Friends, I’d like to introduce a product that I created to the Home Assistant community. The Konnected Alarm Panel is a wired alarm system panel replacement that lets you connect all of your home’s wired door & window sensors, PIR motion sensors, smoke/CO detectors, siren/strobe and more to Home Assistant.
I launched this on Kickstarter in November last year and we raised over $180,000!
Konnected is powered by a NodeMCU ESP8266 WiFi module and the open source konnected-security application built on the NodeMCU firmware.
Konnected connects any brand of wired alarm system to Home Assistant (or SmartThings). You wire it to your wired sensors and siren, just like a traditional alarm panel.
- Konnected component coming in HA 0.70
- Reuse existing wired sensors already in your home!
- Connects to WiFi and communicates with HA over your LAN. No cloud service. Works when internet is down.
- Works with all common wired security system sensors including door/window sensors, PIR motion sensors, glass-break sensors, leak detectors, IR beam detectors, smoke/CO detectors.
- Integrated siren/alarm output works with most (12V DC) alarm system sirens.
- Add-on module features outputs for connecting an signaling a relay module, piezo buzzer, or temperature sensor for endless home automation capabilities.
- AUX 12V out supplies power to motion sensors and other powered sensors
- Infinitely expandable! Each module supports up to 6 sensors/zones. Add more modules for unlimited sensors or zones.
- 100% configurable and automatable. Check out the manual alarm control panel component.
Konnected started out as a late-night “hack project” with a NodeMCU that I bought on Amazon. I lived in a house with an old broken alarm system – but the sensor wires and siren were still working fine. I couldn’t believe that there wasn’t a product that would easily connect these sensors to my home automation hub (I was using SmartThings at the time). So, I built one.
A few months later, the Konnected Alarm Panel launched on Kickstarter and over 1700 backers have now successfully revived their old alarm system.
We’re still taking pre-orders for the Konnected Alarm Panel starting at $75 with expected delivery in June. We’ve just finished fulfilling all of our Kickstarter backers, and are now fulfilling pre-orders from early this year. We expect to be caught up on pre orders by mid-June.
Since Konnected software is entirely open source, you can also build this yourself with any NodeMCU Wifi module and some wiring/soldering skills.
I’m very excited to announce that the Konnected component will be available in the next release of Home Assistant, 0.70!
I can’t wait to hear your feedback.