Miele@home, miele@mobile component

I will try to look into why that is this week, but it should work normally.

1 Like

Just solved the issue, add this to HACS : https://github.com/HomeAssistant-Mods/home-assistant-miele

I just added an empty file which solves the error in the log. The error comes from the fact that the integration is adding service dynamically. But these are not needed in services.yaml for now and it would also be hard since they are dynamic ;-)!

I tried installing HA as a direct image, (vhdx), but I don’t understand how i do this part : "The requests_oauthlib library as part of your HA installation. Please install via pip3 install requests_oauthlib" the virtual machine only has the HA-cli available?

please read the description of the repo : https://github.com/HomeAssistant-Mods/home-assistant-miele

I have, the question is about something that is in the installation instructions of the repo. (under the “prerequisite”-part.)

You could try to use this to get more access : Home Assistant Community Add-on: SSH & Web Terminal , let me know if it works ;-)!

Receiving this error. Component suddenly stopped working.
Anyone knows what to do?
using hassio 0.107.7

2020-04-26 23:30:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component miele
File “/config/custom_components/miele/init.py”, line 112, in async_setup
File “/config/custom_components/miele/miele_at_home.py”, line 103, in init
File “/config/custom_components/miele/miele_at_home.py”, line 128, in refresh_token

@kloknibor
First of all thank you once again for taking up this project.

i am getting this error after updating to 109.

2020-04-30 11:54:45 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.async_] Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for miele doing I/O at custom_components/miele/miele_at_home.py, line 128: refresh_token=self._token['refresh_token'])
2020-04-30 11:54:45 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.async_] Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for miele doing I/O at custom_components/miele/miele_at_home.py, line 21: devices = self._session._session.get(MieleClient.DEVICES_URL, params={'language':lang})

I just read thru the release log and noticed this, so just to let you know.

Detection of blocking I/O in the event loop

This is a bit technical, but some things happening in Home Assistant, like fetching data from an API or website, can lock up Home Assistant for a small moment, if not done correctly. Until now, this has been hard to detect.

This release adds logic in the core of Home Assistant that is able to detect if an integration does one of those blocking calls and writes a messages to the logs.

io.png751×226
Screenshot of an example log entry.

If you see such a message in your logs, please report the issue on our GitHub 4 so we can fix those cases. If a custom component causes the log, it should be reported with the author of that custom integration.

By addressing these issues, we are able to greatly improve the performance, responsiveness and stability of Home Assistant.

Hi, I get the following warning:

Log Details (WARNING)

Logger: homeassistant.util.async_
Source: util/async_.py:120
First occurred: 3:23:51 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:23:52 PM

• Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for miele doing I/O at custom_components/miele/miele_at_home.py, line 128: refresh_token=self._token[‘refresh_token’])
  • Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for miele doing I/O at custom_components/miele/miele_at_home.py, line 21: devices = self._session._session.get(MieleClient.DEVICES_URL, params={‘language’:lang})

any help to get rid of this warning would be welcome!

Same error here in home assistant 0.109.2. Miele component isn’t working yet.

Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for miele doing I/O at custom_components/miele/miele_at_home.py, line 128: refresh_token=self._token['refresh_token'])

And also:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 171, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config
  File "/config/custom_components/miele/__init__.py", line 112, in async_setup
    cache_path=cache)
  File "/config/custom_components/miele/miele_at_home.py", line 103, in __init__
    self.refresh_token()
  File "/config/custom_components/miele/miele_at_home.py", line 128, in refresh_token
    refresh_token=self._token['refresh_token'])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests_oauthlib/oauth2_session.py", line 446, in refresh_token
    self.token = self._client.parse_request_body_response(r.text, scope=self.scope)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/oauthlib/oauth2/rfc6749/clients/base.py", line 421, in parse_request_body_response
    self.token = parse_token_response(body, scope=scope)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/oauthlib/oauth2/rfc6749/parameters.py", line 431, in parse_token_response
    validate_token_parameters(params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/oauthlib/oauth2/rfc6749/parameters.py", line 441, in validate_token_parameters
    raise MissingTokenError(description="Missing access token parameter.")
oauthlib.oauth2.rfc6749.errors.MissingTokenError: (missing_token) Missing access token parameter.

Hi, I am getting the following messages after updating Hass.io to .0110.1

Log Details (WARNING)

Logger: homeassistant.components.binary_sensor
Source: components/binary_sensor/init.py:174
Integration: Binary Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:45:52 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:45:52

BinarySensorDevice is deprecated, modify MieleBinarySensor to extend BinarySensorEntity

Log Details (WARNING)

Logger: homeassistant.components.light
Source: components/light/init.py:451
Integration: Light (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:45:52 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:45:52

Light is deprecated, modify MieleLight to extend LightEntity

Can someone help getting rid of these messages?

… and here is another warning that came up when restarting HA

Log Details (WARNING)

Logger: homeassistant.util.async_
Source: util/async_.py:120
First occurred: 13:37:15 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:37:15

• Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for miele doing I/O at custom_components/miele/miele_at_home.py, line 128: refresh_token=self._token[‘refresh_token’])
  • Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for miele doing I/O at custom_components/miele/miele_at_home.py, line 21: devices = self._session._session.get(MieleClient.DEVICES_URL, params={‘language’:lang})

So does it work with the latest HA with just some warnings or isn’t it working at all? Also is someone already working on fixing them?

Hi, at least I haven’t found a solution to get it working after the update. But that doesn’t mean anything :wink:

Is there a way to avoid the errors or are you using an alternative now?

Thank you in advance

Everything seems to be working but the warning messages keep coming upend are quiet annoying.

hey guys, just pushed a fix for the I/O error problem here : https://github.com/HomeAssistant-Mods/home-assistant-miele

It seems to be working fine on my end. There are still some more errors, I’ll take a look later

EDIT: Seems like I only fixed 1 out of 2… Sorry… Will check this later

1 Like

All error messages should be fixed including both I/O errors. Let me know if there are any problems left. Update from HACS from this source : https://github.com/HomeAssistant-Mods/home-assistant-miele

1 Like

good morning, thanks for fixing most messages, I still got one just now:

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: custom_components/miele/init.py:124
First occurred: 9:00:19 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:00:19

Error during setup of component miele
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 171, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config
File “/config/custom_components/miele/init.py”, line 124, in async_setup
client = MieleClient(hass.data[DOMAIN][DATA_OAUTH])
TypeError: init() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘session’

Same error here.
I deleted the token and authorized again but the error remaibd.

Same here (repeated authorization):

__init__() missing 1 required positional argument: 'session'
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 130, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg),
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1253, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1288, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/configurator/__init__.py", line 235, in async_handle_service_call
    await self.hass.async_add_job(callback, call.data.get(ATTR_FIELDS, {}))
  File "/config/custom_components/miele/__init__.py", line 75, in miele_configuration_callback
    await async_setup(hass, config)
  File "/config/custom_components/miele/__init__.py", line 124, in async_setup
    client = MieleClient(hass.data[DOMAIN][DATA_OAUTH])
TypeError: __init__() missing 1 required positional argument: 'session'