Mercedes Me Component

Working, thank you so much for updating on your holiday!

This is a fantastic integration and is so useful day to day.

1 Like

@ReneNulschDE Please share your paypal.me link so we can buy you a beer

thanks, @steuerlexi - there is a link on my repo: Sponsor @ReneNulschDE on GitHub Sponsors Ā· GitHub where you can set a monthly or one-time sponsoring.

thank you!

1 Like

Working for me too, thanks so much!

Feature Request

Start-stop charging is now available on API V3.0

Hi @josephdouce ,

thanks for this feature request. the EVS 3.0 API is a B2B-API only, means that a company can buy the access and this is not for private use.

But lets see maybe we find a way to do it with ā€œoldā€ API that the official app is usingā€¦

Hello. Iā€™m receiving the following error: ā€œFailed to call service mbapi2020.download_images. Given VIN/FIN is not managed by any coordinator or excluded in the integration options.ā€

Can someone shed light on what this error means?

Iā€™ve entered the VIN correctly, as it was accepted by the integration during installation. I reinstalled, using v14. My car is an E450 Convertible.

Hi,

I expect a typo or you used lower cases in the fin/vin.

Please copy the fin from an existing sensor in the attributes section.

Could you explain: ā€ž as it was accepted by the integration during installation.ā€œ? There is no option for this. There is only the option to exclude fins/vins.

Tec background: each account/hub has internally an coordinator for the communication with the MB Backend. When you call the service, the fin/vin is used to find the right coordinator. The search is case-sensitive.

When I wrote, ā€œaccepted by the integration,ā€ I wasnā€™t clear. I meant that the VIN was working with the rest of the application - to turn the car on, indicate how much fuel remained, etc. There was no typo, as I copied the fin from an existing sensor. I tried this multiple times with the same result. Is there another way to download the package?

Mmmhhh, let me check the code again. Are you sure that there is no space or other special character behind your fin?

@ all: does any other user has seen the same problem?

Checking ā€¦
Working on my end.

1 Like

@sirfrogman : You wrote that you can turn on your carā€¦ What is your region of usage? US? APAC? so far I have seen positive results out of Europe only. Maybe this is the problemā€¦

worked for me

1 Like

You can start stop from the App so I wonder what command they use?

Guess we could scan the traffic.

Iā€™ll see what I can find out.

I currently just set 50% / 100% but thatā€™s problematic, as I just found I want to stop charging but the current charge is 30% so Iā€™d charge 30-50% when I dont want to.

Also the start/stop command doesnā€™t show when the car is below 50% in the app, and when you lock the car it immediately starts chargingā€¦ Arghhhhhhā€¦ Had to turn off the charger.

Iā€™m using a dumb Tesla portable charger so all control has to be from the car.

I retyped it again and it worked. I must have done this three or four times before posting. Apologies - user error.

1 Like

Hi, first of all I would like to thank @ReneNulschDE :love_you_gesture: of this great integration. Thanks to the last update I found out that there is a possibility to download car images directly from the app, and thanks to that I started to develop my custom card and I want to share it with you.

Itā€™s still in the early stages. for inspiration I started from the official app and in the future I want to have similar data about the car, all data is automatically generated from entities from the integration. If anyone is interested, I will inform you about further updates of the card. :grimacing:

CleanShot 2024-06-02 at 00.13.52

edit: Card has been released on github

If anyone is interested, here is a python script to download car images using API directly from Mercedes api service.

8 Likes

I have published a prerelease v0.15.0-beta.1. This release is more a maintenance release to be in line with the upcoming HA core version 2024.06

Fixes:

• Multiple warnings [homeassistant.util.loop] Detected blocking call... (#228)
  • Service windows_open has no optional pin field (#233)
  • Error lastParkEvent sensor (NoneType check, #230)
  • The authentication tokens are stored in the HA core registry and the tokens are not stored in the file system anymore. (the old mercedes-token-cacheā€¦ files are not updated anymore and can be deleted manually). This could be a breaking change for users with custom scripts. (Next and hopefully last try on the ReAuth issue)

Other Notes:

• The change log of v0.14.0 missed one change: The state_class of the sensor odometer is now total_increasing to better support statistics. (Thanks @thomasdelaet for the PR)

How can I delete the previously stored PIN? If I delete it and save, it remains. If I change it to a blank space, the window open service doesnā€™t ask me for the PIN.

As described in the dialog, enter a 0 (zero) and restart HA after save or reload the hub.

BETA 1 has still a bug in the windows_open serviceā€¦ I fixed it in the master branch and I will publish a beta.2 later today.

Very nice custom card. Iā€™m definitely interested.

Also huge thanks for the link to the python script to get the images. I did get a Mercedes Developer account, found the Vehcle Images API, but couldnā€™t figure out what to to with that.

Now I have many images, unfortunetely, the outside images are still with shadows underneath the carā€¦