Lovelace: Alarm card

the badge next to the buttons is red when armed…

Yes, it is. I have a fire8 tablet on the wall as my HA dashboard and the badge is not very visible from a distance. In any case, I just created another theme with red buttons and set up an automation to switch themes when armed/disarmed.

I set up my abode integration through the HA GUI, and this card seems to be working for me, but when I ‘arm away’ the icon does not blink pending while the countdown is counting down. The command is executing because the alarm starts doing its countdown, but through the card its hard to tell if the command executed because the icon isn’t blinking. Is there a way to fix this?

I have my code like that

title: Alarm
icon: mdi: alarm-light
cards:

• type: ‘custom: alarm_control_panel-card’
    entity: alarm_control_panel.house
    show_keypad: true
    title: House Alarm
    tyle: ‘–alarm-color-disarmed: var (- label-badge-blue);’
    labels:
    ui.card.alarm_control_panel.arm_away: Outside
    ui.card.alarm_control_panel.arm_home: House
    ui.card.alarm_control_panel.arm_night: Summer
    ui.card.alarm_control_panel.clear_code: ←
    ui.card.alarm_control_panel.code: Code
    states:
    • arm_home
    • arm_away
    • arm_night

and I don’t get the keyboard how can I fix it?

Hi,
i’ve used the above code to install custom alarm card.
Unfortunately cards ha an error, could you help me please?

This is card code:

Cattura

…and this is resource:

Cattura2
Js file is in www directory.

Thank again for your help.
Regards,

Alessandro

try to remove quotes around type string and also a space between custom: and the rest as per this post

Thank you so much guys,
now it works!

Regards,

Alessandro

1 Like

Is it possible to be able to arm without entering a code?

I believe it depends on your alarm’s settings - if it requires code to ar, you’ll see the keypad, otherwise just buttons to arm.

if you are using the standard alarm panel then add this to your configuration.yaml

code_arm_required: false

1 Like

After 0.106 my panel stopped working. Has anyone found a solution?

106.0 and 106.1 haven’t affected the Alarm Card for me.

Mine is also dead after latest update:
Getting this error: Cannot add property scale, object is not extensible

What makes this better than the built-in panel?

1 Like

Nice I changed it to the built-in panel and all works now.

Did the same. Thank you.

From what I can tell, you can hide the keypad, and better display the current state of the entity, as well as a few other options that are not part of the built-in card. As of right now, I can’t get this card to work, and, the built-in card doesn’t seem to be working properly either, as I can’t get it to display the current state, as per the docs.

what’s it showing?

I noticed hiding the keypad isn’t an option, but what would be the point of having the panel w/o the keypad? As for the current state it seems pretty clear to me, you can leave out the name and it will display the current state in plain text for you.

It is just showing the alarm entity name.

on a mobile device, clicking the code field brings up the device’s keyboard to enter the code, thereby saving space.

This is what is not working for me, it simply displays the alarm entity name.

Ah I do see that now. Looks like a frontend bug, you should report it on github :slight_smile:
You could also request a “hide keypad” flag too