Ll TTS give unknown error

I have (I think) installed TTS on my Home Assistant 2023.2.5, Supervisor 2023.01.1,
Operating System 9.5 Frontend 20230202.0 running on Oracle VM. I try running

service: tts.google_translate_say
data:
cache: false
entity_id: all

and get

service failure unknown error

I try

service: tts.marytts_say
data:

and get another unknown error

my tts configuration.yaml section is

tts:

• platform: marytts
    host: “10.0.1.10”
    port: 59125
    codec: “WAVE_FILE”
    voice: “cmu-slt-hsmm”
    language: “en_US”

• platform: google_translate
    language: “en”

I am sure which ip to use for MaryTTS whether the host machine or virtual

I cannot get the MaryTTS UI to come up. so I am wondering if I I am trying to much with a virtual machine

Your formatting there looks very broken, or more accurately it’s missing. It should look more like:

data:

Check your services page to ensure that tts.google_translate_say exists.

Thanks for your prompt response. If you look at the beginning of my post you will see that service does exist.and is giving me n error

Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 5.49.12 AM

My configuration.yaml. looks like this

Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 5.55.37 AM

Please don’t share text as images, share text as text.

Please also read what I wrote … the YAML you posted is broken.

Ok. I am VERY confused which yaml? I read what you posted for the service call and it is exactly the same as I have . I presume my tts section in configuration.yaml is broken but the service page shows both tts.mary_say (my goal) and tts.google_translate_say

data:

That’s YAML. YAML is the markup language used by HA.

What you posted before:

data:

that’s broken

And your service call, as posted, is broken.

You need to match the indenting I’ve shown you.

that ws why I tried to show with the image

I can’t seem to show it with the forum software but ink my HA it is exactly ss you had

The image you posted was of your forum post, with no indenting.

All you should have to do is copy and paste it, using the code markup (</>) in the toolbar.

Still, if you actually have it correct, check the log file for warnings or errors.

duh. logs. and thank for code markup tip

I am getting

websocket_api script: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: RTSP/1.0 method ANNOUNCE failed with code 453: Not Enough Bandwidth

That doesn’t surprise as my internet is so so

back to MaryTTS since stand alone a actually my goal

configuration.yaml

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: marytts
    language: "en_US"
    host: "10.0.1.10"
    port: 59125

service call

data:

Ii get this error

[140499411523888] Error handling message: Unknown error (unknown_error) from 10.0.1.185 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.6.1 Safari/605.1.15)
10:27:54 AM – (ERROR) Home Assistant WebSocket API
websocket_api script: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: [Errno 111] Connection refused
10:27:54 AM – (ERROR) components/marytts/tts.py

I m wondering if this has to do with the fact I am running HA on a Linux VM hosted on Mac mini. I have tried localhost for the IP. 10.0.10 which is the VM and 10.0.1.185 (which if the host) and get the same error

Make sure that your internal URL is correctly set. If you’re handling SSL in HA then that can’t be http:// or use your LAN IP.

You can inspect the media player entity in states and test the URL for the TTS MP3 in your browser.

You have advanced my knowledge of HA several degrees. I had not updated the internal URL on this reinstallation. There is a media player instance in state but I am uncertain what you mean testing the url. I am still getting

[139964082203200] Error handling message: Unknown error (unknown_error) from 10.0.1.185 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.6.1 Safari/605.1.15)
2:56:13 PM – (ERROR) Home Assistant WebSocket API
websocket_api script: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: [Errno 111] Connection refused
2:56:13 PM – (ERROR) components/marytts/tts.py

I also can not get the MaryTT page up at 59125 just get a connection failure

Look at that entity and you’ll see a URL in the attribute. For instance I just played a TTS and see:

media_content_id: http://192.168.0.42:8123/api/tts_proxy/0f7b9c1779a56cde0deec591da114e59a68db301_en-us_152245a9c2_google_cloud.mp3

I can paste that URL into a browser and it plays the TTS.

I suspect you need to install that software, and that it’s not part of HA.

ahhhhhhhhhh. I was sort of thinking that. Make sense. Install on host or virtual machine?

It’d need to be an add-on

ahhh. I think that is level 5 and I am at level 0. Time for more research

found it. https://github.com/Poeschl/Hassio-Addons see how this goes

and new errors. wonder if the speaker is part of the issue

139873573122976] Error handling message: Unknown error (unknown_error) from 10.0.1.185 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.6.1 Safari/605.1.15)
4:47:17 PM – (ERROR) Home Assistant WebSocket API - message first occurred at 4:47:02 PM and shows up 2 times
websocket_api script: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: RTSP/1.0 method ANNOUNCE failed with code 453: Not Enough Bandwidth
4:47:17 PM – (ERROR) components/apple_tv/media_player.py - message first occurred at 4:47:02 PM and shows up 2 times

Did you check the URL for the media_content_id?

Did you test it in a browser?