Mirabella Genio Smart Home

Hi all! First time poster here, thank you for all the information from you all so far!

I have just flashed one of the genio motion sensors OTA with tasmota. Very easy process, however, I too had to use a power source rather than batteries or else it would fail. I then used the template, ran the console commands plus a few random ones on various forums and then added a binary sensor to my config.yaml. The sensor itself works on batteries but none of the other entities that sensor creates does.

So far I have the sensor showing up as a normal motion icon within HA, motion is being reported (on batteries). I want to use the sensor with automations but it doesnt show up as a binary motion sensor when selecting ā€œUse motion to turn on lightsā€ etc. I have tried a manual state but donā€™t know what to input in the to/from etc. Does anyone know how to get the sensor to show up with the hue sensors when selecting an automation etc??

Thanks!

I purchased the warm white I002604 and canā€™t get it to flash tasmota via Tuya convert. When putting it under pairing mode (blinking fast) and setting my phone as a donor, I can see it stops blinking once I hit enter on the tuya convert but then it doesnā€™t go any further.

Gā€™Day all, new to HA+ESPHome.
Iā€™ve picked up a Genio RGBW 1002339 and successfully flashed ESPHome using the cookbook.
It appears in HA but the bulb is unresponsive to any colour changes. Twice, at random, Iā€™ve manged to get it full bright white, no idea how or why.
After a power cycle the bulb still does not turn on despite the setting ā€œRESTORE_DEFAULT_ONā€

EDIT: Iā€™ve just tried Tasmota firmware and this template https://templates.blakadder.com/mirabella_genio_1002338.html
The only time it turns on - warm white light - is with the sliders in this position. Any other setting has zero output. Canā€™t change brightness either.
tasmota_ww

esphome:
  name: genio_rgbw_1
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi:
  ssid: 'xx'
  password: 'xx'

logger:

api:

ota:

web_server:
  port: 80

output:
  - platform: esp8266_pwm
    id: output_red
    pin: GPIO4
    id: output_green
    pin: GPIO12
    id: output_blue
    pin: GPIO14
    id: output_white
    pin: GPIO5

light:
  - platform: rgbw
    name: "genio_rgbw_1"
    red: output_red
    green: output_green
    blue: output_blue
    white: output_white

# Ensure the light turns on by default if the physical switch is actuated.
    restore_mode: RESTORE_DEFAULT_ON 

Thanks

You beauty!
Genio RGBW B22 1002339 (plastic clam-shell packaging)
This seems to get it going:
{ā€œNAMEā€:ā€œMI-BW906-999Wā€,ā€œGPIOā€:[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,181,0,180,0,0],ā€œFLAGā€:0,ā€œBASEā€:18}
setoption37 31

EDIT:Yet somehow I missed the template page which would have saved me all of the headacheā€¦

Iā€™m new here (I set up my HA instance only a week or so ago) but I did manage to get the new Mirabella RGBW globes with the sm2135 chip working with ESPhome. I could have chosen a slightly easier device for my first attempt at flashing ESPhome, but anyway, got there eventually.

I used the sm2135 custom component linked above but replaced the sm2135.cpp file with this one:

https://github.com/CaptainLeezee/HA_BitsPieces/blob/dd34093374f0453346f5aae92206d772f7a9db1e/sm2135/sm2135.cpp

Then used this yaml file:

https://github.com/CaptainLeezee/HA_BitsPieces/blob/dd34093374f0453346f5aae92206d772f7a9db1e/ESPHome/config/mirabellaGenioRGBW_V2.yaml

Itā€™s not perfect but the altered driver fixes some weird behaviour with the ww/cw settings. Itā€™s definitely useable and I think the main issues are ww/cw balance (seems to be more like a switch now) and the saturation slider in lovelace didnā€™t work (but you can still desaturate colours using the colour wheel).

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I resetup my HomeAssistant FROM SCRATCH

I am now stuck, with a Genio Mirabella light section but I canā€™t change colour, just brightness?
Itā€™s like the colour spectrum adjustment control UI element is missing / broken?

This is the new, crappy UI

This is my old one.

What have I done wrong?

Settings > Customize > Find respective entity > Set ā€œsupported_featuresā€ to 63

I hate to sound stupid - but Iā€™m not seeing that option in my UI - I have the stock interface?

From the menu:

Tap on your name at the bottom of the menu items.
Then scroll down and turn on advanced mode.

I have advanced mode enabled and Iā€™ll be damned if I can find settings / customise in the UI

Does anyone have a screenshot, please? Sorry.

Guys thanks for indulging me - finally. So sorry - I didnā€™t know that option was hidden down there!
Iā€™m up and running!

Sorry, thank you!

Can I ask, if youā€™re free.
Iā€™d like to do a fade in from particularly dark to bright over the course of at least 15 minutes.
Iā€™ve configured it to turn on in the morning at 12% brightness, via automation (11% or less, it wonā€™t turn on?!!?!?)
Then 2 minutes later, it goes up 5% and so on - a lot of automations.
Is this the best method?

and has anyone figured out how to change colour in an automation?

Very kind of yā€™all

Just use a transition in your light.turn_on service

Send the colour data to the light in the light.turn_on service. See further down the page on my link above.

Iā€™m not too smart.
Is there a way to create an automation, using the user interface (not command line / yaml hand editing) which can not only define brightness AND colour shade?

I get prompted actions for the globe.
turn_off
turn_on
toggle
brightness_increase
brightness_decrease
flash

But not colour range or RGB definition or anything - can that be done in UI?

Donā€™t use ā€˜Deviceā€™ as the Action Type. Use ā€˜Call Serviceā€™ instead and then add in the data

Capture

If you go to Developer Tools and then Service, you can test it out. Make the Service ā€˜light.turn_onā€™ and then click Fill Example Data (make sure the correct light is selected) and play with that. Then you can copy and paste the data into your automation.

Did you get these working? (The Mirabella Genio 150 Led Fairy Lights)

I have them flased with Tasmota but no options seem to work.

I was referencing this site https://www.madebymikal.com/hacking-on-arlec-christmas-lights-with-tasmota/

But those settings have no effect. Not even On or Off.

Cheers,

Hi Riccardo. No, I never tried. I didnā€™t want to lose the effects, so happy enough to wait until someone else tries it :slight_smile:
The site youā€™re referring to is for Arlec lights, it seems.
Maybe try one of the Mirabella templates? At a guess, something like: https://templates.blakadder.com/mirabella_genio_I002800.html perhaps.

Thanks @lindsayward

The closest I got was from

Itā€™s weird, but the leds never respond to any command, yet the physical button turns the power on/off in Tasmota.

So something is sort of working.

Having to give up now. I think Iā€™ve tried it all!

Hi @HasQT

Trying your config with the same lights, but the LEDs donā€™t response to any command.

Weirdly, the physical button triggers the On/Off in Tasmota (but no LED change - they are stuck on).

Tried Tasmota 7.2 and the latest, 8.5. But no change to behviour.

Feel like Iā€™m missing something obvious.

@safepay Scheme 4 was the only thing of any value. Not sure what commands you are trying?

I didnā€™t end up doing much with these other than setting up a schedule and leaving them on flashy flash. The sliders had to be at like 30% and 70% or something.

Edit
I was always pretty sure if was one of these h-bridge circuits, but never found a way to control it
http://modularcircuits.tantosonline.com/blog/articles/h-bridge-secrets/h-bridges-the-basics/