Mercedes Me Component

Thanks, I had some time off over the weekend and I improved the card with buttons. There are 4 basic buttons that have a function to display the sub card. Trip data, vehicle status, tyre pressure and eco display. The same as in the offic app. These tabs can be changed to any lovelace tab. I have added for example the vehicle status cards, according to your instruction on picture elements. Practically I wanted to have all information in one clear view. It’s almost done, then I’ll upload the hacs to github for download… :grimacing: :grimacing:
CleanShot 2024-06-03 at 20.26.35

4 Likes

I have published a new version v0.15.0. This release is a maintenance and clean-up release to be in-line with the upcoming HA core version 2024.06. It contains breaking changes. Please read the release notes… Thanks for the cocktails and beers last week :slight_smile:

Breaking Changes:

• Attributes removed from the tirewarninglamp-binary-sensor as we have own sensors since some months: tirepressureRearLeft, tirepressureRearRight, tirepressureFrontRight, tirepressureFrontLeft, (Thanks @Thomas55555 for the PR #238)

New:

Fixes:

• Multiple warnings [homeassistant.util.loop] Detected blocking call... (#228)
  • Service windows_open has no optional pin field (#233)
  • Error lastParkEvent sensor (NoneType check, #230)
  • The authentication tokens are stored in the HA core registry and the tokens are not stored in the file system anymore. (the old mercedes-token-cache… files are not updated anymore and can be deleted manually). This could be a breaking change for users with custom scripts. (Next and hopefully last try on the ReAuth issue)

Other Notes:

• The change log of v0.14.0 missed one change: The state_class of the sensor odometer is now total_increasing to better support statistics. (Thanks @thomasdelaet for the PR #225)
1 Like

Nice work! Will you share the card code?

Sure, I will prepare a simple README and upload it to hacs for download :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hi,
is there a way to ask for the pin if I call the windows_open service after a tap action?

I don’t know a way to achieve exactly this. One idea: Create a input text helper with the type “password” and place it near to the button. Then you can enter the pin and tap after that. Use the value of the input helper as a parameter for the service call.

Keep in mind that the security pin is reseted after 3 false attempts. You will get a new pin via sms.

@Thomas01 I uploaded the card to github, you can test it… :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Thanks, have tried it out. Looks slick.

vehicle card

Some thoughts/questions:

• What is the “2 -2 Bar” supposed to mean in the “Tyre pressure” section? 2.8bar truncated to “2”? Averaged front/rear tyres?
  • Background: Can I choose the picture for the background?
  • Images: Is it spossible to template the images? I was thinking about using different images depending on day/night time.
  • Units seem to have capitalized first letters (km → Km, bar → Bar). At least in scientific/engineering circles, all units (with the exception of the litre->L) are written and abbreviated as small letters (g, m, s), and with capital letter if the unit is based on a given name (V, A, W).
  • Nice that you offer a way to customize the “sub-cards”. Really like that.

Again, thanks, good work.#

Thomas

1 Like
  • What is the “2 -2 Bar” supposed to mean in the “Tyre pressure” section? 2.8bar truncated to “2”? Averaged front/rear tyres?

Oh, it’s the min and max values of the tire pressures… I have the unit in kPa, I’ll be sure to change the correct display for bar.

• Background: Can I choose the picture for the background?

for the background there are 2 black and white images generated, as a background for light and dark mode, there is another layer background-color above the image to match the title and bottom part. I’ll try to figure out how to add this option so it doesn’t affect too much.

• Images: Is it spossible to template the images? I was thinking about using different images depending on day/night time.

I hadn’t thought about that at all, but it sounds interesting. How would you like to configure it?

• Units seem to have capitalized first letters (km → Km, bar → Bar). At least in scientific/engineering circles, all units (with the exception of the litre->L) are written and abbreviated as small letters (g, m, s), and with capital letter if the unit is based on a given name (V, A, W).

I set the sensor name to a capital letter, its affect unit too… :smiley: changed to the original unit of measure. For now u can use card_mod to change the css style.

card_mod:
  style: |
    .data-row {
      text-transform: none !important;
    }

update: I added the ability to swipe between tabs. :sweat_smile:

CleanShot 2024-06-06 at 00.29.30

@Thomas01 ps. can you send me the 2 missing sensors and attributes that are not shown? And how do they appear in the application? Probably they are data for electric cars, I took only according to available sensors from my car and so I don’t have them there, in my app it shows fuel level and range. I’ll try to add them to the card as well.

