šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

Having an issue setting my color on the welcome_scene card. I am trying to template it. Any suggestions? The template works great in the template dev tool. However, no color is being set at all in the UI.

color: >
  {% if states.alarm_control_panel.dragons_landing.state == "armed_away" -%}
    "green"
  {%- else -%}
    "red"
  {%- endif %}

Figured it outā€¦

color: >
  [[[ return states["alarm_control_panel.dragons_landing"].state == 'armed_away' ?
    'green' : 'red' ]]]

I think the indentation is not correct.
Try this:

- type: "custom:button-card"
   template: "card_welcome_scenes"
   variables:
     ulm_weather: "weather.dom"

weather.dom is the right name of your weather service?

Hi all,

playing currently around with this and im hooked. A things:

I want to use the welcome card but the integrated ā€œweather chipā€ is driving me crazy. As IĀ“m german i would like to have the german format of the date. Means ā€œdd.ā€ ā€œmonthā€ (30. MƤrz) currently it looks like this

grafik

As you can see i already changed the ā€œmonths nameā€ but i have still the english format.

1. Can I change this? If yes, where and how?
  2. Is it possible to switch the current names with the full months names?
  3. If 1. is not possible can i make the ā€œtemperature_chipā€ clickable so that my weather entity information is showing up?
  4. How can I add ā€œpagesā€? Basically when i implement a ā€œlivingroomā€ button how do I get to a whole new page?

Thanks a lot for your help!

check the indentation

Hi, I am trying to understand the welcome scenes card but canā€™t wrap my head around it, are there any better examples I can review? Ideally I want to use this to navigate to other views or to activate scenes.

Also the collapse feature I donā€™t understand the " Enables the collapse function.
requires an input_boolean to track the state", tracking the state of if it is open or closed? Again if someone would be kind enough to show a working example that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m a bit late to the party but I can not get multiple view to work. Is there someone who can help me?

I have a folder called ā€œui_lovelace_minimalistā€ in my /config/ folder, but also in the custom_components folder. In what folder do I actually have to make changes?

In the ā€œui_lovelace_minimalistā€ in my /config/ folder Iā€™ve made a change to my ui-lovelace.yaml file to include the views, this is in the file:

---
button_card_templates: !include_dir_merge_named "../../custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/__ui_minimalist__/ulm_templates/"

title: "Minimalist"
theme: "minimalist-desktop"
background: "var(--background-image)"
views: !include_dir_merge_list ui_lovelace_minimalist/dashboard/

But when I reload Home Assistant nothing is showing and itā€™s asking me to make my first view.

Iā€™m a bit stuck to be honest.

I currently building the Card myself and have several questions too :slight_smile:

But I can assist you with the collapse feature. What I did here was simply build an ā€œautomation helperā€. Just name it the way you want and insert the name in the yaml code

template: "card_welcome_scenes"
#       triggers_update: input_boolean.<Your_boolean>
        entity: input_boolean.welcome_card
        variables:
          ulm_card_welcome_scenes_collapse: input_boolean.welcome_card

This is the helper (welcome card) :

Thanks! I will try this as well I really appreciate it. Hope someone can help with better examples :slight_smile:

translate EN.yaml in the folder of welcome card and rename it to DE.yaml or make a new one

Hi,

1.Due to the fact that most common languages use very different date formatting it is pretty difficult to build an one fits all solution. Thatā€™s why it only supports the English formatting for now.

To fit your needs itā€™s probably best to copy the template and make a custom_card where you change it to the formatting of your language. Note: this can be somewhat advanced and requires a bit of knowledge of the custom:button-card and JavaScript templating. :wink:

1. The date chip is already clickable, to add this to the weather one simply add:
tap_action:
  action: "more-info"

to your card config where you also have specified your entity and variables.

Documentation on new views can be found here Views - Home Assistant and does work as list items.

Just getting into this incredibly fantastic theme, but Iā€™m having some issues with the Room Card. The icons donā€™t seem to change based on state.

template:
                  - card_room
                  - yellow_on
                  - grey_no_state
                name: Master Bedroom
                entity: light.bedroom_lamp_2
                icon: mdi:bed-king
                tap_action:
                  action: navigate
                  navigation_path: "/ui-lovelace-minimalist/room-bedroom"
                variables:
                  label_use_temperature: false
                  label_use_brightness: true
                  entity_1:
                    entity_id: light.bedroom_lamp_2
                    template:
                      - yellow_on
                      - grey_no_state
                    tap_action:
                      action: toggle

Perhaps Iā€™ve misunderstood how this is supposed to work.

I also was curious to know if there was a way to change the light icons to be the colour of the light itself. I need to try this out myself, but I know that button-card has a color: auto option so I was curious to know if anyone has gotten this to work. I also need to figure out how to set up a template for that (and the media players and timers with states other than ā€œonā€ or ā€œoffā€).

First thingā€™s first, however, I need to figure out how to trigger a simple change based on state :grinning:

Edit: Iā€™ve managed to get the card face to change colour, but having no luck with the mini icons.

Great work, can you share this?

thanks.
already shared it on this page!
please just check my posts you will find it!

Thanks a lot. Understand the issue of several formats. IĀ“ll check it out by myself. When I havce time :slight_smile:

When it comes to the ā€œtemperature_chipā€: It worked in the morning withou adding the two lines you mentioned. It stopped working for a reason. I added then those two additional lines but still no success.
This is what it looks like:

- type: 'custom:button-card'
            template: chip_temperature
            tap_action: "more-info"
            variables:
              ulm_chip_temperature_inside: sensor.temperatur_wohnzimmer
              ulm_chip_temperature_outside: sensor.temperatur_aussen
              ulm_chip_temperature_weather: weather.dark_sky

Another thing: We have the power_consumption chip. I try to get this working :slight_smile: I thought about it would be great to have the same for Gas. I thought of simply copying the Power template but I werent succesful. Can you or someone else assist here too?

I tried that, and itā€™s still not working. And yea, itā€™s called weather.dom

And now welcome card is showing me this error

I see.
Check this link Welcome Scenes Card (docs).
I wonder if you should fill the ui card with the other variable ā€˜ulm_card_welcome_scenes_collapse:ā€™ and with the related input_boolean that is used to manage the collapse function.
Mine is workingā€¦

Hi all,

i managed now to get my views visible. Issue is that if I use a navigate chip i get always back to my ā€œdefault-live-dashboard-home-viewā€ instead for designated one.
This is how my folder looks like:

grafik

This is the code

template: chip_navigate
                label: 'Bad'
                variables:
                  ulm_chip_navigate_path: /ui_lovelace_minimalist/02_bad
                  ulm_chip_navigate_icon: mdi:shower            

It doesnt work neither when I write the full path.
The back button works. Following the code for this:

- type: 'custom:button-card'
                template: chip_back
                variables:
                  ulm_chip_back_path: /ui_lovelace_minimalist/01_home    

Any ideas?

Yes! April fools!

check this Is this some sort of weird april fools joke - crooked cards?

1 Like

If your frontend looks weird today Community Post

2 Likes