Lovelace: Simple thermostat card

Unfortunately not, sorry.

@kurniawan77, I edited the .js card itself by simply removing the line for ?disabled and rebooted HA, works like a charm :slight_smile: It also seems from the code that the developer might wanted the opposite to happen, the non-chosen should be disabled and the active with active colors? Would love to hear his comments in this - perhaps release an updated card.

Does the card only work if the yaml mode is activated for lovelace? Currently I don’t have yaml mode active and get the error “Custom element doesn’t exist: simple-thermostat.”.

I created in my config folder the “www” folder. Then the subfolder “custom-lovelace/simple-thermostat/”. In that folder is the file “simple-thermostat.js” (/config/www/custom-lovelace/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js).

I have also created a file “ui-lovelace.yaml” with

resources:

• url: /local/custom-lovelace/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js?v=1
    type: module

in the “config” folder. But I can’t get it to work.

Great work on the card! I like it sooo much more than the default card.

I have a question though. Is it possible to change the list of modes to a drop-down? And/or maybe move it from the bottom to the left (under sensors) like I’ve seen on many of the screenshots?

Also I would like to change both modes and fan speed but it seems one or another. I still can set it from the detail card when temperature is clicked, but it would be convenient to have it under the modes or something :slight_smile:

I’m using it with SmartIR to control Haier AC with Broadlink RM Pro+.

Hi, can you explay how to fix the black text on button active? Thanks

@Marco_Lupieri , edit the ‘simple-thermostat.js’ file.
Delete the entire line marked in the image.

Also, if you like you can add on/off switch as a slider in upper right corner by editing the same file :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone figure out the issue of me changing temperature, and it reverting back to the same number a second later? I can change it 10 times in a row, and nothing changes - just goes back to the same temperature.

1 Like

Hi,

i have the EUROtronic EUR_SPIRITZ Wall Radiator Thermostat. This thermostat has 6 operation modes and 3 climate. I only switch between the mode “Off”, “Heat Eco” and “Heat”. The climate climate.eurotronic_thermostat_buero_heat_eco and climate.eurotronic_thermostat_buero_heat have different target temperature saved. Is it posible to get both target temperatures/climate in one card, so i can change both target temperatures in one card for two different climate entity? Then I don’t need two cards for one room.

As an example:

thermostat

- type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'
         entities:
           - climate.eurotronic_thermostat_buero_heat
           - climate.eurotronic_thermostat_buero_heat_eco
         name: Thermostat Büro
         decimal: 1
         step_size: 0.5
         modes:
           some_mode: false
           'Manufacturer Specific':
             include: false
           'Full Power':
             include: false
           'Heat Eco':
             name: Eco
             icon: mdi:leaf
           'heat':
             name: Normal
             icon: mdi:fire
           'off':
             name: Aus
             icon: mdi:power
3 Likes

I’ve already opened an issue requesting this feature on the github repo. link

I’m trying to show an icon for

- type: custom:simple-thermostat
            entity: climate.soverom
            step_size: 0.5
            sensors:
              - entity: sensor.xiaomi_hygrometer2_humidity
                icon: mdi:water-percent
            hide:
              temperature: true
              state: true
            icon:
              idle: mdi:radiator-disabled
              heat: mdi:radiator

Look at the sensors icon part, I want this to show instead of the name of the sensor. If I remove name: it shows the sensor name when I use icon: mdi:water-percent

@nervetattoo - I saw the readme showing attributes available for styling the active mode button, but they didn’t seem to be working.

CSS vars for theming
--st-mode-active-background
--st-mode-active-color

I now see that you’ve made the commit on the master, but haven’t released the code since this was done after 0.25.0. Would you be willing to push a release that includes these changes? Thanks!

1 Like

How did you ge the card with rounded corners? Im assuming card-mod but cant find the code.

Do you have a custom theme? Add ha-card-border-radius: '10px' to it.

1 Like

Thanks, yes Im using the the midnight theme.

Hi @mkono87, I see @Greg already gave you the answer :slight_smile:

If you’re using this card within card-modder, here are some nice hints;

style:
      --st-spacing: 7px                            # spacing between top and entities
      --st-font-size-title: 24px                    # font size of title / active mode
      --st-font-size-xl: 80px                       # font size of target temp
      --iron-icon-fill-color: none                  # fill or not within the icons
      --iron-icon-stroke-color: '#fff'              # color of icons
      --primary-text-color: '#5294E2'               # color of text for entities and target temp

Yes, it worked perfectly. Thanks so much for your additional info.

couldn’t get this to work with card-mod :frowning: card-modder is now deprecated.

The only issue im having now is that on mobile is edges are cut off so its cutting off the temp settings.

Thank you very much

Is it possible to match those icons (dehumidifying, no icon at all)?