Mirabella Genio Smart Home

That’s awesome! I’ve been meaning to post a video of these LED’s in action because previous explanations of how they work didn’t seem correct and I was hoping it might help someone crack the secret. Did you figure out a way to do the standard firmware effects?

Thanks to Ssieb in Discord writing an new custom component for me, we have been able to get full operation of the light. Full brightness and Colour Temp changing.

What effects does the standard firmware have?

Ok, so there is definitely something technical going on here. Its not just a case of PWM signals. The string can have a multitude of colours on at the same time.

1 Like

Ok, still mixed topics here. :slight_smile: @BennyB44 was referring to a white downlight.
Do you have a string you can open up and see how it’s wired? Are the colors always in the same place or can an individual light have multiple colors?

The motion sensor will now work with Tasmota using the new TuyaMCU options - see: https://templates.blakadder.com/mirabella_genio_I002576.html
and: https://tasmota.github.io/docs/#/TuyaMCU

Sorry, I was referring to the string of posts we had a while back regarding the christmas lights that started way back here.

The LED’s run on a 2 wire system (literally only 2 wires coming out of the controller, pics in previous posts about these) and yes an individual LED can be any colour.

@marc315 & @aogorman - have just finished setting up the motion sensor in Hassio, using Tuya-convert to flash then following the template and TuyaMCU commands in the link above.

Ignore the rule they use for the sensor topic, the built in topics suffice using a template:

- platform: mqtt
    name: "Garage PIR"
    state_topic: "GaragePIR/tele/RESULT"
    value_template: "{{ value_json.TuyaReceived.CmndData | truncate(9, false, '') }}"
    payload_on: "650100010"
    off_delay: 3
    device_class: motion

Did you open it up to see what kind of circuit it’s using? Do you have an oscilloscope to check the signals from the ESP?

It’s all in the previous posts above. I haven’t personally opened one up and unfortunately don’t yet have an oscilloscope (one has been ordered but will take a while). There is a link in this post which we thought is how they work however my findings regarding the LED’s being able to do multiple colours along the string at the same time would suggest (at least in my head) that this isn’t how these work…

Right, I’ve read the other posts. You clearly have a different string than the other ones that were discussed here. That’s why I was hoping you had looked inside yours.

Its the same string, just a single length rather than being made into a Christmas tree shape. Its the same brand etc and still only has 2 wires. From what I can tell all the models are the same other than the “shape” they unold to.

I’ll crack one open this weekend

I’m referring to the other guy who had a 2 wire light string. His was definitely just 2 colors and controlled by an h-bridge.

nope, those are the same brand etc with exactly the same effects (when using the stock firmware) simply a different string shape, however as he was running Tasmota he lost those effects so results were much different.

I’ll get mine opened up and post photos

There have been several people here. lindsayward might have the same lights as you, but I was referring to HasQT who I gave some code to that worked a bit, but was limited by the software PWM.

Thanks to those trying to get these devices going in Tasmota/ESPHome. It looks like I have the same string as @sparkydave - 150 multi-coloured bulbs with effects. Nice, but I’d like to get off the cloud with them without losing functionality… as with all of us.

@mr.sneezy - you mention the diffuser. I have one of these KMart Mirabella Smart Diffuser ones.
EDIT: Don’t need to ask how to get it to work. I just found the template has been added! #winning!
:grinning:
EDIT2: I edited to replace my question with a link to the template but didn’t save before @zoogara replied :slight_smile:

Local control of the diffuser is available using Tasmota:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply about the diffuser. I’ve got it to work in Tasmota now :+1: . It works but doesn’t include the local buttons & lights.
I can’t see from the GitHub history… Do we know who contributed this template?

Great Job! I’ve had one of these PIR sensors in the drawer for a couple of months now, having given up on it as a lost cause when it seemed that there was no way of making it work with Tasmota. Anyways, I’ve managed to implement the updated device template, and I guess from what I am seeing that it’s functioning correctly. Yay! Now i’m stuck. I’ve entered the Sensor information as per your post, and I am getting the following feedback when I check the Config file…

Configuration invalid

Invalid config for [sensor.mqtt]: [payload_on] is an invalid option for [sensor.mqtt]. Check: sensor.mqtt->payload_on. (See ?, line ?).

I can’t really tell where I went wrong (did I miss any precursor steps?, etc). I believe that I followed the details of both the template and the config.yaml info to the letter, and as this is my first implementation of this kind of device I’m sorta flying blind… so any and all advice would be appreciated.

Post your config making sure you tag it for formatting. Maybe it’s just a typo.

I’m having issues with the tamper sensor in these causing false triggers, it’s vibration based and the metal wall I have it on must vibrate in the strong winds we are having at the moment, it’s been going off all day.