Logitech Harmony Integration with @iandday's component

Ive setup the harmony remote and home assistant to react if one or the other is used.

But im from sweden and we use the word “Stäng av” insted of “power off”.

And when i press my remote to turn off the harmony. To make homeassistant react to whats happening. i use this code:¨

Automasation were the problem is:

- alias: "Powered off from Harmony Hub"
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: remote.vardagsrum
  condition:
    condition: template
    value_template: '{{ trigger.to_state.attributes.current_activity == "PowerOff" }}'
  action:
    service: input_select.select_option
    entity_id: input_select.living_room_tv
    data:
      option: "Stäng av"

But sadly when i use that i get errors in the logg cause the option “Stäng av” is not “PowerOff” in input_select.
Invalid option: PowerOff (possible options: Välj Aktivitet, Tv, Htpc, Apple tv, Raspberry Pi, Stäng av)

Is there anyway to make it understand that i want it to use “Stäng av” when it see that remote is powered off?
Do mind that everything is working besides that i get the error in the logg.

seemed to be this that did it.
- alias: Harmony Set Input Select On Start
hide_entity: true
trigger:
platform: event
event_type: homeassistant_start
action:
- delay:
seconds: 30
- service: input_select.select_option
data_template:
option: ‘{{ states.remote.vardagsrum.attributes.current_activity }}’

Is this still working?

- alias: Harmony Set Input Select On Start
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: homeassistant_start
  action:
    - delay:
        seconds: 40
      data_template:
        option: '{{ states.remote.vardagsrum.attributes.current_activity }}'

Asking cause nothing is happening on my setup that im using with the correct info filled.

I have solved it using scripts now… thats perfect and “looks” much cleaner than before :slight_smile:

are you doing it completely in scrip’s or calling a scrip from an automation?

no i call the scripts from an automation. Like:

action:
- service: script.turn_on
  data_template: 
    entity_id: >-
      {% if is_state("input_select.harmony_powertoggle", "AV Devices Power on") %}script.av_devices_power_on_script

I did not know that i can use sequences and therefore can call different services in one script. Thats exactly what i need :slight_smile:

Hey guys.

I’m really interested in utilizing this component but I have no clue how to start the installation process. I’ve downloaded the zip file on my desktop but I have no clue how to upload/install this on my Hass.io.

Please advice. I am an absolutely clueless about python tbh.

Thanks!

It’s a standard component, no installing to do, try reading the docs :slight_smile:

Specifically referring to Step 1: Installation. What does this mean? Or should I just follow from “Add the Remote Component…” instead?

If you have the Discovery Component active, Home Assistant will automatically find your Harmony hubs. You can check out the Harmony Hub Remote component page to find some information to get you started.

Discovery Component is active. And there is a harmony_harmony_hub.conf file in my Config folder, however there is no way to select the activities or execute individual commands through Hass.io. I’d like to be able to select, for example, my tv (device) then power on/off toggle and input (actions) and my A/C (device) then Power On/Off Toggle and Timer (Action). Will this component enable me to do so with some modifications?

Yes, but you’ll need to supply all of the information manually. The config files mention the device ID’s you’ll need to control your devices, then you need to set up automations or scripts to send the individual commands to your hubs.

A popular method for control is using Input Select to select your activities. Variations of something like this.

- alias: 'TV Room Controls'
  initial_state: true
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: input_select.tv_room
  action:
    - service: remote.turn_on
      data_template:  
        entity_id: remote.tv_room
        activity: >-
          {% if is_state("input_select.tv_room", "PowerOff") %}-1
          {% elif is_state("input_select.tv_room", "Watch TV") %}18609512
          {% elif is_state("input_select.tv_room", "Watch Fire TV") %}18744923
          {% elif is_state("input_select.tv_room", "Watch a Movie") %}18609955
          {% elif is_state("input_select.tv_room", "Listen to Music") %}18609893
          {% elif is_state("input_select.tv_room", "Play Xbox") %}30907506
          {% endif %}
      entity_id: input_select.tv_room
      data_template:
        option: "Select Activity"

This gives you a drop down menu in your front end to select your activities. To send individual commands to your devices, you’ll also need to set up automations that will issue the commands to your hub. I’ve seen automations that use input sliders for volume adjustments, toggle switches, data input boxes, etc…

Edit: I forgot to add that you’ll need to add your Input Select info in your config file. Something like this.

input_select:
#Harmony
  tv_room:
    name: TV Room
    options:
     - Select Activity
     - Watch TV
     - Watch Fire TV
     - Watch a Movie
     - Listen to Music
     - Play Xbox
     - PowerOff
    initial: Select Activity
1 Like

Thanks for heading me in the right direction, after reading the instructions a few times over and analyzing the code you quoted, I’ll try to figure out some way to make it work. Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it!

Thank you for posting your HA project. I was able to work out many of the problems I was having with my Harmony Hub after carefully reviewing your config/automation/script files.

You might want to investigate emulated_roku now too, allows you to easily control HA with Harmony rather than the other way around.

Thanks for the suggestion. I followed through on it, and I now have a new use for buttons on my Harmony hub that enable me to turn lights on/off. I stumbled through the same confusion as others on where to place the Python code & getting the HH configured to see the new device.

A very useful add-on to HA.

1 Like

Can Harmony Hub read the current on/off state of an old-and-not-really-smart-TV (which has only a power-toggle button)?

Harmony doesn’t actually ‘know’ the state of anything, it ‘assumes’ based on what activity you’ve triggered, ie if it sent a power on command to a device when you pressed ‘watch a movie’ it assumes it’s on until it sends an off command at the end of that activity.

Makes sense. Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible to install this on Hassio on a rpi3? Because in Hassio i can’t use the commandline to use wget for downloading this component. What sould I do?

Edit:
I didn’t see this post Logitech Harmony Integration with @iandday's component. So it is auto discovered but only need some extra configuration. Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I added this integration months ago and since few months i noticed that at HA reboot all script are triggered from imput select. I’m the only one facing this issue?