Mirabella Genio Smart Home

I also got the same error after upgrading ESPHome to 1.15.2 while flashing fastLED configuration to WS2812B LED strip. Same configuration was working fine prior to upgrade of 1.14.1 and even after upgrade it seems working normal, no issues observed except that the below error seen while flashing configuration:

/data/temple_smart_led/.piolibdeps/temple_smart_led/ESPAsyncWebServer-esphome/src/SPIFFSEditor.h:16:101: warning: 'SPIFFS' is deprecated (declared at /root/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/cores/esp8266/FS.h:269): SPIFFS has been deprecated. Please consider moving to LittleFS or other filesystems.

Mate, I flashed a WW bulb and had the same thing with Tasmota. All I did to fix it was go through the “Configure Template” option to change the GPIO assignment. I did the bulb for a mate, so i dont have it here now to double check, but I think it defaulted to either GPIO12 or GPIO13 with PWM1 set.
Moving the PWM1 assignment from whichever it’s set to in the original template, to the position above or below (I only tried moving it once and I fluked the right one straight off the bat), I managed to get power toggle and dimmer to work perfectly, being mindful of setting the default GPIO position to 0 (None).
Seems as if the fine folk at Mirabella may have also, perhaps, changed the GPIO assignments???
I’ve managed to sort my I002741 downlight the old fashioned way but the Blakadder template is definitely cactus! :frowning: Need to go through and check the assignments now, and see how I go. Fingers crossed I can make a new template.

Looks like GPIO14 is the go for me. Just changed and it’s working a treat.

has anyone found if there is a similar API to lifx for the mirabella genio powerboard?

I’m having some trouble setting up a newer version of the Kmart Mirabella Genio RGBWW lights. Part No. 1002339.

I had a couple that had been going fine for just under a year both die within a few weeks of each other, so I took them back and grabbed a couple of new ones.

I didn’t know they had changed internally until after I had flashed them with tuya-convert using the same ESPHome BIN I usually use. It sync’d and flashed fine, the light appears online in ESPHome, but I have no control of colour or brightness, and can only get warm white to come on at a particular point in the yellow spectrum.

After doing a bit of reading through this thread I’m guessing they are running the sm2135 chip to control the colours etc, so I have downloaded the 4 files mentioned (init.py, output.py, sm2135.cpp, sm2135.h) and put them in /config/esphome/custom_components/sm2135/. When I add the sm2135 stuff to the yaml files it is giving me this error…

Where am I going wrong?

1 Like

HELLO!!!

Hey all, I keep being hassled, by Tuya application on my cell phone, that a firmware update is available.

I’m terrified of doing this, because I read, if I update the firmware on the bulb, it can lock out home assistant or some other kind of thing.

Does anyone know? What should I be doing?

Finally does anyone with a Mirabello Genio have it working with the ‘transition’ command?!

A bit late maybe but what you have done should work.

If you haven’t already resolved the issue:

From memory that issue occurs when the files in the sm2135 folder are not correct for some reason. I can suggest that you try and download the files again. If you go back to https://github.com/NURDspace/esphome/tree/sm2135/esphome/components/sm2135 and for each file click “Raw” in github then right click and save. Then replace the files.

And the modified one is here: https://github.com/CaptainLeezee/HA_BitsPieces/blob/dd34093374f0453346f5aae92206d772f7a9db1e/sm2135/sm2135.cpp

I think the issue is most likely related to the files in the custom components folder, in some way.

Thanks for the reply…

Tried downloading the files again, still same issue.

This is what I get when I try to validate the yaml:

INFO Reading configuration /config/esphome/rgbw1.yaml…
WARNING Unable to import custom component sm2135.output:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/esphome/esphome/config.py”, line 134, in _lookup_module
module = importlib.import_module(f’custom_components.{domain}‘)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/importlib/init.py”, line 126, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 994, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 971, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 955, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 665, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 678, in exec_module
File “”, line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/config/esphome/custom_components/sm2135/output.py”, line 5, in
from . import SM2135
ImportError: cannot import name ‘SM2135’
module = importlib.import_module(f’custom_components.{domain}’)
from . import SM2135
module = importlib.import_module(f’custom_components.{domain}‘)
from . import SM2135
module = importlib.import_module(f’custom_components.{domain}’)
from . import SM2135
module = importlib.import_module(f’custom_components.{domain}')
from . import SM2135
Failed config

sm2135: [source /config/esphome/rgbw1.yaml:27]

