Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

Below is the warning from the log:
2018-01-20 13:50:03.680 Warning, Exception: Manager.cpp:2069 - 101 - Invalid ValueID passed to GetValueAsByte

Sounds like you may need to reset the USB stick

Just interesting that it works perfectly fine when I reinstall the regular version of open zwave. So wonder why I would have to reset it.

Maybe the path to the XMLs isn’t correct?
Hard to say really without more info.

I just installed the lastest version of hassbian along with the latest developer version of openzwave. However when I go to pair the NGDZ00-4 it doesnt work. I verifed it was installed and working correctly with the command “pyozw_check”. I also verified that the network key my configuration.yaml file is loading since I don’t see any errors or warnings in the log after the message below:

“2018-01-21 19:20:57.892 Info, Setting Up Provided Network Key for Secure Communications”

The log shows the following warning after trying to add secure node:

“2018-01-21 19:23:57.934 Warning, Node026, MAC Authentication of Packet Failed. Dropping
2018-01-21 19:23:57.934 Detail, Node026, Removing current message”

Any idea what might be causing this?

Edit:

The main log also shows the message below:

“Z-Wave Notification ValueRemoved for an unknown value ({‘id’: 1125900323946519}) on node 24
2:23 PM /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/openzwave/network.py (WARNING)”

I’m currently running hassbain on a raspberry pi I have the linear ngdz004, but have not attempted to configure hassbain to use it, i’m rather new to Linux and have configured zwave to work with several of my devices. I need a set by step set of instructions to configure it to work. Is the following link with instructions still valid , I’m currently running 57

Thanks

I did end up fix those errors I was having it appears I had a couple of nodes that were failed that caused the issue. Now I am getting a Segmentation faults when my ecolink motion sensor changes states. I did not get the log since it is late at night and I wanted this to be working. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what would cause that issue? Other than that it appears to be working with no issues.

Running this…
pip3 uninstall python_openzwave

Gets me this, in red letters…
Cannot uninstall requirement python-openzwave, not installed

Running this…
pip3 install python_openzwave --install-option="–flavor=ozwdev"

Gets me this, in also red letters…
Command “/usr/local/bin/python3.6 -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-build-vs6t_sfo/six/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-5j7egij5-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --flavor=ozwdev” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-vs6t_sfo/six/

Ideas? Thanks in advance!

@ttaidapos

If I had to guess, this is probably a permissions problem. Are you running this command within your virtual environment?

not sure what this means… do i need to run that activate command or something first?

You did a secure add on the NGDZ00-4?
Is Node026 the NGDZ00-4 or something else?

Yes the activate command is needed to get into your virtual environment.

Yup, I tried using add secure node and Node026 is the NGDZ00-4. Interestingly, the NGDZ00-4 responds correctly with a long beep when removing it as a node. I am going to backup my zwave stick network settings and then try a factory reset.

Yeah, by running the steps you mentioned above, you are creating a virtual environment to run homeassistant in which isolates it from the system and so it can have its own python packages.

The error message sounds like there might be a relaying issue on your Zwave network somewhere, hard to say.

Silly question, but what sounds does the NGDZ00-4 make when successfully paired? I am hearing three beeps.

Okay, apparently that message doesn’t matter! After my latest attempt I reset my rpi and now I see the cover! Thanks for your support @firstof9.

pip3 list

Will tell you what is installed, anything zwave related?

Here are all the steps I followed and working: RPi3 + Python 3.6.x

cd /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant
sudo systemctl stop [email protected]
sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant
source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
pip3 uninstall python_openzwave

Proceed (y/n)? y
Successfully uninstalled python-openzwave-0.4.0.35

rm /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/libopenzwave.cpython-35m-arm-linux*.so //This only works for Python 3.5.x and is not needed for 3.6.xxxxx

pip3 install ‘python_openzwave==0.4.0.35’ --install-option="–flavor=ozwdev" //This step takes a bit of time, leave it alone about 15min on RPi3

pyozw_check

Should be OpenZwave Version 1.5.xxxxx

sudo reboot

I get the following error when following these instructions

Command “/usr/bin/python3 -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-build-3wid9_cl/PyDispatcher/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-2wpx09_v-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile –flavor=ozwdev” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-3wid9_cl/PyDispatcher/