Lovelace - refreshes/refocusses page frequently?

Resurrecting this very old thread because I am having the same issue (all framed pages will refresh after a minute or two of no focus) and am getting nowhere. Through this thread and a few other posts I found on Reddit, I have tried the following:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling HACS
  2. Uninstalling Browser-mod
  3. Completely clearing browser cache

I don’t have HAProxy (I don’t think?). I am completely at a loss for what to do, and it is infuriating because if I leave VS Code or Node-RED or Z-Wave JS tab for more than a couple minutes, it reloads and then I lose my work. I cannot figure out how to track this down.

Your not alone. I’m seeing the same thing… Super tough to make file config changes in the interface with it wanting to refresh so quickly. Having to go back to the old file editor direct method.

I just noticed that the refresh looks like it’s reconnecting vs a refresh. like the session was lost and it’s reloading to reconnect vs a refresh…

Are you having the issue on an ios 12 device?

Getting the same thing as well
Im running the HA compannion app on a Ipad mini with ios 12.5.4
I was on 2021.2.2 before the update and had no problem.
After updated to the latest version, the lovelace UI will refresh the page randomly.
It is like a connection lost then reconnect immediately.
can’t find a fix yet

having the same issue on a Ipad mini with ios 12.5.4

I am having this issue as well. I am using the Nginx proxy addon, but from what I can tell, the only timeout available to modify is already set to max-age=31536000, but I don’t believe that one is related. zigbee2mqtt and node-red iframes keep refreshing in the middle of me trying to use them. Running on OS: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) armv7l, on rasp pi.

1 Like

sorry for the late reply, no I’m on a windows Chrome… Happens on any browser… Chrome, Explorer.
I’ve already rebuilt from scratch and same behavior.

Can confirm, i have the same issue on ios 12.5.4… i hope it gets fixed, ipad for wallpanel is almost unusable…

same here. iPad Mini 2s on iOS 12.5.4 continually refresh rendering them unusable as dashboards if I update HA Core to anything above 2021.5.5. would love a fix if possible - rather not have to EOL these iPads…

Well… someone provided me the answer on my GitHub post about the issue. It’s a setting under your set profile.

2 Likes

Has anyone found a fix to this?

Been lazy and finally focused some time on HA this morning. Upgrading from 2021-5.3 to 2021-8.8 has now introduced this random reload on all iPad mini2 on 12.5.4. Hate to roll back that far but this is unusable as I rely on mini’s for home panels throughout house.

Yup. I logged this issue via official channels: Lovelace continually refreshing in HA Companion app on older iOS devices stuck on iOS 12.5.4 · Issue #9803 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

And it seems to be fixed in the latest update 2021.9.0

Updated last night and have been running 4 iPad Mini 2s without any noticeable random refreshes, huzzah!

----- EDIT -----
Looks like they pulled it thats why it wasn’t showing up as available.

THANK you for the update! I see 2021.9.0 is out in github but my HA instance doesn’t prompt that version yet to download, guess thats the next thing to work on! Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 9.27.17 AM

Upgraded using CLI, so far no ipad dasboards reloading! huzzah is right!!

1 Like

Thanks, same here.
Just for clarification, for example like:

backend ha_https
        mode tcp
        option tcplog
        option ssl-hello-chk
        server ha host.example.com:443
        timeout tunnel 1h
1 Like

Sorry to resurrect this thread. I am on HA 2022.09 and I am experiencing this exact problem. None of the remedies seem to work for me. Any idea what to else to try ?
Btw.: I run on docker, didn’t have any problems before…It started today.

I seem to have the same problem.

On Chrome only.

Lovelace refreshes/recfocuses constantly.

I have diabled/removed ALL frontend plugins (HACS, etc).

Have only a minimal set of cards on the screens.

Happens on two separate installs on RPi’s (one local, one remote) which have different devices and integrations.

Cannot seem to solve it or get any debug info.

Sorry, forgot to mention: also Chrome for me…On Edge it works…

I’m in a similar position, Chrome MacOS. Started about a month ago 2022.09
Safari however works fine . . .