Midea_dehumi Custom Component (Midea/Inventor Invmate EVA II PRO WiFi dehumidifier)

I got mine today. Just confirming that Comfee Dehumidifier MDDF-16DEN7 WF works fine.

Hi,

Im trying to implement this change but it´s not working. Impossible to manage two devices. Whan I modify Init.py and humify after restart sensors are not available.

any idea ?

I hvew copied init.py file and humifier file with all the infiormation you posted in the conversation,

Wow thanks so much. I wouldn’t have purchased this if it wasn’t for your great work.

I have a Cube 20 pint model. I added the sensor for the tank full but it doesn’t seem to be working. It shows as false, but I had it set to the lowest level to test. I changed it now to the highest setting to see if that makes a difference… Anyone have this working?

Edit: It does seem that it only triggers in HA when the bucket is set to the highest level (4 in my case). It seems odd since I get the alert on my phone that it is full when set to a lower amount…

midea_tank:
        friendly_name: "midea_tank_full"
        value_template: "{{ states.humidifier.midea_dehumidifier_1234567.attributes.tank_show}}" 

I couldn’t find the lovelave card code so here is what I’m using.

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: humidifier
    entity: humidifier.midea_dehumidifier_1234567
    name: Bsmt Dehumid
  - type: entities
    entities:
      - input_select.dehumidifier_modes
      - input_select.dehumidifier_fan_mode
      - sensor.midea_dehumidifier_1234567_humidity

Hi guys.

Today my EVA II pro Wifi dehumidifier stopped working. When I try to turn it on or off, it yields some errors. Is this happening to somebody else? I’m using @barban 's.

MideaClient::send_api_request: errorCode=1001, errorMessage=“Invalid param wrong format: shadow_control_async response:null”

Getting the same error along with an invalid session error.

• MideaClient::send_api_request: errorCode=3106, errorMessage=“invalidSession”
  • MideaClient::send_api_request: errorCode=1001, errorMessage=“Invalid param wrong format: shadow_control_async response:null”
1 Like

Now it’s working. Probably some issue on the server side

Hi, I had the same issue, now it is working again :slight_smile: . Glad not to be the only one.

What did you find out… anything?

Sorry for the delay.
I ended up getting the smaller 20 pint one and just setup it up in HA this morning.
I used GitHub - nbogojevic/homeassistant-midea-dehumidifier-lan: This Home Assistant custom component adds support for controlling Midea dehumidiferes on local network. through HACS and it’s working great.

2 Likes

Hello, I have 3 of the dehumidifiers with 2 it works without problems but he doesn’t want the 3rd one, the only question is why.

Hello,

The first release of the integration didn’t support dehumidifiers using old protocols (v2 or earlier). The new version v0.4.2 should support v2 (not v1). There is a discussion ongoing here: Protocol v2 support - (Inventor EVA II PRO EP3-WiFi20L supported?) · Issue #10 · nbogojevic/homeassistant-midea-dehumidifier-lan (github.com) and any feedback/logs there would be appreciated.

4 Likes

Excellent work @nbogojevic ! Have been very happy with the integration and how quickly you reply/fix issues.

1 Like

I also replaced the cloud integration with the local one and tested it for a week. Had no issues so far, much more reliable than the cloud integration.
Tested on Comfee MDDF-16DEN7-WF.
Thanks @nbogojevic :+1:

2 Likes

I also moved to the new local integration. Works perfectly, including the sensor for a full water tank.
I’m also using a Comfee Dehumidifier MDDF-16DEN7 WF

1 Like

Hi guys. I recently bought a “Inventor EVA ION PRO WiFi”, after research a bit I discovered that it works with the SmartLife app and using the LocalTuya integration it’s possible to connect it to Home Assitant.

To use this integration it’s just necessary to obtain the LocalSecret of the dehumidifier by this method and after that configurate every field that the device provides.

To make easier this configuration, I have created a sheet with the fields, type, name and also mapping in case you need to translate them. Here it is, hope it is useful.

5 Likes

Hi, thanks for the heads-up.
One question though, how did you manage to add the EVA ION PRO WIFI into the SmartLife App? I could only add it to the Inventor app which is clearly a SmartLife clone

INVmate II (iOS) is the only app I’ve used

That’s very similar to the Inventor Control app I used. It’s a SmartLife clone app however I don’t know how to integrate it via Tuya into HA. And if I use the SmartLife app (where I have other devices already and working in HA too), the dehumidifier is not added/recognized.
On the other hand, if I use the custom component Midea/Inventor, the device is not added since the credentials are not from the Midea app, are from the Inventor Control app.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks

2 Likes

I was finally able to add the EVA ION PRO WIFI to Smart Life and, later on, integrate it into HA via Local Tuya. Thanks to @srborines for the mapping of the device :slight_smile:

1 Like

This local integration works great with my new Midea dehumidifier. And I also like the Midea Humidifier Card. In my honest opinion both should be standard HA integrations and not custom. Hopefully it gets the HA Core team inspired because the standard humidifier integration (which Tuya Cloud uses) is very very basic at the moment. Awesome!

1 Like