Lockly WiFi Hub

Maybe using Matter?

I also see that some lockly devices already support matter:

That was my thought as well but does that mean they are ether going to push new firmware for the wifi adaptor or update the lock to support matter over BLE, I dont know enough to know if that last part is even possible

Bad news if you own a Lockly already. They are going to make you buy a new one for the Homekit and Home Assistant integration. Not thrilled that it’s a “hardware” update

I just called Lockly and you can apparently get their Z-Wave edition locks through this distributor… anyone try them yet? Search Results – UHS Hardware

iirc inability to unlock door “smartly” seems to be an intentional design for security reason. My old schlage zwave lock also lets me lock remotely but won’t unlock.

1 Like

I got the following response from Lockly: the matter compatibility with secure link wifi hub are still under development.
So there’s still some hope for those having a secure link wifi hub.

Fingers crossed, I could swallow having to buy a new hub but they can jump in a lake if they want me to buy a whole new lock!

1 Like

Keep those fingers crossed:

1 Like

Ah so with sky connect we will be able to use lockly finally

Well, the backwards compatible matter hub is going to be $79.99 which is the same non sale price as the wifi hub. Should be able to connect into HA with Apple HomeKit locally.

1 Like

Hoping existing locks can work with it. Not just their new one

Where is the matter hub? Should be out by now?
Trying to get my locks to home assistant.

I’m a little late with this but still wanted to report on it. Looks like Home Depot accidentally sold the Visage Zeno early and some people managed to snatch it up before they realized their mistake. One guy made a thread about it on Reddit and he loves it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smarthome/comments/1e2biic/lockly_visage_zeno_deadbolt_review/

I noticed it and asked him questions about Matter. As far as he can tell, there is no sign of Matter support. Not on the box or anywhere on the app. Definitely no Matter QR code as well. I assume an update enabling Matter will be coming at a later date because the Lock already has built in Wifi and doesn’t need a bridge.

I love the idea of facial unlocking but the lack of Matter made me buy the Aqara U200. I love how fast the motors work to unlock. But nothing beats just walking up to your door so I will consider returning the U200 if the Visage comes out soon with Matter support.

any update on lockleys status? I have a Defender 23BLE trim edition on my store front door and would like to be able to access it via home assistant.

1 Like