Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

It worked :slight_smile:

I’ve added the card, and I’m getting this error

TypeError: Failed to fetch dynamically imported module: https://MYHAURL/hacsfiles/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card/mail-and-packages-card-editor.js

The card looks “ok” ,but I cannot save after adding to lovelace

EDIT: I could only find one refrence to this error in the community. It did mention using a proxy server. I am using a proxy server. Maybe that’s it?

EDIT2: I tried using local IP and also tried firefox, etc. Same issue

Not sure if this is it, but it looks like there needs to be a bit of a code update as well.

2020-07-24 14:21:13 ERROR (MainThread) [hacs] Tried to serve up ‘/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/www/community/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card/mail-and-packages-card-editor.js’ but it does not exist

File is now named - Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card-editor.js

Ooookay there we go, that’s super helpful, thanks.

So here we are. Here is my folder structure

and i’m still getting this error, even after a reboot

here is the resource page

and you guys said local = www folder right?

i’m a new account so its only letting me reply 3 times a day lol

So to me it looks like a simple misnamed file. The Card js file is looking for the editor js file, but the file is named wrong. I’ve tried renaming locally, and I’ve tried to update the card.js to point to the correct new file name, but so far no go. I’ve tried clearing cache after both changes, restarting HA, etc. I’m sure it’s just a simple fix, just not sure how to force my changes to take effect.

EDIT: I’m at a loss on how to fix the file naming issue. I even made a custom files outside of HACS. Same as above edited the file, renamed the file. Just cannot figure out how to get it to look for the correct file.

@ptdalen reference to the editor JS has been fixed.

@bobloadmire Your Lovelace reference has the old file name

HACS is fully functional. Not sure how often HACS gets changes from the GitHub repository. I removed and readied the custom repository in HACS to see my readme.md changes.

Fully installed with working card when tested HACS installation method.

1 Like

ok i think I fixed the file name issue, now i’m getting this. This address appears valid on my end.

Thats the filename issue. Notice the editor filename is not correct to what is installed on your system

@bobloadmire, Did you retrieve the updated files from the repository? I don’t know how long they take to get from HACS.

yeah I grabbed them this morning.

See this post 6 minutes ago

1 Like

the update JUST came in, thanks!

Edit: F, just rebooted after updating, same exact error

HACS works best when you do releases. Otherwise it’s looking at your commits and may take some time to get refreshed :slight_smile:

1 Like

are you saying its possible my repo didn’t update and thats why updating didn’t solve my error?

no press F5 to refresh your frontend :wink:

Well still no joy with Amazon and of course the last two days no USPS which never happens. I have a package that arrived today and got an email notice and one that is shipped but nothing. Will try the latest beta to see if that helps. Is anything wrong with my automation?

- alias: "Mail Notif - Mail Delieveries"
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: sensor.mail_usps_mail
      entity_id: sensor.mail_usps_delivering
      entity_id: sensor.mail_fexex_packages
      entity_id: sensor.mail_ups_packages
      entity_id: sensor.mail_amazon_packages
  condition:
    - condition: or
      conditions:
        - condition: template
          value_template: "{{ ((as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states.sensor.mail_usps_mail.last_changed)) < 15 and sensor.mail_usps_mail > 0) }}"
          value_template: "{{ ((as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states.sensor.mail_packages_in_transit.last_changed)) < 15 and sensor.mail_packages_in_transit > 0) }}"
          value_template: "{{ ((as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states.sensor.mail_ups_packages.last_changed)) < 15 and sensor.mail_ups_packages > 0) }}"
          value_template: "{{ ((as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states.sensor.mail_fedex_packages.last_changed)) < 15 and sensor.mail_fedex_packages > 0) }}"
          value_template: "{{ ((as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states.sensor.mail_amazon_packages.last_changed)) < 15 and sensor.mail_amazon_packages > 0) }}"
              #value_template: "{{ (as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states.sensor.mail_usps_delivering.last_changed)) < 15 }}"
  action:
    - service: notify.john_and_barb
      data_template:
        title: "*Today's Mail and Packages*"
    - service: notify.john_and_barb
      data:
        data:
          document:
            file: "/config/www/images/mail_and_packages/mail_today.gif"

reboots and F5s haven’t helped, same error

Sensor name is not correct, would cause the automation not to fire.

Which browser?

chrome/new chrome based edge