Mirabella Genio Smart Home

Thanks @HasQT,

I tried Scheme 4. It’s just weird that nothing affects the lights.

For example, pressing the button on the power supply turns the green switch led on. This is clearly from Scheme 4. But the Led’s are unaffected.

Maybe it needs a hard reset or something but I’m not sure what to do about it.

@safepay Scheme 4 is the random setting for lights in tasmota. It should actually be unrelated to the power supply led. You have it set up in tasmota like this right?
gpio4 ledlink, gpio5 is the button, gpio12 is pwm2, gpio13 is dummy pwm3, gpio14 is pwm1

Yes. Getting my terminology wrong. Thats how its set.

I think the hardware has failed. Everything in Tasmota looks good.

Its more likely the tasmota version . I took mine upto 8.4 and it didnt work in the same way as it was on 7.1 . However I took it back down to 7.2 minimal and then tried to upload 7.1 and it lost connection totally. There is probably a warning about 7.2 being the lowest I ignored though.

I tried 7.2 and 8.4.

Maybe I’ll give 7.1 a go (and ignore the warnings!)

Best of luck. To anyone else reading along I’d suggest just leaving these I002729 Christmas lights stock and not flashing them. I don’t think they will become usable flashed in the future.

Better off with addressable LEDs if that’s what you want.

Did anyone get a picture of the circuit board to see how it’s wired? That link doesn’t provide any information on how to buy them. Was it only available in Australia?

@ssieb
I put the pics up earlier in the thread (Post 171). Australia only under that brand I believe. Although 2 wire ropelight would get hits to similar products.

Ok, now I remember. This is a very long thread! If there is some capability to do more than fade between the two channels, an oscilloscope will be necessary to figure out what’s going on. If I remember correctly, there’s only a basic H-bridge on the output, so I don’t see how it could do anything else.

https://www.da-share.com/circuits/2-wire-led-strings/ This has a similar circuit and scope gifs.

I assume it would be a matter of creating outputs for the 2 drive channels. Although they need to be interlocked and one is negative side of the oscilloscope wave.
eg scope image. “-.--.--.-_”

Its alot of mucking around for little benefit. As I say better to just leave them stock and/or buy addressable LEDs if that is the function people are after.

Mine have died now since trying to put tasmota 7.1 back on them. So I cant test anymore.

edit: ugh think morse code on the scope image. I cant get the dashes and lines to post because of the code block

Yes, that’s what I was referring to. There are only two channels and the H-bridge can only light one at a time. So you can have either one or the other or some mix of the two. I made a config to try using the software pwm, but it didn’t work well. You need a special software pwm to directly drive both of the pins together.

Totally agree. Mine are now bricked. The firmware downgrade failed (as the Tasmota documentation said). Just live with the Tuya app and the Chinese spies.

Hey Folks, Just FYI. Acquired an I002741 this morning and tried to convert it… seems that the dreaded New PSK issue has now crept into the Genio stuff. Items arrived on the shelf sometime between Saturday and today. :frowning:

I’ve just flashed a Mirabella CW bulb to ESP. The flash worked fine, the bulb connects to the wifi network and to HA / ESPHome with the logs showing it switching on and off. The catch is, the bulb is not actually turning on or off. It stays off. Even when turning the physical switch off and then on, the bulb doesn’t turn on.

I’ve tried both this config and this one, the second is the one I have always used without any issues.

Could this be the whole new PSK thing as well?

I am getting this in the logs when I do the compile. Not sure if it’s related, as it seems to compile and upload fine OTA.

In file included from /data/porch_light/.piolibdeps/porch_light/ESPAsyncWebServer-esphome/src/SPIFFSEditor.cpp:1:0:
/data/porch_light/.piolibdeps/porch_light/ESPAsyncWebServer-esphome/src/SPIFFSEditor.h:16:101: warning: 'SPIFFS' is deprecated (declared at /root/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/cores/esp8266/FS.h:269): SPIFFS has been deprecated. Please consider moving to LittleFS or other filesystems. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
     SPIFFSEditor(const String& username=String(), const String& password=String(), const fs::FS& fs=SPIFFS);

No.
That would have stopped you flashing it at all.

Thanks. That’s kind of what I thought, but figured I’d ask and cross that one off the list of potential causes :slight_smile:

Maybe the light is just faulty.
Did you try using it with the original firmware ?

It did the rapid blinking when I first turned it on to put it in pairing mode, so I know it actually turned on to start with. I didn’t connect it to the Genio app though, I just went straight to flashing with tuya-convert.

Shouldn’t need to.
You’ve confirmed the led side of things work
:+1:

Silly question: the brightness was turned up right ?

Haha, had to go check. But yeah, brightness is turned up. I turned it right down and then back up again hoping it would trigger something, but no dice.

Is it possible there could be some issue with the latest release of the ESP firmware? All my lights/switches are currently on 1.14.5 (which works perfectly fine) with an update available to 1.15.2. I did have an issue with one of my lights when I tried to OTA update to 1.15.1, I think it was, where it lost connection to the wifi and has since stopped working all together. This light I’m having issues with at the moment is now on 1.15.2. Not sure if something could have changed there.