Looking for best possible local weather station for homeassistant

The tempest weather station from weatherflow ticks all your needs.
I’ve had one for a couple years now, it’s been rock solid, and easy integration into HA locally.

the downside, it’s well over your price, but still wanted to make you aware of it.

1 Like

I bought a sainlogic ws0310 and can’t for the life of me figure out how to connect it to HA. their webui has no options for cusotm servers to connect to ecowitt. Can you provide any tips or tricks?

Hi. Tempest looks awesome. Can it integrate with home assistant without using internet or cloud?

yes it has local UDP integration.
but it also pushes your weather info to the cloud, which can then be tied to from the weather underground app on your phone.
So your phone weather can actually use your local weather station for current conditions too

Did you ever figure out how to connect the WS0310 to HA?

I’ve been searching around and it seems like other Sainlogic models are rebranded Ecowitt models, and maybe this isn’t the case with the WS0310. I have tried the WSView and Ecowitt apps but neither of them have a device in their list that matches the 0310

Guys, don’t know if you have seen this but if not, there you go: Homeassistant 12h local weather forecast. ~94% accurate*

@all
@FredTheFrog

Any Ideas for Sainlogic FT0850 to integrate the 3 temperature and humidity units?

Has anyone tried the Ambient Weather WS-1551-IP Smart Wireless Weather Station yet? It’s pretty much a different version from the similar WS2000 and similar folks in here are talking about.

It pretty much has Wifi/LAN access to your network, and hooks into their proprietary software: IP TOOLS. And states it can hook to all the popular stuff like Apple/Alexa, but obviously nothing about our niche hobby-smart tools.

Anyone get this working at all? Seems promising, but rather see if their is a plugin/way to make it integrate before I just jump the gun and buy the thing.

The best advice I can provide is to use RTL_433 to MQTT to capture the information sent back from the weather station to the base unit. That’s how I’m getting information from my Sainlogic unit.

Quick plug for my app, ecowitt2mqtt, which transmits data from any Fine Offset weather station (including white-labeled variants, like Ambient Weather, Sainlogic, Ecowitt, etc.) to an MQTT broker (which can then ingested into HASS), all over your LAN.

1 Like

Have a check if this :Weather Station for Home Assistant/ ESPHome | Makerfabs
with:

1 Like

I saw this and it looks cool but I’m unsure it will hold up to the outside elements and they don’t really provide a power solution, just a usb A out. If it’s outside what are the options for power?

Hi. I’m looking to buy the ws3500 to integrate it to HA. Anyone can told me if the rain sensor is reliable enough to be use to close covers in case of rains, before the windows go completely wet? :sweat_smile:

It still works fine. I didn’t even need to change the battery so far…

Nah, this should be done differently. It is far to slow.

Ok, so the rain detection isn’t fast enough you think… Thanks for the information!

I’m here doing my research before buying hardware and it seems like Sainlogic is a reasonable call, but holy moly is their website hot garbage. The site, the Amazon listings… everything is Engrish and stock photos. I’m just trying to figure out what the difference is between the… three?.. currently available models:

1. the 835 → seems like a basic station with no wifi/internet
  2. the 835 plus → seems like the same sensors, but you get wifi
  3. the 310 → I have no idea how this differs from the 835 plus

anyone know how to compare and contrast?

For anyone looking, I am using a Bresser Scientific 7-in-1 which if frequently discounted. Decoding is done with the rtl_433 add-on set at 868MHz.
It seems that the pressure sensor is not wireless but inside the base unit. However, one can use an older (flagship) phone for this.
Still looking for a nice card for the data though.

Do you have some sort of 433mHz receiver dongle?

Using an rlt stick set to 868 MHz, working flawlessly but want to switch to a custom decoder