Lovelace: Multiple entity row

Excellent addition, but i do notice a small problem. The switch or the states do not update after any changes. Forcing a browser refresh does make the change. Any ideas, has anyone else found the problem?

1 Like

Im running into the same issue as Carl, my switch states are flicking back to off and then not updating:

Imgur

Also would it be possible to integrate other custom cards such as the lock-entity as above?

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been abroad for quite a while.

No, I’m afraid not.

This issue was also reported on github and I released a fix for this last week. Sorry again for it taking such a long time.

Unfortunately, it will not be possible to easily integrate other custom cards just like that. I might be able to add support for a lock-entity mechanism in some future release.

updated and everything now ok. Thanks. Brilliant addition.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this nice addition. :slight_smile:

I was already trying to build something like that on my own.
Using it to display a table-like card for temperatures of all rooms and the outside temperature.

As I also want to quickly see the relative humidity in the rooms and the absolute humidtiy everywhere to decide if it’ a good idea to open the windows, this solves my needs perfectly.

1 Like

I am using custom:multiple-entity-row to control my Automations. There are some input_select fields in “primary” and “secondary” sections. Is there any way to set time value without opening “more-info” dialog? Or, suggest which custom card to use for this look

scr1

scr2

I used to be able to just click on the entity for more details but since the last update (of HA) , the entities are no longer clickable. Anyone else noticed this?

After the last update also ran into this issue. Try to uninstall component and install it again. It helped me

They made some changes in the lovelace entities card in HA 0.101 that broke the default click handling in this card (see https://github.com/benct/lovelace-multiple-entity-row/issues/16).

Should be working again if you have the latest version of multiple-entity-row.

There is unfortunately no direct support for input_select fields in this card, so I don’t know of any other option that using the more-info dialog atm.

thanks. I realized that I am at the wrong place. I am using attribute-entity-row.
But maybe I can just use multiple entity row to replace it.

dum question

how did you get the max - min temperatures ??

Does it exist a way to use a custom text color for the primary and secondary values?
Can card-mod integration work with this row-entity card?

These are separate sensor entities from the Netatmo integration. There are probably other ways of manually making min/max sensors based on a temperature sensor though (eg. templates?).

Theres currently no built in support for custom text colors. But yes, you should be able to use card-mod.

1 Like

thanks bro

had a brain fart after posting the question.

I end up doing this

#=======================================================================
#

- platform: min_max
    name: garage temperature max
    type: max
    entity_ids:
      - sensor.garage_temperature
      - sensor.garage_temperature_max
#

- platform: min_max
    name: garage temperature min
    type: min
    entity_ids:
      - sensor.garage_temperature
      - sensor.garage_temperature_min

so happy camper

1 Like

only recently discovered this card, which could possibly fill the gap Lovelace made not supporting custom-ui extra-badges. I relied on heavily…

so, gave this a shot:

- type: custom:multiple-entity-row
    entity: switch.sw_audio_auditorium_template
    secondary_info: last-changed
    primary:
      entity: sensor.audio_auditorium_actueel
      name: Actueel
      unit: Watt
    secondary:
      entity: sensor.audio_auditorium_totaal
      name: Totaal
      unit: kWh

And must say, it is almost perfect…! except for the placing of the text on the card, below the icon in my case:

there’s no clue in the docs I can find, nor in the examples people post here, so please let me ask if anyone here can find the issue in my config.

if I put the entity in an entities card it is displayed ok I think:

only obvious thing I really miss in this card config is the option for a lock on the switches. Wonder if you could add that @benct ? Would be really cool and a full replacement for below custom-ui customization (the icon template is still valid as you can see in the screenshots I posted):

switch.sw_audio_auditorium_template:
  templates:
    icon: >
      if (state === 'on') return 'mdi:music';
      return 'mdi:music-off';
  show_last_changed: true
  confirm_controls_show_lock: true
  extra_badge:
    - entity_id: sensor.audio_auditorium_actueel
    - entity_id: sensor.audio_auditorium_totaal

thanks for having a look!

update

managed to show all my switches with a small decluttering template, and now notice the switches aren’t displayed as switches? only by clicking the entity, and loading the more-info (which is what happens when clicking an entity) do the switch controls show.

How can I display these switches as switches?? I see @olicharch use input_booleans which are displaying the toggle here Lovelace: Multiple entity row. I’d love to get that for my switches…

wait, never mind the too quick question above… missed the toggle: true setting.

this is the decluttering I use now:

card:
  type: custom:multiple-entity-row
  entity: switch.sw_[[entity]]_template
  toggle: true
  secondary_info: last-changed
  primary:
    entity: sensor.[[entity]]_actueel
    name: Actueel
    unit: Watt
  secondary:
    entity: sensor.[[entity]]_totaal
    name: Totaal
    unit: kWh

etc etc
thanks for a nice card, happy new year!

2 Likes

I’m trying to do something with my temperature-humidity-pression sensors, but haven’t found anything looking like I want. Someone have an idea? The picture is an example of what I need. The idea is to have a card with multiple sensors in one row.

2020-01-08 12_46_23-Window

Thanks!

Hi @benct, thanks for this great looking card!
One question for you. I see this screenshot contains intermediate title: Single, Both, …
But I don’t see these titles in your GitHub. Is it still possible to create them? How?
Thanks!

1 Like

@benct, I have got another question.
I use your card with my utility_meter integration. So I have around 30 values of kWh and it works great! They are the state of the sensors which are created automatically by utility_meter.
Is it possible to define the number of decimals which are displayed in the frontend? Basically, can I use round(0) within your component?

The titles have nothing to do with this card, those are just section labels from lovelace entities card. See special row elements documentation for more info :slight_smile:

No, I’m afraid not. I might try to add support for it in the future though. For now you will have to use some sort of templating.

1 Like