Home Assistant Community

Lovelace button card (capital letters and blank cards)

Hi! Is it possible to use blank card with official button card? And is there a way not to use all capital letters?
I did that all with custom card
But I would like to stay with official one.
Can that be done now?

0 Likes

I don’t think so. Not sure if it’s in the pipeline either. @iantrich might know, he’s pretty active with lovelace.

0 Likes

I would honestly recommend the custom button at this point. The core button cards needs to be completely redone, in my opinion.

1 Like

I completely agree, the button card has so much more customization that I can’t use the original one anymore.

The buttons in the screenshot are created with the custom button card (and card-modder).

0 Likes

Oh, rounded buttons are so good. Did you achieve that with card modder?

0 Likes

Seems to be right decision, as there is no way to customize core button.

0 Likes

Yes, I used card-modder and button card, though I do not really know if you need both for this effect (I believe so though). I have both setup in my config.

0 Likes

Wow, yeah, I’m using the regular button right now. I’ll have to swap to the custom button. I had to jump through hoops to get a grid of buttons using the normal button.

0 Likes

Buttons look awesome - counting down the days until someone makes a full touchscreen (buttoned) dashboard out of love lace - similar to tailboard etc.

0 Likes

You will need to use a vertical and a horizontal stack to put them the way I made them.

So it will be a (few) horizontal-stack(s) within a vertical stack (otherwise it will look horrible on desktops)

0 Likes

What did you use to get the empty space? I.E using horizontal and vertical stacks by default stretch the controls.

0 Likes

It is a button-card component. With that component you can create “blank” cards. They will just look empty (no need to configure a dummy entity as you would with the built in entity-button card).

1 Like

Don’t you use slate theme? If not, could you share your night mode code?
Upd. Actually, now I see the difference, slate is more gloomy. So, would love to try out your theme :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Actually, it is based on slate. Even better, only 3 colors are changed.

Primary color and accent color to #555555

paper-card-background-color: ‘rgba(11, 11, 11, 0.60)’

Set this and put a grey gradient wallpaper on your lovelace setup. Sorry I’m not at home at the moment so I can’t copy paste my setup atm. But right of the bat this is what I have changed.

You can check here for more screenshots:

1 Like