Mirabella Genio Smart Home

It almost certainly has another MCU on board that is controlling the power and it’s likely a Tuya one. If the ESP doesn’t respond properly, it will eventually time out and turn off the power.

I’ll try re-flashing. Has anybody got one of these working successfully? Which firmware did you use? I used the default tasmota.bin that pulled down from GitHub with TuyaSmart-Convert.

re-flashing isn’t going to make any difference. The motion sensor should be turning it on, but it will turn off either when the ESP tells the MCU that it’s finished sending or the MCU gives up on getting a response. What are you trying to do with it?

I want to do a simple automation to trigger the bathroom lights at night. If I try to flash it back to the stock firmware and use the Tuya integration, would I have the same problem?

I’m not sure what you think the problem is. What should be happening is that the motion sensor turns on the ESP, which sends out a message with the sensor state and then shuts off. It’s running on a battery so you don’t want it running for a long time. So really, it’s currently running way longer than it should be. I don’t know how to configure Tasmota, but you need to configure the Tuya pins and have it read the sensor value from there and send it on. Is it getting turned on by motion?

Thanks @ssieb! When you mentioned configuring the Tuya pins it made me go back and check the template I was using…I hadn’t re-applied the template after resetting it. I now have it up and working (sort of) and in HA

1. Flash with Tasmota - Tuya-Convert
  2. Apply device template (make sure you also run the SetOptions & TuyaMCU commands in the Tasmota console) - Mirabella Genio I002576 Motion Sensor Template
  3. Add to HA - Mirabella Genio Smart Home

My only problem now is that it takes about 10 seconds for the PIR to “wake up” and send the MQTT topic… That might be ok in some scenarios but I want to turn on night light in the bathroom when somebody goes in at night but nobody is going to stand there waiting for that long for the light to come on - they’ll go for the switch and end up turning off the smart bulb. Any suggestions on how I can get it to trigger more quickly?

Not much, it takes a certain amount of time to get the ESP booted and wifi connected. You could try using fast_connect: on the wifi. It could save a couple of seconds if it doesn’t have to do scanning.

Could somebody help me create a template for the Genio Icicle lights

GPIO 12 controls half of the lights and 14 the other half

How would i create a template that when turned on, it cycles between the two GPIO’s, do i do this in the template, or should i create an automation to control this?

What firmware are you using ?

latest ESPHome, 1.15.3

Post your yaml so we can see what’s what

esphome:
  name: spa_led_lights
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi:
  ssid: "milutki"
  password: "password"

# Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails
  ap:
    ssid: "Spa Led Lights Fallback Hotspot"

captive_portal:

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:

ota:

switch:
- platform: gpio
  pin: 12
  name: "Spa Light 1"
- platform: gpio
  pin: 14
  name: "Spa Light 2" 

Has anybody had any luck flashing the smart plugs? It looks like the latest ones can’t be flashed OTA as tuya-convert isn’t working with them. The board with the ESP on it is parallel to the board with the relays on it, and it feels near-impossible to get at it. Interested if anybody has had any success.

1 Like

Does anyone know how I can define the LOWEST POSSIBLE BRIGHTNESS in an automation?

Whenever I set an automation to turn the lights on, the minimum value I can do (if I recall) is 11 or 12, or the things just won’t turn on at all.

If I open the Tuya application, on my phone after home assistant has turned them on, there’s definitely a bit more of a grade of brightness I can turn down, even further?

Anyone know a solution? Please don’t tell me I’m the only one. I have Mirabella Genios from KMart Aus, unflashed and around 3 to 4 years old now. (Always been reluctant to flash? Doesn’t it break Home Assistant??)

SECOND question:

The globes support the big colour wheel options but I’d also like the ability to set the globes back to warm white / ‘no colour’ mode with an automation. I can change colour to white, but it’s not the BRIGHT WHITE it’s “colour white” if that makes sense? it’s quite dim and I don’t know how to put them back into the full bright mode.

Not this thing:

This one:

Nope, flashing them to ESPhome (or Tasmota) will increase the HA compatibility since they will communicate directly with it rather than via a cloud server. This seriously increases the response time / decreases lag.

Use the colour temperature slider

That’s a graphical UI thing - how do I apply it in an automation though?
I’d love the morning to start DIM.ORANGE, proceed upwards through to bright yellow and then finally “warm white” which is significantly more bright.

Also (sorry) any tip on the minimum brightness?

Through an automation you can send the light whichever colour settings you want. ie: RGB value or XY values etc.

Getting the above to transition between the colour should just be a case of sending the next set of colour data and using a transition time, but it’s not something I’ve tried before so I can’t confirm it works quite the way you are hoping.

At A guess I’m thinking that the light simply struggles to turn on with such a low value, whether that value is send from HA or the Tuya app. Can you confirm that this is the case? ie: Does the light also not turn on if you try to start at a really low brightness? It could just be a limitation of the hardware.

Hey Andrew,
Same problem here. I tried to flash my mirabella genio smart plug USB (bought a couple of them from woolies a few months back) with tuya-convert and got this message:

Timed out while waiting for the device to (re)connect                                          
======================================================                                         
Attempting to diagnose the issue...                                                            
Your device's firmware is too new.                                                             
Tuya patched the PSK vulnerability that we use to establish a connection.                      
You might still be able to flash this device over serial.                                      
For more information and to follow progress on solving this issue see:                         
https://github.com/ct-Open-Source/tuya-convert/wiki/Collaboration-document-for-PSK-Identity-02

Now I’m thinking of dismantling it and using my serial flasher.

Any luck with this? Just had a similar issue with a IR blaster.