Lovelace: Alarm card

I learned that the “code_arm_required” entry is only for the MQTT alarm that communicates with a 3rd party alarm system, like ADT. I am using the Home Assistant manual MQTT alarm, meaning HA is handling all the alarm functionality. The “code_arm_required” option to allow arming without a code was not included in the manual HA alarm.

I created a feature request to have this added. You can vote it up to help get it included.

Oh, gladly. Where can I vote for it? How you do it? Thank you!

Just click this link and click the “vote” button in the top left

Anyone know how to make the number buttons larger? I’m going to try the solution above to change the colour, but ideally also want them to be bigger too.

2 Likes

Anyway, is there any methods to arm alarm without PIN, but could disarm alarm with PIN?

I believe it depends on the alarm you’re using.
I arm mine without pin, but a code is required to disarm.
And there is an option to ask code to arm the alarm.

1 Like

This would be controlled by the back end, not the front end. There is the option code_arm_required for manual mqtt alarm which stops the code been required for arming. I have a PR to add this option to manual and manual alarm with mqtt.

Hi all,

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, I am using manual alarm without MQTT. so definitely need to wait for next release.

When will this feature releases?

I wanna to try out this feature.

Hello everybody.

I have a little problem with this card. I use mqtt alarm panel connected to a paradox system via mqtt. Here is the config from HA. The payloads are ok and working.

alarm_control_panel:
platform: mqtt
name: “alarm”
code: “0000”
state_topic: “paradoxdCTL/hassio/Arm”
command_topic: “paradoxCTL/in”
payload_disarm: ‘{“password”:“0000”,“Command”:“disarm”,“Subcommand”:“0”}’
payload_arm_night: ‘{“password”:“0000”,“Command”:“sleep”,“Subcommand”:“0”}’
payload_arm_home: ‘{“password”:“0000”,“Command”:“stay”,“Subcommand”:“0”}’
payload_arm_away: ‘{“password”:“0000”,“Command”:“arm”,“Subcommand”:“0”}’

When clicking on arming away or home nothing happens, but when I use manual panel from HA instead, everything is ok ! Any idea where is the problem ?
Or somebody can show me some working config ?

Thanks a lot

I am using this card with manual alarm and when i try to Arm or Disarm with code i get an error in the log stating Invalid code given for disarmed but the code is correct. I can disarm/arm using the panel that i access from the States panel <>. Is this a known bug ? I am using 0.92.0

Does anyone have some tips / sample code on changing the size of the buttons? I’m using a Amazon Fire Tablet 7" and they’re too tiny for my fat fingers. Thank you!

Is there an issue out for the lovelace alarm panel that the buttons are no longer buttons? Even the documentation still shows the buttons. I know there are easy fixes but that should be reported so it can go mainstream since i have the same fat finger issue as djtommye.

@riemers @djtommye Some of the styling has been changed recently, but there is a new way to re-style the ha-card elements here. I was able to enlarge the numbers(buttons) on the stock alarm-panel so they can easily be pressed. Not my best work, but very functional for our needs.

1 Like

Still looks nice though :wink:

What i was meaning is that we should have a ticket open for this since it has changed the default look and feel which did work and is still advertised in the documentation of HA. Sadly i don’t know what changed otherwise i would prefer to send in a PR instead. Perhaps we/all can look into that and make it happen? Because the card itself is fine as it stand (except for the css)

could you show your config to enlarge the buttons on the stock alarm card?

Sure thing. This styling requires the plugin I linked above to be installed first.

- type: 'custom:hui-alarm-panel-card' # alarm-panel # 
          style:
            .: |
              ha-card {
                --mdc-theme-primary: white;
              }
            "#keypad mwc-button":
              $: |
                :host {
                  background: transparent;
                }
                button {
                  font-size: 27px !important;
                }
            "#keypad mwc-button:nth-of-type(12)":
              $: |
                button {
                  font-size: 17px !important;
                  --mdc-theme-primary: lime;
                }
          entity: alarm_control_panel.ha_alarm

The styling for the pop-up card can be found here.

Cheers… shame it requires SO MUCH effort to tame those little buttons… :\

Found that issue that was bound to be out there… https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-polymer/issues/2812

Yup, problem with the new mwc-button is, font styles doesn’t take effect, and the fonts are WAYYY to small. I ended up changing the mwc-buttons to stanard button. Looks much better now.

Alarm_panel

Care to share that config, presume others would want it too :wink: