Lovelace: Swiper card

noti

Figured it out but I am still getting t.set error if I refresh the page, until I open another tab with another swipe-card in it. I wonder if it has something to do with custom stack in card and loading it in a tab without a stack in card it fixes it. And I cant hide the header toggle something is breaking the show_header_toggle: false and the show_empty: false was the key to hide empty slides
Hopefully with the new grid stack card in 118 I won’t have to use the custom card anymore and it will work.

Posting setup in case anyone has same questions

- type: 'custom:swipe-card'
        parameters:
          spaceBetween: 3
          scrollbar:
            hide: true
            draggable: true
            snapOnRelease: true
          effect: fade
          fadeEffect:
            crossFade: true
          slideShadows: false
          autoplay:
            delay: 1500
          speed: 1000
        cards:
          - type: entity-filter
            show_empty: false
            state_filter:
              - 'on'
              - armed_home
              - armed_away
              - cool
              - Clean
              - heat
              - '1'
              - '2'
              - '3'
              - '4'
              - open
            show_header_toggle: false
            entities:
              - entity: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm
                icon: 'mdi:alarm-light'
                name: House Armed
              - entity: cover.linear_nortek_security_control_llc_gd00z_4_garage_door_opener_remote_controller_barrier_state_label
                name: Garage Door
              - entity: input_boolean.mail_flag
                name: Mail Here
              - entity: switch.inovelli_unknown_type_ff00_id_ff07_switch
                name: Hose On
              - entity: input_boolean.trash_out
                name: It's Trash Day!
              - entity: input_boolean.recycle_out
                name: It's Recycling Day!
1 Like

Any update on the “t.setConfig is not a function” error? I was hopeing it would have been fixed with the new grid card but im still getting it. Getting “t.setConfig is not a function” every time its in any nested card.

So it loads 100% of the time if i go into edit mode and move the tab its on either left or right then move it back. This works for about a day then something internal refreshes and I then get the error again, this also causes a annoying issue of triggering the notification that the frontend has changed and needs to refresh.

Love this card and I’m using it to swipe between two picture-elements cards for my groundfloor and first floor floorplan.
On these I have different light entities that I can control by a long-press (which calls the browser_mod service) which shows different controls.
Used this card two combine those two views into one swipe card.
However the long press on an entity on each of the picture elements cards doesn’t respond anymore.
Anyone knows how to fix this?

Hy, thank to your works.
I try it with card type: picture-entity but every picture in swipe card appear in black and white ?
How i can visualizze in color?

thank

Hi
I use custom:mini-media-player in a swipe card and I would like to use the volume slider. Is it possible to disable swipe on a card ?
Thanks

Has anyone figured out a way to make the swiper card switch to a specific card? I would love to have a button or UI element switch to a different card than is currently displayed (ie. card 2 out of the 3). I believe the underlying code used by the card supports it, but have no idea if anyone has figured out how to do it from lovelace.

I don’t think it’s possible, since a button would need a service call to envoke swiper card, which swiper doesn’t have. It would need to be a custom component instead of only a custom card.

But honestly, what’s the point in using swiper card if you want to use buttons or other UI elements. That defeats the whole purpose of swiping the card (it’s in the name).

You are better off using state-switch card in your case. I use that myself as well for some elements. That card allows you to switch to different cards/views and use hash and entities to envoke it. See -> https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-state-switch

Well, I am trying to set up a swiper card that contains three picture-elements cards that represent floors of my house. You are free to swipe between them. The picture element cards have buttons that represent going up or down stairs (among others). When they are clicked I wanted the swiper to switch to the corresponding card.

I have been playing around with this to replace three separate lovelace pages that have buttons with navigation actions. The swipe action seems like a nice way to swap pages. Oh well.

I will take a look at the lovelace-state-switch card you mentioned. That’s yet another card that I wasn’t aware of.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it.

Then state-switch is definitely the way to go. I use that as well to switch between different layouts. It takes some practice and reading the docs, but once you get started it’s pretty straight forward. In your case the hash option would be best.

Make sure you create buttons with tap action that navigate to a hash url and you can switch views with a press of a button :slight_smile: Also you can add transitions if you like an animation.

how can I change the color of the arrows and the dots?

Is it possible to move the arrows higher? they are somehow not in the nicest area.

type: 'custom:swipe-card'
card_width: 100%
start_card: 1
reset_after: 30
parameters:
  effect: coverflow
  grabCursor: true
  centeredSlides: true
  slidesPerView: auto
  coverflowEffect:
    rotate: 50
    stretch: 0
    depth: 100
    modifier: 1
    slideShadows: true
  pagination:
    type: bullets
  navigation: null
  keyboard:
    enabled: true
    onlyInViewport: true
cards:

I have the same.issue

Anyone gotten this to work with the new Apex Chart?

What’s there to not work? I have all kinds of cards inside a swiper card (mini graph, media player, horizontal-stack, weather card, markdown). Unless there is some bug, which you should report, it should work like all other cards.

Dont know what im doing wrong, but when i use custom:mini-graph-card, it works great, but when i try to add the apex card, i just get errors. :confused:

parameters:
  spaceBetween: 8
  scrollbar:
    hide: false
cards:
  - type: 'custom:apexcharts-card'
    cards: null
    entities:
      - sensor.multi_stua_temp
      - sensor.multi_stua_fuktighet

First try the apexchart-card on it’s own. My first guess is that you have apexchart-card not setup correctly (since I use numerous advanced nested cards inside swiper card withou issues).

Can you verify that the card does work outside of swipe-card? If you still get errors, see here for help -> ApexCharts card - A highly customizable graph card - Share your Projects! / Lovelace & Frontend - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

Yeah, it does work on it’s own. :slight_smile:

It’s only when i try to add them beneith swipe-card i get errors.

and if you remove cards:null ? I don’t see that variable on apexchart docs anywhere, so that shouldn’t be there anyway.

Btw, you have the card setup different than how the docs tell you to use it. This is the minimal config:

type: custom:apexcharts-card
series:
  - entity: sensor.temperature

I would first try that inside swipe-card and move from there. Change the entity to one of your own sensors.

So:

parameters:
  scrollbar:
cards:
    series:
      - entity: sensor.multi_stua_fuktighet

If this still doesn’t work, you should create a github ticket. If it does work, then move from there and follow the apexchart-card docs.

Thanks alot, i just learned how to build a a nested card. :smiley: Never really understood it, still learning yaml. But now i understand you have to set it up according to the card config :stuck_out_tongue:

This is my final setup and it’s working. :slight_smile:

parameters:
  scrollbar:
cards:
   series:
      - entity: sensor.multi_stua_temp
        color: '#e74c3c'
        type: line
        name: Gangen
        group_by:
          func: max
          duration: 30min
        extend_to_end: true
1 Like

Great! Once you get the hang of nested cards and work a lot in YAML, it get’s very easy and you see them as blocks you can just nest and build your UI with :smiley: