Mercedes Me Component

Hi,

the icon is defined here currently.

Let me test this and check if I can remove this in one of the next releases.

BR
Rene

ok thanks.
there are some more values where it would be better to have the device_class defined and not the icon.

feel free to share your details or a pull request on github. Thx

Engine Management Status shows "Problem"

Firstly, thank you all concerned for the design, coding and testing of this excellent integration. Having bought our first ever Mercedes Benz I was initially disappointed when I could not find an integration for it as I had never used custom integrations. I have a few years of experience with HA as I have been using it mainly to monitor a ground source heat pump.

I use the Lovelace GUI to implement a few relevant cards, one of which includes the Engine Management Status. The status switched from “Off” to “On” - hence a problem - at 29th December at 11:55 and has indicated a problem ever since. The car’s display does not show a problem neither does the Android app.

Any ideas on how to reset this?

I have attempted to use Dwain’s Dashboard to implement a more aesthetically pleasing page for the Merc but failed so far. I may just use templates to access the attributes of the entities. I note that some - like the Adblue level - does not get displayed even though a check on the code shows it is in the version I am running. I suspect that is dependent on the specific car model though.

Thanks again for all the work and the collaboration. Although I do not use HA anywhere near the examples I see, I am extremely grateful.

Hi Renè,

I just would like to thank you for this awesome work. It works for me like a charme.

So thank you very much for this. I directly included my new E Coupe I got in the facility in Bremen just before Christmas. That’s AWESOME! :slight_smile:

Can anyone tell me what is the meaning of the following?

“Diagnose
sensor.xyzcensored_car
and
sensor.xyzcensored_car_rcp_features”

I have no idea what that means. Also the github page does not give more infos about that. for the _car sensor numbers are changing all the time, but what they mean… no clue…

Hi,

thanks for the flowers.

Car Sensor: I looked for a way to have some attributes to monitor the Command/Services execution. The sensor shows the number of full updates received (is useless for a normal user). However you see some attributes where you can monitor if a command like Windows_Open was executed correctly

RCP_Features: Here I started the development to support the change of the interior settings of the car like lights, sounds, … - whenever this shows true, then your car and your account are supporting the changes. Now, I just need some time to implement all the RCP=RemoteCommandProtocol functions. The interest in this thread for such functionality was quite low - and my “dev”-version is not good enough to share, but I “like” that the interior lightning gives me indicator of unread emails in my corp account.

hope this helps
BR
Rene

1 Like

That was a super fast reply :slight_smile:

If the DEV version does not break anything and you would like someone else to test it let me know

I really like this project! I was trying to search if it’s possible to send an address over the api but couldn’t find anything. Is it?

Thanks for developing!

Hello

Nice work!

I would have reused your yaml shared code, but I guess you forgot the picture_button template whose you declare in your sample.

Could you enrich your post ?

Thank you in advance

Hi Jan,

please check the thread entry:

BR
Rene

1 Like

Sure thing.

picture_button:
  aspect_ratio: 1/1
  show_state: true
  size: 70%
  styles:
    card:
      - border-radius: 15px
    custom_fields:
      s2:
        - justify-self: start
        - margin-left: 10%
        - padding-bottom: 5%
        - font-size: 10pt
    label:
    name:
      - font-weight: bold
    state:
      - font-size: 10pt

Thanks a lot for this integration. Just discovered it and installation and some dashboard was super easy. Now I finally can activate the aux heating via HA, hooray!

One thing, that was my main reason to even look up potential HA integration for my Mercedes, is about the status of the trunk. The standard Mercedes key likes to open the trunk when it got somehow pressed in my pockets without my knowledge.

I can see a lock sensor (come sback with “2” currently - what does that mean?) and window sensors.

Any idea how to retrieve the status of the trunk to get me alarmed when it’s open? It’s a shame that the original iPhone app can’t do that.

Thanks so much!

I recognize this :slight_smile:

It is an atrribute called decklid i think

2 Likes

Could you share your YAML code for this sensor?

I now found the same list as in your screenshot but can’t get it shown in the dashboard, it tells me that the sensor name is not found.

Thanks a lot!

This is an atribute. Here a template string {{state_attr("sensor.XXX_lock", "decklidstatus")}} Replace XXX with your value

1 Like

i don’t know if somebody else did this already. i created an automation which triggers 30 min in advance of a gcal event and sends the route of the event to the car:

2 Likes

To achieve the next level: include waze travel time and send the route at the right time :slight_smile: just joking

1 Like

Awesome, that’s a fantastic starting point for my planned automation: check the address of the next event in my cal. If that’s more than x km away from my position and I’m at home and it’s less than 10 degrees Celsius, start the car’s aux heat 30 mins before the planned time to leave.

Way to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

i changed the API (to geoapify), i updated the reddit post.

short heads-up: Looks like the MB servers are sending multiple data updates per second currently. started around 8:45pm. A restart of HA helped to get it normal state again. You can see this in the frontend: The status of the mb sensors are flipping between unavailable and the current value.