Thanks, makes sense.

Backgroudn image: Not very high priority, even without the bg image the card looks nice.

Templating images: Haven’t thought about implementation yet, got the idea from @michael.kmoch in his post.
Probabely something like if sun.sun = "..." then /local/light.png else /local/dark.png.

The card_mod didn’t work with my installation. Also swiping doesn’t work (I did install 1.0.0 earlier).

Also also: The order of the cards is different on cycling through from the one presented in the main card: In the main card the order looks like: Trip data, Vehicle status, Eco display and Tyre pressure. On clicking on the Trip data entry and clicking on the right arrow, I do get the following order: Trip data, tyre pressure, Eco display and Vehicle status.

The missing sensors are:

• Overview: sensor.XXX_state_of_charge and sensor.XXX_range_electric
  • From start: sensor.XXX_electric_consumption_start
  • From reset: sensor.XXX_electric_consumption_reset

Thomas

I was wondering if it might be possible to get the tire warning sensor working for a Smart EQ ForFour.

This is the only missing functionality, which had been working with the discontinued GitHub - ReneNulschDE/ha-smart-eq-connect: Smart EQ connect - Custom Integration for Home Assistant.

All other sensors are already available via the MercedesMe integration.

Hi @m0uH , are the tirepressure sensors available? BR Rene

I’ve added a new version to github, the update should appear in hacs, if not just restart HA. I added new sensors for electric vehicles, but I don’t know if they will work, I don’t have a chance to test them…

This is my first public custom card, otherwise I’m just creating for my own needs. I’m not a developer, just a hobby and self-education, so don’t be surprised if something doesn’t work :sweat_smile: :rofl:

for changing background image, u can use card_mod for css styling…

Yaml
type: custom:vehicle-info-card
entity: sensor.6z1_2359_car
show_warning: false
name: Mercedes-AMG E 43 4MATIC
show_name: true
show_map: false
show_images: false
device_tracker: device_tracker.demo_paulus
show_slides: true
show_buttons: true
google_api_key: ''
show_background: true
enable_map_popup: true
  - /local/benz/benz-1.png
  - /local/benz/benz-2.png
  - /local/benz/benz-3.png
  - /local/benz/benz-4.png
  - /local/benz/benz-5.png
card_mod:
  style: |
    .header-background {
      {% if states.light.bed_light.state == 'on' %}
      background-image: url('/local/black-logo.png') !important;
      {% else %}
      background-image: url('/local/white-logo.png') !important;
      {% endif %}
    }

Installed v1.0.1.

Instead of sensor.XXX_max_state_of_charge (Max State of Charge - which sets the maximum battery level the car will charge to), use sensor.XXX_state_of_charge (State of Charge - current battery level).

You did not include the Range (sensor.XXX_range_electric) in the trip data sub-card?
Nice that it now appears in the main view (albeit currently with the wrong SoC sensor. Use sensor.XXX_state_of_charge instead):

In the Car itself as well as in the discontinued SmartEQConnect integration only a single sensor is/was present, turning on in case there is a problem with any tire.
There are no individual pressure sensors for each tire.

Could you download the diagnostic-report on the integration page and send it to [email protected]? Let me check if I find some special options…

Thx for the data. We should check if the attribute tirewarningsrdk is changing when the airpressure of tire is lower then 180… Let me add this as a sensor in the next release.

Possible values:

NO_WARNING = 0
SOFT_WARNING = 1
LOW_PRESSURE = 2
DEFLATION = 3
UNKNOWN = -1

Update:
I have added the sensor “tirewarningsrdk” (Title: “Tires RDK state”) to the const.py in the master branch. Will be part of the next release.

1 Like

Fantastic card - thank you. I’m struggling with executing the script. I’ve customized the file with the api key and VIN. Next, I launched the terminal (on a Mac) and entered pylon3. From there, I’m getting errors. Is there an easier way to obtain the files? Thanks again for your work on the card.

You need a Mercedes Developer account and get Access to the the 360° package within the Vehicle Images product.

I have a Developer account and an API secret for the 360 package. I’m having difficulty with the script. It’s returning errors. I’m not going to ask anyone here to troubleshoot my individual issue. Is there a way to access the images via 360 by browsing or a simple URL or is the only way to do this with the API?