Losing network connection after a few hours

I don’t think they will deprecate it again. There was to much reaction to that decision.

I have had the stability issues for almost a year. I shared many logs with the developers (@Stefan) and others. I opened GitHub issues that have remained open. I tried many custom versions that they made for me to try and none were successful. It is not that the developers aren’t trying to fix the issue it is just that the issue has only effected a select few of us. I am not sure if the developers have the necessary equipment to troubleshoot the issue correctly. I believe there is a timing issue on some of the pi boards due to variations of the component tolerances.

I have followed the issue closely and the only solutions that I have seen for anyone with this issue is as I posted above. As long as the users were using good hardware changing the power supply, SSD or controller never seemed to solve anyone’s problem
There has never been any useful log information to help solve the problem. Debian works for now. Who know what happens when this updates to 11 if it will continue to work?

1 Like

I upgraded to Debian 11 when they announced support was coming Did not have any problems yet, but I did not have them before. The only issue is the ‘unsupported OS’ messages, but that will change once the updated supervisor is released.

Thanks. I am very Interested In hearing from people that had the issues with HAOS if they still have no issues with Debian 11. If they don’t then it will lead you to believe that the issues are caused by how the HAOS was implemented.

Hi All,
MY RPI4 lost connection in the local network (ethernet connection), when i check in my router, all devices are here expected RPI4. when i reboot my RPI4, it appear again in the network.

my router : Nokia G-240
I already set a static IP for HomeAssistant

have i miss something?

Thanks

This is exactly what happens to me.
The home assistant host disappears from connected clients in my router.
I have router connected to a tplink deco mesh system which confiured as dynamic IP. the RP4 board is connected to that bridge.

Hi,
it seems that this problem happen frequently, and a few hours later it appears again.
i use RPI4B ethernet connect to the router, the led is on in the router and RPI4 but canot found it in the local network, even if i use the static ip address.

1 Like

i am having the same problem for 5 days now. and even with my new staging-homeassitant-raspi.

the strangest thing: the LAN-Port-LEDs stay ON, when i disconnect the cable. This seems to be a Problem with the network adapter driver in the Home-Assistant-OS.

Never had the problem with Raspian on the board
i had it always on before, because i used it as DHCP-Server.

i would revert to an earlier home-assistant-OS

Yes, for me too, on the RPI, the LAN-Port-LED stay on, at the same time, the HA server is not in my network (double check by ping or in my router network) :thinking:.

1 Like

Havent had that specific problem in a week now, but i often get messages that the supervisor could not open grafana or node-red… then when i try a second time, or at the third time it finally works…
the superwisor seems to talk to the other services with a 172-something-address… so still, if there is a problem with the network driver it can also impact the entire TCP/IP-Stack.

but currently i have less time for that, so i started to document some stuff for myself, before i plan to do a greenfield-installation

I got the same problem 3 times last week, whitout any action, the Pi is not in my network anymore (even if it’s LAN connected to router and the LED is on). after a Pi reboot everything works fine! until now, i did not succeed how to pass over this issue :frowning:

I agree that this appears to be on the HASS side. However I do have a fix that works. Simply pull the LAN cable out once a day, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back it.

So, being an automation guy, I automated this :). I put a switch between the rPi running HASS and the hub it is on. I have the switch automatically disconnect the rPi from the network every 8 hours, wait 10 seconds, then reconnect it. That fixed the problem for me.

jim

• ISY with Z-wave dongle and a serial Insteon PLM
  • Over 100 Insteon devices
  • About 20 z-wave devices
  • A few TP-Link devices
  • A handful of ESP8266 node servers
  • Experimenting with Lutron - it looks really great. I got the picos working to control my Insteon devices (nice now that Insteon is out of business)
  • Nearly completely phased out all of my X10
1 Like

I had this problem and could not figure it out. I could ping but could not connect to the home page. IP was asssigned and static, checked the power supply and everything. I also had a link light for connectivity.

After spending a lot of time trying to troubleshoot, i decided to log into my router page. Even though the device was active, no response. I was able to click on the device and under advanced settings, my router had the device setup as a network device. I changed the device type from network device to generic PC. Immediately i did this, i was able to connect. I am guessing the network has a different set of rules and connection types for network devices versus generic computers. Lets hope it holds up. Router type is a netgear orbi

Please note this only happened after i performed my most recent upgrade.

1 Like

I too are having the disconnection issues - I’m using a Pi4. At my wits end - I’ve had to restart 3 times today alone.

Any advice welcomed - I’m using the most recent version of HA

TIA

Hi,

same to mee :frowning: Its completely annoing!

I have to newest HASSIO and HA Version installed on my Pi4 (white/red case).

Some in here are are saying that downgrading to hassio 5.4 is the solution. so, if so…how do i do that without loosing configurations? actual version is 7.0. this is a big gap.

cheers from germany

I’ve just downgraded my HASS OS to 6.6 (ha os update --version 6.6) - lets see if i get that Homematic connection back to a stable state now…

24 hours later, my Raspi didn’t lose its Wifi connection even once - so, i’d call that one a success…

Also, Homematic integration is still connected whereas i had to manually restart / reconnect at least 4-5 times a day (after noticing it has gone offline of course…)

So, lets hope that whatever is borked in OS 7.0 gets fixed soon…

How did you do a downgrade?

The same way you’d (manually) do an update - see two posts above for the command or the official docs here: Common Tasks - Operating System - Home Assistant

Which command you used? ha core update --version x.y.z ?