šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

Hello! Iā€™m in the process of building my UI and Iā€™ve found some trouble (for me) with the thermostat card.
It sends the setpoint immediately when pressing +/- so several commands will be sent, which will cause the commands to not go trhough. In the HA integration there is a delay before the setpoint is sent (numbers become red in the meanwhile). Is this delay something that can be implemented? Can i implement it somehow?

Edit 1:
Another thing Iā€™d like is to, in the lights card, see where the slider is positioned before i release it. I ā€œmustā€ set the value to 20 instead of 21 :wink:
Can this be done?

Edit 2:
Thermostat popup wonā€™t ā€œpop upā€.

Error:
ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'includes') in 'return entity.attributes.preset_mode.includes('none') ? 'none' : 'None''

ā€œNormal HAā€ popup works but not the ā€œfancyā€ oneā€¦ Light popup works.

The thermostat card is pretty buggy. Iā€™ve run into the same when trying to change temps and getting errors. The popup for the thermostat is also broken. Thereā€™s already an open issue for this on the github page. Iā€™ve completely stopped using the UI thermostat card and have been using the stock HA thermostat card for the last several weeks. Works better IMO but you donā€™t get the fancy features. Minutes ago I decided to try the mushroom thermostat card and so for that seems to be working pretty well. Give that one a try instead.

Blockquote
Edit 1:
Another thing Iā€™d like is to, in the lights card, see where the slider is positioned before i release it. I ā€œmustā€ set the value to 20 instead of 21 :wink:
Can this be done?

I feel your pain. Drives me nuts when I canā€™t hit the exact percentage that I want lol. This would probably be a feature request

1 Like

Go to your profile and change the theme

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that the thermostat card worked for my floor heating system which is a z-wave integration but not the the Sensibo I use for the hvacā€¦ Ah wellā€¦
Iā€™m not at the computer now so Iā€™ll just askā€¦ How do I use other cards in than the minimalist UI in my dashboard? Can I link navigation buttons to other dashboards?

Found the trick (elements in question).

- type: markdown
      content: |
        This doesn't work... Why?
      card_mod:
        style: |
          ha-card {
              background: none;
              box-shadow: none;
          }

background and box-shadow are the elements I needed to find. May be useful to others.

i am trying to get this weather popup working but its not working.

my code is following:

- type: "custom:button-card"
    entity: weather.tomorrow_io_daily
    template: "chip_weather_date"
    variables:
      ulm_card_tap_action: "popup"
      ulm_weather: weather.tomorrow_io_daily
      ulm_custom_popup:
        template: "popup_weather_forecast"
        popup_variables:
          ulm_popup_weather_entity: weather.tomorrow_io_daily

I have a Nest thermostat so Iā€™m guessing because its cloud based that may be part of the issue.

Using other cards (non minimalist cards) is super easy. Since Iā€™m not that great with yaml I have a default dashboard in HA. What I will do is, add the card I want to that dashboard. Then click the ā€œshow code editorā€. Copy the code and format it to work with the minimalist dashboard.

Example. Below is the yaml for the stock thermostat card

type: thermostat
entity: climate.nest
name: Nest

If you are using the adaptive minimalist dashboard you will want to format the code above like so

- view_layout:
      grid-area: "card1"
    type: thermostat

Thatā€™s it!

1 Like

Nobody knows?

Hi,

I am relatively new to home assistant and am trying out something with the ui minimalist.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to change the switch assignment for the card media player sonos with controls?

I would like to change the play/pause and switch an input boolean.toggle instead

Many Thanks

What you are seeing is the ā€œmore-infoā€ and not an actual popup. Regardless of how you setup your custom_actions.yaml if popups are not configured correctly it will default to more-info. To get popups working there are several steps that need to be done to accomplish this. If you havenā€™t already I suggested giving this a read.

https://ui-lovelace-minimalist.github.io/UI/setup/adaptive_dash/

Donā€™t know if this is helpful but a while back I post some code when I was having troubles getting the room popups working. It will give you an idea of what all needs to be done.

Hope that helps.

Thank you @billyjoebob999 , Iā€™ll look into this!

Can anyone help me to find the card? Is this an button card? Does anyone have the template?
Cards

i love your dashboard approach and worked on something similar that i rebuild to your layout/grid setup. With the ā€œKlingelunterdrĆ¼ckungā€-button i guess you have a smaller child? Great idea to implement that :clap:

I have several questions about the setup though:

• the trashcan-implementation doesnā€™t seem to work, do you have some more insights?
  • popups doesnā€™t seem to work at all right now. Iā€™ve seen several comments here, maybe you have a solution for your dashboard?

iā€™ll watch your repo, thanks and guten Rutsch! :sparkles:

1 Like

Hi team, trying to use the restriction-card from HACS in a minimalist dashborad. It works and I see the lock symbol, however, it does not protect the switch, I can just press it. Has anyone else used the restriction card with minimalist?
Thanks for your help!

- type: custom:restriction-card
        restrictions:
        confirm:
        pin:
          code: 1234
        card:
          type: entities
          entities:
          - light.eg_tischlampe1

Thank you :partying_face:

Yes, I have a smaller child. The button ā€œKlingelunterdrĆ¼ckungā€ (ring supression) is more to check if everything worked. Normally I have a automation which turns it on, when the babymonitor is on. Additionally to that the bell rings quieter on alexa and the mobile phones. This automation was the idea of my wife. Best reason for some investments to the smarthome :slight_smile:

I updated the files in the repo. The trashcan-implementation got a overhaul, at the moment it is working fine for me. I use a simple calendar where all the pickup dates are saved.
I am not sure, but I also worked on the popups. At the moment they are also working, but not absolutely perfect. But I dont had time to work on it.

Please have a look at the updated files, if there are still questions, feel free to ask.

1 Like

Am i missing an integration, a sensor, or maybe a configuration file for the trashcans? I have a local calendar, synced with google calendar that is working fine with calendar.mullabfuhr but thats the error i get when i call it with your implementation:

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'state') in 'return
((states[entity.entity_id].attributes.message == 'RestmĆ¼lltonne') || (states[entity.entit...'
1 Like

There is one sensor which is showing the days until the next collection.
You didnā€™t posted the whole error message, so it cloud be that this sensor is not present.
I added it to the repo.

For testing you can also comment it out in your config. Search for the part with sensor.abfall_morgen.yaml

1 Like

Integrating standard HASS cards was super simple, thank you, but I have trouble with other custom cards. The ā€œsimple thermostat cardā€ in this case. I donā€™t know how to make the minimalist UI ā€œfind itā€.

Configuration:

- type: custom:simple-thermostat
    entity: climate.hallen
    layout:
      step: row
    control: false
    header:
      name: LuftvƤrmepump
    decimals: 0
    step_size: 1

Error looks like this:

Custom element dosenā€™t exist: simple-thermostat

Do you know how to fix it?

Glad you got the cards working. Not what your issue is with the simple thermostat card. I just installed it and was able the add the card. Iā€™m using the adaptive dashboard and formatted the code like so:

- view_layout:
      grid-area: "nest"
    type: custom:simple-thermostat
    layout:
    header:

Works just fine for me

If you are using the standard minimalist dashboard this code also worked for me:

- type: custom:simple-thermostat
    layout:
    header:

My guesses are you are either missing a custom component or may you need to clear the browser cache???

1 Like

Was probably something cache related. Works nowā€¦ Didnā€™t know that could cause problems. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like