Lovelace: Multiple entity row

Multiple Entity Row

Show multiple entity states or attributes on entity rows in Home Assistant’s Lovelace UI.

See the Github page for installation and configuration.

Features

• Show multiple additional entity states on a standard entity row
  • Show attribute value instead of state (from any entity)
  • Any entity or attribute value as secondary_info
  • Show toggle (for switch, light, etc)
  • Hide default entity state to only show additional entities
  • Customize name and unit on additional entity object
  • Customize default entity row as you would any other
  • Custom tap actions on all entities (e.g. service calls)
  • Icons instead of entity states

Example

type: entities
entities:
  - entity: sensor.bedroom_temperature
    type: custom:multiple-entity-row
    entities:
      - sensor.bedroom_min_temp
      - sensor.bedroom_max_temp
      - entity: sensor.bedroom_humidity
        name: humidity
55 Likes

Thanks a lot! I’ll give it a try!

1 Like

This is really GREAT card!!!

Especially for letting show attributes!

Thanks

2 Likes

What is the correct word to use for a third attribute after primary and secondary?

(Disregard, it looks like those are all states)

Well, great implementation!

Do you think is possible to adapt it to a picture against an entity?

I my case I would like to implement a picture entity for my person.name adding attributes like position + battery + whatever without using picture-elements.

It currently only supports two additional entity states or attributes. This is mostly because there is such a limited space for rendering things in between the default entity name and state.

Most likely possible, but my current custom card development experience doesn’t extend past the generic entity rows. I might have a look at other cards some time in the future.

@benct Very very useful for showing attributes! Thank you !
Is there any way that I can set the name using an attribute? ( just one way to show more attributes)

Thank you!

2 Likes

Are you using the card described in this thread? From the image it looks like you are using my other earlier card, attribute-entity-row.

I have just added support for using an attribute as the name on the attribute-entity-row card. Doing the same for multiple-entity-row will involve a bit more work…

1 Like

Oops. You are right. Sorry about that. Thanks a lot.

I am using a name (one of the attributes) as:
name: country

however this does not seem to work. any suggestions?

name_attribute: country

1 Like

Perfect! thank you @benct
I did notice that the icon isn’t an option, but it also does not take my customized icon. any idea?

1 Like

Great additional card. I wondered whether there is any way to include input_* entities? At present it seems not to be possible, and only suitable for sensors, right? Is there any way I can use input* entities, more specifically in my case input_datetime entitities? This type of card would be great to specify intervals for a schedule. Putting start and stop items each at their own row works, but is both not very intuitive and takes up a lot of room.

It is possible in my configuration that looks like this:
temperature and humidity sensors are displayed as badges?
THX.

Excellent addition, but i do notice a small problem. The switch or the states do not update after any changes. Forcing a browser refresh does make the change. Any ideas, has anyone else found the problem?

1 Like

Im running into the same issue as Carl, my switch states are flicking back to off and then not updating:

Imgur

Also would it be possible to integrate other custom cards such as the lock-entity as above?

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been abroad for quite a while.

No, I’m afraid not.

This issue was also reported on github and I released a fix for this last week. Sorry again for it taking such a long time.

Unfortunately, it will not be possible to easily integrate other custom cards just like that. I might be able to add support for a lock-entity mechanism in some future release.

updated and everything now ok. Thanks. Brilliant addition.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this nice addition. :slight_smile:

I was already trying to build something like that on my own.
Using it to display a table-like card for temperatures of all rooms and the outside temperature.

As I also want to quickly see the relative humidity in the rooms and the absolute humidtiy everywhere to decide if it’ a good idea to open the windows, this solves my needs perfectly.

1 Like