MYQ not working again

This worked for me https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/99947#issuecomment-1712572456

Yep, I’ve tried that.

When I run the mv command line I get:

mv: can’t rename 'ymyq-useragent_fix/pymyq: no such file or directory. Then I get: Rename SOURCE to DEST, or move sources to directory…

?

have you tried this? its a lot easier and foolproof.

1 Like

The one liner? Just tried it, restarted HA and still not working when I try to authenticate in the MyQ integration.

I got the same result initially because I missed the trailing space and period (" .") at the end of the mv command. I added that and it completed the mv and the myq integration is functioning on homeassistant reboot.

1 Like

Ugh. I know just enough of these commands to be dangerous.

I was still getting the Directory is not empty so I looked up how to empty it: rm -rf pymyq

Then I redid the mv command, restarted HA and it finally let me log into MyQ integration.

Appreciate the fix for this. It worked for me.

I have to ask, though, about the testing that goes into HA releases. A few months ago, a new release broke my Abode alarm system, causing my automation that arms and disarms the system to fail. This had some very disruptive consequences. The fix for that was to roll back to a previous docker container. Now, the most recent upgrade broke MyQ that I was able to fix as posted in this thread, so it was pretty easy.

Am I just unlucky? Or is the testing for HA releases somehow insufficient?

Does anyone if this fixed is goiing to be involved in the next relase? i diasbled ssh and actually don´t wont to reactivate it again

Does anyone know if MyQ is back up and running? I did use that code above earlier today but after a few restarts nothing had taken. Then, all of a sudden MyQ is back up. I went to order the Ratgdo the other day, but noticed it was on backorder and then got distracted.
I’m usually not lucky entering code, that’s why I’m wondering if MyQ is back up? If it’s not, then if I can enter code, ehhh…anyone can enter the code for a fix at the moment!

I was about to start tinkering with it and it suddenly came back to life! I did not change anything or upgrade HA. Now I am afraid to update HS or restart it!!

2 Likes

AWS has been having issues for the past 6 hours - likely a regional thing.

For me, populating the blank/empty user_agent variable with a random string.has worked for me since 9/9 - noting that my system is running Python3.9.9 and the file requiring modification was in the Python3.9 directory.

None of the ‘tricks’ work for me and I have tried multiple times.

Universal Devices (a great company) implemented a MyQ solution for their system:

I have uploaded a new version of the MyQ Node Server (v3.2.22) to the Node Server Store. This version adds a User-Agent header to the oAuth calls as well as the API calls to get around the 403 unauthorized values. It also adds a new driver value for the MyQ Service node that is a Node Server Status value managed by PG3. See release notes at https://github.com/Goose66/NSDocs/blob/bc94a8da99e12a8684f9f373d650b3f9e9cd9342/myq-pg3.md for more info.

If UD can do it, then why not HA ?

What’s described in that link is literally what the open Pymyq PR does. If it hasn’t worked for you, it’s likely either not applied correctly (can be a bit difficult on systems where you don’t have direct access to the modified library) or pssibly related to recent downtime with the MyQ service itself (unrelated to the UA blocking). I do wish there would be some movement on that PR though. Would make all the various workarounds to get an updated UA string uneeded.

The difference seems to be that they updated their Nodeserver (Integration) rather than us (non-techies) having to go through SSH ourselves in HA. So, for no/low-techies, like me, please update the integration.

My gate stopped working couple of days ago. I researched and found this fix. Tried it and did not work. Tried again and to my surprise gate started working again. However, it was only temporary. After an hour or so it stopped working. I tried to apply the fix again. No luck. Any permanent fix for this?

I had previously applied the edit to have a user agent and gotten the myQ integration working again. However it stopped working again about 4 hours ago - 403 error once more. I checked and the workaround edit is still present in request.py. Anyone else broken again?

1 Like

My broke again this morning. Looks like the above zip file does not exist anymore github :frowning:

1 Like

Mine broke again this morning as well. Fix even with new github link doesn’t work.

Mine is broken as well. Github link to UA fix has been removed.

1 Like

Yup, broken again =(