🪫 Low Battery Notifications & Actions

Figured it out. Thank you.

1 Like

Nice blueprint! I’m testing right now.

Would it be possible to display the information on a Markdown card?

You would probably have to try this through custom actions.

Blacky :smiley:

The update to the integration Spook is detecting an error in your blueprint

Please report this to Spook as this is in the official HA documentation click here and it works.

Let us know how you go.

1 Like

New Update 1.9

Stay Charged, Stay Smart! Customize it your way and let’s automate your battery maintenance! :battery::zap:

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed bug when using Tuya, some other brands etc batteries that report low, some would not be shown. :crossed_fingers: hope I have got them now as I don’t use Tuya and cant test it so if someone can confirm that would be helpful.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

I can’t get Alexa to say the names of the batteries that need replacing.

service: notify.alexa_media_animeking_echo_dot
data:
  title: Low Battery Notification
    {{sensors_names}} all have a low battery level and it is time to replace
    them

@Robert_Shed

I don’t have Alexa but try this. Make sure you have some to report. Maybe also use the easy notify for testing with custom actions.

data:
  message: "{{sensors_names}} all have a low battery level and it is time to replace them"

or

data:
    {{sensors_names}} all have a low battery level and it is time to replace
    them

Let us know how you go and what one worked if any.

Hiya. Have been using this a few days and was working great. I noticed yesterday and today it shows ‘unavailable’ for my 5 smoke detectors (whos batteries I just replaced a few days ago). As you can see when I go thru devices it shows 95 or 100% battery. Unsure why this would come back unavailable. Any suggestions where to start? Thanks

Have a look at the history of those batteries. They may of been unavailable at the time it was checked. HA check it and if they are unavailable then it report it so it would be more than likely they were unavailable. You could also try testing it when looking at the UI. Sometimes these type of sensor don’t report all the time to save battery, you can also get the reporting intervals in the history.

Thanks for the reply. This is what one looks like, shows 100% across the board. One thing Im noticing, and not sure this may be normal, but when i mouse over the graph I only get a handful of interaction points with specific date/time/value, although the graph shows 100% the entire time. For example this 4 day graph has 6 available times I can mouse over the line to get specifics (although in all 6 cases it does show 100%)

I found the logbook and here is what is shows. I do see where it was unavailable on 3 occasions, however none of these were at 8am when I have the automation run.

@Roachforlife

It can be a bit tricky with these types of batteries. The goal is to save battery life. HA is saying it is 100% but it will be unavailable then a quick update to HA then unavailable etc. See when the automation runs it is what it is… it doesn’t think or make a decision it just reports what it sees at the time. The good thing is you can select the option to disregard these batteries or opt to not report unavailable or just keep it like this. You now know your system and can react as required.

Thanks I appreciate the reply. Perhaps I need to look to an automation that, instead of giving me a daily ‘poll’ it can sense when it changes (my guess is smoke detectors dont come ‘online much’, and then shoot an intstant notification at that time. I will look around for that. I suppose if youve done something similar let me know. I mention only because I see you have a wealth of blueprints heh. Thanks!

@Roachforlife

Mose of these types of batteries don’t go flat over night. I would just set up a reminder to check the battery every X amount of time. Once you get to know your smoke detectors then you will be able to fine tune your reminders. If you do it on a state change you could get it at night when you are sleeping. This is why I don’t have state change.

Just started using HA and came across your blueprint. Very nice! I am having trouble sending a notification. I select my device ,but it does not go through for some reason. I can set up a generic automation to send me a notification on an open/close routine, it goes to my phone and ipad. Like I said I am very new to this HA. What could I be missing?

@gjameson

Welcome to the community :+1:

Make sure you have enabled the notification option, see below. You can choose from 2 enabled options and then you can select what you would like to receive.

Hope this helps you.

Thank you. I looked over this blueprint numerous times. This wasn’t there before was it, you made an update right . :slight_smile: Just like looking for something in the pantry and the wife says it’s right here! Ha Ha. Thanks again.

@gjameson

:rofl: :rofl: It happens to the best of us. Thanks for letting us know and I am glad you are up and running.

is there a way to get an “enter” (\n) after each sensor state? Idealy i want a bullet point list.