Ll TTS give unknown error

that ws why I tried to show with the image

I can’t seem to show it with the forum software but ink my HA it is exactly ss you had

The image you posted was of your forum post, with no indenting.

All you should have to do is copy and paste it, using the code markup (</>) in the toolbar.

Still, if you actually have it correct, check the log file for warnings or errors.

duh. logs. and thank for code markup tip

I am getting

websocket_api script: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: RTSP/1.0 method ANNOUNCE failed with code 453: Not Enough Bandwidth

That doesn’t surprise as my internet is so so

back to MaryTTS since stand alone a actually my goal

configuration.yaml

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: marytts
    language: "en_US"
    host: "10.0.1.10"
    port: 59125

service call

service: tts.marytts_say
data:
  cache: false
  entity_id: all

Ii get this error

[140499411523888] Error handling message: Unknown error (unknown_error) from 10.0.1.185 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.6.1 Safari/605.1.15)
10:27:54 AM – (ERROR) Home Assistant WebSocket API
websocket_api script: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: [Errno 111] Connection refused
10:27:54 AM – (ERROR) components/marytts/tts.py

I m wondering if this has to do with the fact I am running HA on a Linux VM hosted on Mac mini. I have tried localhost for the IP. 10.0.10 which is the VM and 10.0.1.185 (which if the host) and get the same error

Make sure that your internal URL is correctly set. If you’re handling SSL in HA then that can’t be http:// or use your LAN IP.

You can inspect the media player entity in states and test the URL for the TTS MP3 in your browser.

You have advanced my knowledge of HA several degrees. I had not updated the internal URL on this reinstallation. There is a media player instance in state but I am uncertain what you mean testing the url. I am still getting

[139964082203200] Error handling message: Unknown error (unknown_error) from 10.0.1.185 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.6.1 Safari/605.1.15)
2:56:13 PM – (ERROR) Home Assistant WebSocket API
websocket_api script: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: [Errno 111] Connection refused
2:56:13 PM – (ERROR) components/marytts/tts.py

I also can not get the MaryTT page up at 59125 just get a connection failure

Look at that entity and you’ll see a URL in the attribute. For instance I just played a TTS and see:

media_content_id: http://192.168.0.42:8123/api/tts_proxy/0f7b9c1779a56cde0deec591da114e59a68db301_en-us_152245a9c2_google_cloud.mp3

I can paste that URL into a browser and it plays the TTS.

I suspect you need to install that software, and that it’s not part of HA.

ahhhhhhhhhh. I was sort of thinking that. Make sense. Install on host or virtual machine?

It’d need to be an add-on

ahhh. I think that is level 5 and I am at level 0. Time for more research

found it. https://github.com/Poeschl/Hassio-Addons see how this goes

and new errors. wonder if the speaker is part of the issue

139873573122976] Error handling message: Unknown error (unknown_error) from 10.0.1.185 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.6.1 Safari/605.1.15)
4:47:17 PM – (ERROR) Home Assistant WebSocket API - message first occurred at 4:47:02 PM and shows up 2 times
websocket_api script: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: RTSP/1.0 method ANNOUNCE failed with code 453: Not Enough Bandwidth
4:47:17 PM – (ERROR) components/apple_tv/media_player.py - message first occurred at 4:47:02 PM and shows up 2 times

Did you check the URL for the media_content_id?

Did you test it in a browser?

There was no url I have no functioning TTS I don’t have anything to browse I just want it to say sornething like open or close

expanding the error I get

ok. selecting MaryTTS under media and choosing browser. I can get MaryTTS to speak Still no id

you’re saying that when you look in the States menu at the media_player entity that there’s no attribute there?

my attributes are

volume_level: 0.33
friendly_name: Beachtick
supported_features: 137093

I think the nature of this device doen’t support what we re trying to do, It is an apple airport express router. which was discontinued 7 years ago, Thanks for all the effort

looking at this… I am thinking about utrying to add an Owntones server. to HA and then using Airplay to get the TTTS output to my speakers Does that makem any sense to anyone?

no luck with this or MaryTTS

Still playing and leaning, The issue was with the media players. The one I was trying to use was a BT in the Mac OS. In this Link. https://community.home-assistant.io/t/tryin-to-get-tts-to-work-on-host-computer/552930/4 I learned about browers mod which worked great for mat limited purpose