Louvolite R1725 blinds motor with R1730 remote control in HA using RFXtrx from RFXcom

I’ve just successfully added those blinds to HA a want to share, how i did it, so people do not have to spend hours seeking info, like i did…

You will need a RFXtrx transceiver.

You will need a Windows machine to flash the firmware

The software setup all together is done in less, than one hour.

Step 1. Install your blinds as the documentation said. Set your limits with the attached remote

Step 2. Download on a Windows machine from the RFXcom website the RFXflash programmer and latest firmware (For RFXtrxE the PRO1 firmware and for RSXtrxXL the PROXL1 firmware)

Step 3. Connect the RFXtrx to a Windows machine

Step 4. Flash the firmware with the programmer

Step 5. Connect the RFXtrx to USB on your HA machine

Step 6. Add the HA integration RFXCOM RFXtrx - Home Assistant

Step 7. Find the integration, click on configure

Step 8. Select Automatically add and the blinds protocol

Step 9. Click save

Step 10. Tap on the UP button on your remote.

You blinds are now added.

Step 11. Go back to the integration, uncheck automatically add and save. That will prevent unwanted device discovery.

You are done, you now have one device with 3 entities.

You can click on the device and add it to lovelace.

And, i found also, that 3 fast clicks on STOP do move the blinds to MY position, if that is setup with the original remote.

Happy blinding… :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for this - I am tempted to jump in and kit my flat out with Louvolite blinds…them working in home assistant makes it even more tempting!

I guess I would just need one RFXtrx transceiver for all my blinds?

I am looking at the double blinds, so I guess I would end up with 2 entries per blind but apart from that should all be as it is for yours? Do you have the Louvolite hub or is that not needed for this?

Thanks!

Can’t say anything about the doubles, not having them.

I now have three singles. No any Louvolite hub.
Only one RfxTrx box. It does work fine, never misses a command.

I have been wrestling with these blinds for hours, but can’t get my RFXCom device to respond to remote control commands in blinds that had already been programmed. The problem is that I have an older RFXtrx433e device. I’m guessing you have a newer RFXusb with RFX433 or similar, correct?
My device doesn’t fully support receive protocols for the Louvolite. I got the following response from RFXCom, in case anyone else is trying to work with a RFXtrx433e:

Select a random ID and unit code and transmit a Confirm command with the motor in pairing mode like you add a new Louvolite remote to the motor. Use T0, T11 or T17 depending on the Louvolite motor.

I’m not sure it works yet, as the method for adding remotes is different for my blinds. I will continue to play with it and update this thread if I get it working.

By the way, big shout out to RFXCom support, who are accurate, helpful, quick, and often respond outside office hours.

1 Like

Did you update the firmware?

Yes. Even the latest firmware doesn’t fully support Blinds0 protocol on the RFXtrx433e.

Oeps, that’s sad…

OK, nailed it. This is the way to set up a RFXtrx433e with a recent Louvolite blind:

1. Update the RFXtrx433e using Pro1 firmware (I used version 1048).
  2. In RFXmngr, select the “BlindsT0” protocol, click “Set Mode”, click “Save Settings”.
  3. Set up your blind normally and pair it with the provided remote control
  4. Press and hold the “Stop” button on the remote for 5 seconds. The blind motor will twitch.
  5. In RFXmngr, select “Blinds1” tab, Type “T11”, choose (and note down) random IDs, choose the Unit Code for your blind, select “Open” command and press Transmit. You will need to do this within 10 seconds of step 4.
  6. Your blind is now paired with the ID you chose in step 5.

Now I need to work out how to create a new device in HA and bind it to the correct IDs. Wish me luck…

1 Like

In my case the RfxTrx integration made the entities by it self, here are my 3 blinds:

afbeelding

and an example of one of them:

Unfortunately I had to manually add the blind in the RFXtrx integration. This was slightly easier than expected, just needed to add a device using the integration configuration options “Enter event code to add”.
In my case, for T11 type blinds, the event code was
09190BFF1A1B1C010100
which is made up of
09190BFF[ID1][ID2][ID3][Unit code]0100
Which results in a Cover device being created. Bingo! Now the only problem is that the up and down buttons are reversed.

Well, you are still closer :wink:

Maybe using template cover will solve that for you?