Life360 Device Tracker Platform

Oh just f!@#cking stupid, there HAS to be a better/equal alternative out there, besides OwnTracks.
Time to say byebye to Life360 after 4-5 years, freaking bastards.

1 Like

How about this? It can be a self hosted alternative. (I used Traccar, but never tried within HA.)

Using Traccar instead of Life360 (stopped working in Russia).
May be hosted on a userā€™s server, also free demo servers may be used.
But would like to have Life360 working as well.

2 Likes

What can be use instead of Life360, that works?

This sucks been using Life360 for years without a problem.
OwnTracks didnā€™t really work.

What is HAS?

An exclamation, to be read in a loud voiceā€¦ not an abbreviation :wink:

3 Likes

Same result here - Life360 stopped working today on HA.

I donā€™t know how either integration is put together or reverse engineered, but it is still working on Hubitat for me.

Could be a matter of time before Hubitat integration stops too, or maybe itā€™s done in a different way.

Same here. Stopped working.

is there no remedy?

Same problem here. What exactly is the reason people arenā€™t optimistic about a fix?

Life360 - Home Assistant.

Thatā€™s why.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t dismiss a fix. I think people are finding an excuse to leave Life360 (and rightfully so, regarding privacy issues). According to GitHub issue, it seems like things are moving.

I have cancelled my Life360 membership and sent a strongly written email to the company requesting that they build an official integration. Will probably be ignored, but Iā€™m voting with my wallet!

7 Likes

I am strongly relaying on tracking for my automatons. Life360 stoped working today as many already mentioned. What are alternatives:

1. OwnTracks - whatā€™s wrong with that (Pros vs Cons)
  2. Traccar - I can care less about Russia (Pros vs Cons)

Thanks

when I tried OwnTracks is was not reliable to be able to open my garage door went I got home or turn on inside lights, just to mention a few

1 Like

yeah I found the Life360 to be the most reliable location tracker and less battery consuming

1. OwnTracks works well enough - Android & iOS
  2. GPSLogger is more configurable - Android only
  3. HAā€™s own app works really well, and the Android version can be set to turn on high accuracy mode when in a chosen zone - so you can put a passive nearly home zone around home.

The last is what I do (having previously used both OwnTracks and GPSLogger), and it works amazingly well.

Iā€™m trying traccar running thru my own server (via the community addon). Not quite there yet.

With some help from a couple of developers, it seems we may have a fix. Still want to do some testing, but hopefully will have something to release soon. And then we keep our fingers crossed that this isnā€™t just the start of a long, rough rideā€¦

14 Likes

Good job dudes. Presumably they will deprecate the v3 API at some point?