My latest Lovelace Screens [Updated]

To get this

you will need to add the following to your config.

1. Custom Darksky Animated Weather Card
  2. Bom Weather Component
 weather:
   - platform: bom
     station: IDQ60801.94592
     name: Gold Coast
     monitored_conditions:
       - apparent_t
       - cloud
       - cloud_base_m
       - cloud_oktas
       - cloud_type_id
       - cloud_type
       - delta_t
       - gust_kmh
       - gust_kt
       - air_temp
       - dewpt
       - press
       - press_qnh
       - press_msl
       - press_tend
       - rain_trace
       - rel_hum
       - sea_state
       - swell_dir_worded
       - swell_height
       - swell_period
       - vis_km
       - weather
       - wind_dir
       - wind_spd_kmh
       - wind_spd_kt
  1. Breakout the Attributes of the above weather component with some templates
   - platform: template
     sensors:
       bom_temp:
         friendly_name: "Gold Coast Temperature"
         value_template: "{{ states.weather.bom_gold_coast.attributes.temperature }}"
         device_class: temperature
         unit_of_measurement: Ā°C

bom_humd:
         friendly_name: "Gold Coast Humidity"
         value_template: "{{ states.weather.bom_gold_coast.attributes.humidity }}"
         #device_class: humidity
         unit_of_measurement: '%'

bom_wind_sp:
         friendly_name: "Gold Coast Wind Speed"
         value_template: "{{ states.weather.bom_gold_coast.attributes.wind_speed }}"
         #device_class: temperature
         unit_of_measurement: km

bom_wind_bear:
         friendly_name: "Gold Coast Wind Bearing"
         value_template: "{{ states.weather.bom_gold_coast.attributes.wind_bearing }}"
         #unit_of_measurement: km

bom_pres:
         friendly_name: "Gold Coast Pressure"
         value_template: "{{ states.weather.bom_gold_coast.attributes.pressure }}"
         unit_of_measurement: hPa
  1. Add this to your lovelace configuration for the Custom Darksky Weather
 -  type: custom:dark-sky-weather-card
    entity_sun: sun.sun
    entity_daily_summary: sensor.bom_gc_forecast_detailed_summary_0
    entity_current_conditions: sensor.dark_sky_icon
    entity_humidity: sensor.bom_humd
    entity_pressure: sensor.bom_pres
    entity_temperature: sensor.bom_temp
    entity_visibility: sensor.dark_sky_visibility
    entity_wind_bearing: sensor.bom_wind_bear
    entity_wind_speed: sensor.bom_wind_sp
    entity_forecast_high_temp_1: sensor.bom_gc_forecast_max_temp_c_1
    entity_forecast_high_temp_2: sensor.bom_gc_forecast_max_temp_c_2
    entity_forecast_high_temp_3: sensor.bom_gc_forecast_max_temp_c_3
    entity_forecast_high_temp_4: sensor.bom_gc_forecast_max_temp_c_4
    entity_forecast_high_temp_5: sensor.bom_gc_forecast_max_temp_c_5
    entity_forecast_low_temp_1: sensor.bom_gc_forecast_min_temp_c_1
    entity_forecast_low_temp_2: sensor.bom_gc_forecast_min_temp_c_2
    entity_forecast_low_temp_3: sensor.bom_gc_forecast_min_temp_c_3
    entity_forecast_low_temp_4: sensor.bom_gc_forecast_min_temp_c_4
    entity_forecast_low_temp_5: sensor.bom_gc_forecast_min_temp_c_5
    entity_forecast_icon_1: sensor.dark_sky_icon_1
    entity_forecast_icon_2: sensor.dark_sky_icon_2
    entity_forecast_icon_3: sensor.dark_sky_icon_3
    entity_forecast_icon_4: sensor.dark_sky_icon_4
    entity_forecast_icon_5: sensor.dark_sky_icon_5

entire package can be found here Weather Package

1 Like

Those chasing the background and cardbackK.jpg files they have now been uploaded to git here

1 Like

Ah ok :slight_smile: i meant the theme thing (cause of the white font color)ā€¦sorry :wink:

@ jimpower How does it look on a mobile phone?

see the package called theme_control.yaml in my github for all the settings for adding the theme I use

1 Like

I donā€™t use on my phone really if I need to interact with the UI I use my PC or wall mounted tablets.

