Midea_dehumi Custom Component (Midea/Inventor Invmate EVA II PRO WiFi dehumidifier)

What model Midea did you get?

I just setup the local lan connection with a Midea cube dehumidifier. However, when I blocked the device from communicating out on my firewall, HASS cannot access it either. Is the connection truly lan only? Seems it still uses the Midea cloud.

1 Like

I have this one

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Works like a charm.

1 Like

Hello, can you tell me the new format for this in configuration.yaml?
I’ve tried some formats from other sensors that work without success.

Integrate the device into the Nethome Plus app and then install the Midea Air Appliance LAN integration that works and is self-explanatory.
I hope I could help.

I agree with Stefan. This integration is much better and actually maintained GitHub - nbogojevic/homeassistant-midea-air-appliances-lan: This Home Assistant custom component adding support for controlling Midea air conditioners and dehumidifiers on local network.

1 Like

Is there any discussion thread for that one? I can’t find any, only the GitHub repo.

I just want to add that I got a “midea cube” dehumidifier from a local store here in NZ last week and managed to get it working perfectly with nbogojevic’s integration

I wish I’d followed the steps to manually get the device token, I ended up adding my cube dehumidifier using the app, then supplying the creds to the integration so it can pull the tokens and control the device locally. The app is incredibly invasive, it wanted my precise GPS location just to add the device to the app. Unfortunately it was very late at night and I was feeling very lazy - my house’s gps coordinates are now in some (likely poorly guarded) database somewhere.

I wonder if the step described here can be used to discover the tokens?

Does anybody know if there is a way to connect the device, a comfee dehumidifier in my case, to the local wifi without the app and therefore create a mandatory account? Would be great to stay local only, just trying to figure out how to provide the credentials for my iot wifi to the device. Once it is connected I would manually grab the required information.
Thanks!
Btw: The password for the wifi AP is “12345678” :wink:

Use Midea Ail Appliances (Lan) from the HACS Store.

1 Like

Thank you for your input. I was looking for a way to initially connect the device to my wifi network without the app. As I need to provide the SSID and the wifi password so the device can connect to my wifi. As far as I discovered so far there is no webserver/configpage running on the wifi dongle installed in the dehumidifier to provide wifi config information directly.
Once it is connect I can use the tools mentioned in this thread.
The only thing I found so far is to completely replace the dongle with an open esp-dongle. (GitHub - Hypfer/esp8266-midea-dehumidifier: Cloud-free wifi dehumidification)
Maybe there is something obvious I missed, if so I would be happy if you can point me in the right direction.
Or is there an app that can configure the wifi and connect the dehumidifier to my local network without creating an account?

It’s been so long since I’ve done this that I can only advise you to try it.

thanks @srborines for this guidance and the mapping.
after a bit of head scratching, i managed to get most of it working i think.
I couldn’t make ID 104 work - I’m not convinced that the “Inventor EVA ION PRO WiFi” supports this (water level)?

Hello, I’m new in this community, and I started today installing home assistant. I use a blackberry Pi4. Mainly I want to use home assistant to control my dehumidifier Comfee, which I think is the model Midea_dehumi/EVA II pro Wifi. I tried to install the integration, but unfortunately I can’t find the brand Comfee, neither Midea nor EVA.
Can anybody tell me if it is still possible to integrate the dehumidifier from Comfee in home assistant?

Use Midia Air Application (Lan) and follow the instructions.
Install the HACS integration.
This works best if you integrate the devices into the NetHomePlus app beforehand.

Hi everyone, my Comfee MDDF-16DEN7-WF dehumidifier worked perfectly until the latest update now I recive the following Error Log:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:403
First occurred: 11:07:02 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:07:02

• Unable to prepare setup for platform ‘midea_dehumidifier.sensor’: Platform not found (Exception importing custom_components.midea_dehumidifier.sensor).
  • Unable to prepare setup for platform ‘midea_dehumidifier.humidifier’: Platform not found (Exception importing custom_components.midea_dehumidifier.humidifier).
1 Like

Hi to all,
I have a Invertor Corona Plus acc kai use Inventor Control app.
Any help to see from python?
I try the midea_inventor_lib, login ok but see any devices.

thanks

thanks @srborines for the table, I can get most things working except the ‘select’ types

what format in the GUI do I need for the select values…i have tried -

low;middle;high on one line
each word on a new line…

but I cannot get it to work as a selectable option once everything is configured :frowning:

thanks Neil

I installed the update succesfully, but do not seem able to get the tank status back.
I use the Tank_full staus in an automation but since update it is gone…

any ideas?