Mercedes Me Component

I’ll admit that I don’t really know what “Engine light” is and its not shown in the ME app? I cannot see this entity listed anywhere in the integration. The only alert that I can see in the ME app is that I’m due a service in the few weeks… Perhaps for some reason this entity is not applicable or not being brought into HA for my vehicle (A200)??

I think I may have found the cause, which may help others… Currently, my ECO engine stop/start is not working so I get a yellow warning light on the dash. This has never worried me, but I think the integration maybe picking this up and causing the issue even though I have no displayed “engine light state” and nothing in the ME App. Would be nice if it was possible to get some indication of this error via the “engine light” entry on the status tab??
Thanks for your replies.

Thanks for a great integration. Lots of hard work went into it and it shows. I have a 2023 EQE. I dont see any sensor information for the trunk or “deck” listed at all. Further, Windows open and close, as well as sunroof actions are nonfunctional. I have all services turned on in my mercedes app. Im wondering if anyone knows if these services are for older cars. If so, that would be surprising. Any thoughts or info would be appreciated. BTW, all other integration portions (charging, door locks, preclimate, location) all work flawlessly. Thanks again! My logs follow.

• Car action: ROOFOPEN failed. error_code: RIS_INACTIVE_SERVICES, error_message: None
  • Car action: WINDOWOPEN failed. error_code: RIS_INACTIVE_SERVICES, error_message: None
  • Car action: ROOFLIFT failed. error_code: RIS_INACTIVE_SERVICES, error_message: None

Hi Philip,

the sensor “Lock” has an attribute “decklidstatus” (true/false) to indicate the status.

Windows/Sunroof: Please check first if you could open this in the official MB-App. RIS_INACTIVE_SERVICES is a MB-Backend Error and could mean that not all services are activated for this car → can be checked in the MB-App too.

It’s not an option in the app. To open or close windows or sunroof. Further, under developer tools in hass under states there is no decklid anything. Where would I look for RIS_INACTIVE_SERVICE?

Activate the car selector/garage and click on digital extras…

Have only a German version on hand right now…

Hi there,
First of all, thanks so much for your incredible work around the mb api with this integration.

I’ve been using it for a while and now I noticed that I don’t have the following information:

• Electric distance for trip data. The entity would be something like sensor.distance_zero_emission_reset but for “start”.

Looking at your readme file it should be an attribute distanceElectricalStart under Range Electric, but I can’t find it.

Am I missing something here?

Thank you once again!

It’s the sensor itself sensor.*_distance_reset sensor.*_distance_start

The official release is out. :tada: Alongside new localization translations, a new feature has been added for uploading images directly to your HA instance. Download it now and enjoy the new improvements! :rocket:

Hi @ReneNulschDE Would it be possible to add a link to this custom card in the component repository? Alternatively, I can make a PR with an updated README that includes the link to the custom card. I believe it could add a lot of value for users who are looking for an enhanced experience and benefit from your work. :pray:

1 Like

I get a warning in the vehicle status button, as you can see I don’t have the sensors for coolant and engine light on the EQB 250

Also can you align the buttons dynamicly based on screen size… the last row is is only a button the Tyre one

Hi, in the latest version 1.1.0 is modified css parameters to adapt to the new dashboard section type. Please try the latest version … Regarding the problem with the notify is displayed even if the entity is unavailable or does not exist so I will try to fix this bug as well, or directly remove the engine light sensor, which contains in the attribute the same warning entities that are also as the sensor itself

Is there a sensor to get the current status for „preconditioning“?

That would allow for a toggle switch to change this between on and off.

That is my configuration for a switch for my EQS (full electric car – gasoline cars may have different sensors):

switch:
- platform: template
  switches:
    eqs_precond:
      friendly_name: Pre-entry Climate Control
      unique_id: ca65f73f-77c5-4969-a5b9-d9228e98f689
      value_template: "{{ state_attr('sensor.XXX_range_electric', 'precondNow') or state_attr('sensor.XXX_range_electric', 'precondActive') }}"
      icon_template: mdi:air-conditioner
      turn_on:
        service: mbapi2020.preheat_start
        target: {}
        data:
          vin: "{{ state_attr('sensor.XXX_car', 'vin') }}"
          type: "0"
      turn_off:
        service: mbapi2020.preheat_stop
        target: {}
        data:
          vin: "{{ state_attr('sensor.XXX_car', 'vin') }}"

@VietNgoc : great work, feel free to open a PR for the readme and info.md

1 Like

Hi @raespanha , could you download the diagnostic report from the mbapi2020 integration page and send it to [email protected]

Perfect! Thanks a lot @Thomas01 . Luckily my car is also an EQS.

Do you have any insights on the difference between the „now“ and „active“ sensor state?

I think one is if you are switching it on via the button in the app, and the other is if it switches on via a pre-defined time.
But @ReneNulschDE may know more.

Thomas

Hi John,
Thank you for your reply.
This sensor only shows the total amount of km (reset or start) and not the kms done in electric mode only (e.g. sensor.*_distance_zero_emission_reset)

Oh ah, I only have a fuel car, perhaps someone with more experience can advise. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve submitted a PR to ngocjohn to add separate UK and US English options on his excellent card:
The “English” text has a mix of American and British terminology and spellings
Tire/Tyre
Program/Programme
Deck lid/Load compartment
Hood/Bonnet
Gas lock/Fuel flap lock
Distance traveled/Distance travelled

I’ve found that a couple of things in the MB app that aren’t working for my car in HA

• window open/close function
  • load compartment open warning
1 Like