*** I havenā€™t had a chance to check the card-modder render for other devices yet ***

Super cool - can I ask what youā€™re using for the garden sensors? Be interested in doing something for our veggie patch (and possibly automate basic irrigation) but itā€™s a wee way from the house/router/hubs.

@garethw I am using Xiaomi Mi Flora Plant Sensor for plant sensor. I then use a sonoff LV to control a 12v solenoid for garden irrigation. I am doing some landscaping atm so this system is actually moving to a solar panel which will power the irrigation and the gate sensor and a weather station. Details of my current system are in my github you just have to keep scrolling :wink: I will post up the new garden project once completed.

2 Likes

Mineā€™s working a treat now:

3 Likes

Looks great nice job

Although your weather is a bit all over the place. You must be in Victoria

1 Like

I should add that I had to add a pi zero out in my entertaining area to connect to plant sensors as they were too far for Bluetooth

1 Like

This is the best HA config layout Iā€™ve come across in the 2+ years Iā€™ve been using HA! Thanks for sharing!

Two questions if I may:

1. Where do you set friendly names for your Xiaomi sensors please? For example, I canā€™t find any custom names for sensor.staircase_motion, so it must be the entity name discovered by HA. Do you set this in the Xiaomi Gateways, and if so how? I have around 50 Xiaomi sensors which all present themselves with their alphanumeric ID which is a pain. Iā€™ve partially moved to zigbee2mqtt because I can do friendly names, but itā€™s still early days.
    EDIT - found where you use customise for the sensors: https://github.com/JamesMcCarthy79/Home-Assistant-Config/blob/65c329cfe5840c42e6695165f7f37d43bf3d05b6/config/packages/alarm_system/alarm_system.yaml

2. How do you spread the load over 3 raspberry Piā€™s? Is there a tutorial link you followed please?

1 Like

@jarrah Glad you found it, I have things hidden away in packages everywhere :wink: you can also just click on the entity in states and change the friendly name in there. Click on it select the settings cog and edit from there

As for multiple instances there are a few ways to go about it you could use the mqtt statestream and mqtt eventstream I went down this route to start with as my main one was really slow to respond to automations but this didnā€™t really speed things up for me so I use anything involved in an automation on a second instance and use node-red to perform the automations, as these happen in the background and mostly are either mqtt or xiaomi they replicate easy and are reflected in the UI which runs of the main instance. Somethings I need to use eventstream and statestream for to keep the 2 insync but node-red is awesome and can talk to all 3 instances whilst sitting remotely.

Hmmā€¦ I donā€™t get any ā€˜settings cogā€™ when I click on either the entity name or the pop out icon.
Any idea why not?

Clicking the entity name just populates the section at the top of the screen so I can edit and set states.
Clicking on the pop out icon gives me the same ā€˜historyā€™ type pop out I get from the main UI.

@klogg this option isnā€™t available for all entities but it is for Xiaomi Sensors

1 Like

Awesome idea - veggie patch backs onto (detached) garage which is in wifi range so could definitely pop a Zero W in thereā€¦

1 Like

I love that background! Is it default or something you downloaded?

1 Like

Something I scoured the internet background sites for.

Here ya go
https://www.deviantart.com/iamfreeman/art/Black-Background-Set-161870450

1 Like
    style:                 
      background-image: url("/local/lovelace/cardbackK.png") <== change to picture you like

The link to download the same weather background.
http://exchange.smarttech.com/details.html?id=c7b7d2f6-0e68-41bc-b320-063ae2783f69

2 Likes