MYQ not working again

According to the issue linked earlier in the thread, there is a merged PR for the October release. For those of us who installed the workaround (albeit a temporary one), will we need to undo the workaround for the updated integration to work in the new release? If so, how do we do that?

Broken here too.

I tried it with the updated library from that PR: GitHub - Python-MyQ/Python-MyQ. Still not working here and returning a 403 so it seems something else has changed. Ordered a ratgdo but looking like the end of Oct until he has more to send out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Useragent fix had worked until yesterday, now broken here too.

Looks like MyQ changed something again. I hope they are not becoming hostile to third parties.

It’s working for me again. Hopefully, it was just a transient issue on Chamberlain’s side.

However, I did replace my pymyq library with this one.

1 Like

myq is not working either. I get this. is there a fix for it yet?

However, I did replace my pymyq library with this one.

How did you do that? Just replace the entire pymyq directory?

You put the entire pymyq folder (the one with init.py in it) in the config folder for HASS and restart.

You might want to wait. The branch I pointed to is under active development, so unless you’re into testing and reporting issues, it’s probably better to wait.

One of the fixes in the branch is to handle 429 “too many requests” error by pausing for 45 minutes. That indicates that the integration may be making too many requests now. So, you might try disabling the integration for an hour and then starting it again.

1 Like

Interesting:

The coming Matter smart home standard may fix this issue for users of myQ and HomeKit. Garage door controllers are part of the first Matter specification. When the new standard arrives this fall, it’s possible Chamberlain’s Wi-Fi-connected controllers could be upgraded to support Matter. Apple is fully committed to Matter, so this might bring about a way to connect the two without needing the now-discontinued hub. The Verge has reached out to Chamberlain, which is a member of the Connected Standards Alliance (the organization behind Matter), for clarification. We’ll update this story if we hear back.

2 Likes

You mean third parties such as Home Assistant?

Edited. Meant to say “they are not”.

Nice, the changes in fix: add timeout for too many request by Lash-L · Pull Request #9 · Python-MyQ/Python-MyQ · GitHub also fixed it for me. It now has a 45 min wait built in if the API responds with a 429, I reloaded the integration a couple hours later and now I’m back in action.

That indicates that the integration may be making too many requests now. So, you might try disabling the integration for an hour and then starting it again.

Thanks. I noticed the 429 erorrs and have been disabling it when it doesn’t connect, but re-enabling the integration has never worked for me so far. Maybe I have just been unlucky when I enabled it.

here we go again

And just like that, service is back again… No HA changes, MyQ just started working again…

Same here as well

This thread is going to continue until the end of time. The myq cloud integration is crap. Either get the homekit bridge before they are all gone, or bust out the soldering iron. It honestly boggles my mind that you people have all put up with this nonsense for so long. Me? I want my stuff to work…

Yes. I was hoping that it would work after yesterday’s update. But now I am not able to log in at all with the integration. Do we have to undo the fix? Can anyone got it to work after the update?

There is understandably a lot of frustration in this thread.
The integration has been working solidly for me for a long time till some two months ago.
Even with numerous comments, from users more knowlegeable than I am, I still don’t have clarity on the reasons behind the current issues with the integration. Is it deliberately by MyQ to push people to their own ecology, an innocent change of technology, an update from HA ???
I monitored the forum of Universal Devices (IoX-Eisy) and they don’t seem to have had issues at all with their MyQ Nodeserver.
In short, as you say, the integration may be cr@p… and/or some comments in this thread may be cr@p.
In the meantime, for the past couple of days the MyQ integration has been working fine for me.