Mirabella Genio Smart Home

What effects does the standard firmware have?

Ok, so there is definitely something technical going on here. Its not just a case of PWM signals. The string can have a multitude of colours on at the same time.

1 Like

Ok, still mixed topics here. :slight_smile: @BennyB44 was referring to a white downlight.
Do you have a string you can open up and see how itā€™s wired? Are the colors always in the same place or can an individual light have multiple colors?

The motion sensor will now work with Tasmota using the new TuyaMCU options - see: https://templates.blakadder.com/mirabella_genio_I002576.html
and: https://tasmota.github.io/docs/#/TuyaMCU

Sorry, I was referring to the string of posts we had a while back regarding the christmas lights that started way back here.

The LEDā€™s run on a 2 wire system (literally only 2 wires coming out of the controller, pics in previous posts about these) and yes an individual LED can be any colour.

@marc315 & @aogorman - have just finished setting up the motion sensor in Hassio, using Tuya-convert to flash then following the template and TuyaMCU commands in the link above.

Ignore the rule they use for the sensor topic, the built in topics suffice using a template:

- platform: mqtt
    name: "Garage PIR"
    state_topic: "GaragePIR/tele/RESULT"
    value_template: "{{ value_json.TuyaReceived.CmndData | truncate(9, false, '') }}"
    payload_on: "650100010"
    off_delay: 3
    device_class: motion

Did you open it up to see what kind of circuit itā€™s using? Do you have an oscilloscope to check the signals from the ESP?

Itā€™s all in the previous posts above. I havenā€™t personally opened one up and unfortunately donā€™t yet have an oscilloscope (one has been ordered but will take a while). There is a link in this post which we thought is how they work however my findings regarding the LEDā€™s being able to do multiple colours along the string at the same time would suggest (at least in my head) that this isnā€™t how these workā€¦

Right, Iā€™ve read the other posts. You clearly have a different string than the other ones that were discussed here. Thatā€™s why I was hoping you had looked inside yours.

Its the same string, just a single length rather than being made into a Christmas tree shape. Its the same brand etc and still only has 2 wires. From what I can tell all the models are the same other than the ā€œshapeā€ they unold to.

Iā€™ll crack one open this weekend

Iā€™m referring to the other guy who had a 2 wire light string. His was definitely just 2 colors and controlled by an h-bridge.

nope, those are the same brand etc with exactly the same effects (when using the stock firmware) simply a different string shape, however as he was running Tasmota he lost those effects so results were much different.

Iā€™ll get mine opened up and post photos

There have been several people here. lindsayward might have the same lights as you, but I was referring to HasQT who I gave some code to that worked a bit, but was limited by the software PWM.

Thanks to those trying to get these devices going in Tasmota/ESPHome. It looks like I have the same string as @sparkydave - 150 multi-coloured bulbs with effects. Nice, but Iā€™d like to get off the cloud with them without losing functionalityā€¦ as with all of us.

@mr.sneezy - you mention the diffuser. I have one of these KMart Mirabella Smart Diffuser ones.
EDIT: Donā€™t need to ask how to get it to work. I just found the template has been added! #winning!
:grinning:
EDIT2: I edited to replace my question with a link to the template but didnā€™t save before @zoogara replied :slight_smile:

Local control of the diffuser is available using Tasmota:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply about the diffuser. Iā€™ve got it to work in Tasmota now :+1: . It works but doesnā€™t include the local buttons & lights.
I canā€™t see from the GitHub historyā€¦ Do we know who contributed this template?

Great Job! Iā€™ve had one of these PIR sensors in the drawer for a couple of months now, having given up on it as a lost cause when it seemed that there was no way of making it work with Tasmota. Anyways, Iā€™ve managed to implement the updated device template, and I guess from what I am seeing that itā€™s functioning correctly. Yay! Now iā€™m stuck. Iā€™ve entered the Sensor information as per your post, and I am getting the following feedback when I check the Config fileā€¦

Configuration invalid

Invalid config for [sensor.mqtt]: [payload_on] is an invalid option for [sensor.mqtt]. Check: sensor.mqtt->payload_on. (See ?, line ?).

I canā€™t really tell where I went wrong (did I miss any precursor steps?, etc). I believe that I followed the details of both the template and the config.yaml info to the letter, and as this is my first implementation of this kind of device Iā€™m sorta flying blindā€¦ so any and all advice would be appreciated.

Post your config making sure you tag it for formatting. Maybe itā€™s just a typo.

Iā€™m having issues with the tamper sensor in these causing false triggers, itā€™s vibration based and the metal wall I have it on must vibrate in the strong winds we are having at the moment, itā€™s been going off all day.

Thanks for the quick reply!

This is the current config.yaml file. Iā€™ve just rebuilt Hass.IO on a VM, so there isnā€™t much in there to complicate thingsā€¦

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Uncomment this if you are using SSL/TLS, running in Docker container, etc.
# http:
#   base_url: example.duckdns.org:8123

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

discovery:

device_tracker:
  - platform: synology_srm
    host: 129.129.129.1
    password: !secret dsm_password

sensor:
    name: "PIR Sensor"
    state_topic: "pir_sensor_1/tele/RESULT"
    value_template: "{{ value_json.TuyaReceived.CmndData | truncate(9, false, '') }}"

It was a clean copy and paste of the content in your previous post, but there is EVERY chance in the world that Iā€™ve buggered something else up! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah - I see the issue. It should be a binary sensor - sensor implies an analogue or other value, binary_sensor is for things like light switches, reed sensors and motion sensors. Anything thatā€™s either on or off.

Should read:

binary_sensor:
    name: "PIR Sensor"
    state_topic: "pir_sensor_1/tele/RESULT"

Let me know if you start getting false readings. The original article was a bit vague about the returned values so I might have to capture some logs off the device if mine continues to play up.