Component sm2135 cannot be loaded via YAML (no CONFIG_SCHEMA).
data_pin: GPIO12
clock_pin: GPIO14
output.sm2135: [source /config/esphome/rgbw1.yaml:35]

Platform not found: ‘output.sm2135’.
platform: sm2135
id: output_red
channel: 2
output.sm2135: [source /config/esphome/rgbw1.yaml:38]

id: output_green
channel: 0
output.sm2135: [source /config/esphome/rgbw1.yaml:41]

id: output_blue
channel: 1
output.sm2135: [source /config/esphome/rgbw1.yaml:44]

id: output_cold_white
channel: 3
output.sm2135: [source /config/esphome/rgbw1.yaml:47]

id: output_warm_white
channel: 4

Anyhow… my micro sd card in my pi looks to have died over night. Time to get a new card and find my hopefully not too old backup.

If that’s happening often, check your Pi’s power supply is up to scratch.

It is the first time I’ve had one die. It was pretty old though… pretty sure it was the card I had in my Galaxy S3 when they were new.

hey everyone,

Looking for some advice here, trying to get more out of my HA setup, especially now that kmart is offering pretty well priced Genio items.

I got one of these - Genio Wifi Power Plug with Energy Monitoring
https://www.kmart.com.au/product/mirabella-genio-wi-fi-power-plug-with-energy-monitoring/3294802

My aim/hope was to link this up to the dishwasher and have HA send a notification when the current dropped to inform that the dishwasher had finished.

However, setting it up via Tuya , imported it fine within HA but theres no power management/entities to read the power values. Reading this whole thread, I can’t see that even flashing this unit will offer that functionality, further than ‘off / on / change led colour’ ?

Am I better off using the TP Link HS110 power socket+energy monitor instead? As it seems to work straight out of the box without any modifications potentially.

Any advice/recommendations would be fantastic, thanks everyone.

As long as it can be flashed to ESPhome / Tasmota then you should be able to get the power monitoring data without trouble.

There is also this which has been reportly flashed without any issues and working with power monitoring in HA.

The TP Link units do work perfectly (including power monitoring) straight out of the box, but do cost a fair bit more.

cheers @sparkydave - at the moment, its only few bucks difference between the tplink and the genio, but I have the genio here in my hand :smiley: I did opt for the genio as its a slim fit unlike the tplink. Probably should of done a little more research before grabbing them.

Would be good to hopefully find someone who may have actually had some success with these little genios.

I guess the TP Link has come down in price since I bought mine.

They look extremely similar to the Kogan v2 plugs that may of us have bought, just without the USB ports. Depending on the existing firmware it’s possible that Tuya-Convert will work to get custom firmware flashed (and worth trying), but if it’s like the ones I recently bought then neither that nor wiring directly to it will work… (and opening them up is rather destructive)

oh wow, yep I see what you mean re: opening them up… thanks for the info sparkydave! Appreciate it

I’m in the process of getting some Shelly 1PM’s installed which might remove the need for any of these as it is also…

@itsame I have sucessfully got the new Genio Wifi Power Plug with Energy Monitoring to work.
It is the exact same pin out to this https://medium.com/@peter.feerick/converting-a-medion-life-smart-plug-to-tasmota-dff741bfc35e

Just wondering if anyone has ever flashed the Genio Icicle lights. I flashed some months ago which have been working fine for basic on/off above my outdoor spa. At some point recently, now some of the lights stay on at all times and when switching them ‘on’ those lights go off and the others light up. My config is incredibly basic as it was the first time setting something up like this.

esphome:
  name: spa_led_lights
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi:
  ssid: "milutki"
  password: "wifipassword"

# Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails
  ap:
    ssid: "Spa Led Lights Fallback Hotspot"
    password: "6zeGsJ64EF0N"

captive_portal:

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:
  password: "apipassword"

ota:
  password: "otapassword"

switch:
- platform: gpio
  pin: 12
  name: "Spa Lights"

Is anybody else having trouble with the Genio WiFi Motion Sensor? I have flashed it successfully and connected to my network but it seems to keep powering itself off and I need to push the rest button to turn it back on - it then reconnects but turns off again after about 3mins. I’ve tried resetting it and again get to the default Tasmota page (192.168.4.1) but still having the same issue…doing my head in!

Is it battery powered?

Yes, battery powered. I’m using the batteries that it came with but I only opened it about 48hrs ago (batteries where wrapped in plastic). I guess it could have been sitting on the shelf for a while…I’ll try some new batteries.