MYQ not working again

I have not updated yet; however, I found the original post for the fix, and it ended with “When the fix is made to HA, just remove the config/pymyq folder and restart Home Assistant.”

I am not an expert nor did I stay at a holiday inn express last night, but I think the following commands would do it. I would appreciate if someone could confirm.

cd config
rm -fr pymyq

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This seems to have fixed the issue! Thanks!

MyQ has stopped working for me again on the latest OS and Supervisor. Anyone else seeing this?

error is “failed to connect” and i’m not sure how to turn on debug logging as this happens as soon as I click the submit button after entering my login info

Yep was good for a few days then went down again earlier today.

Can confirm MyQ changed stuff again or is having a server issue. I’m still on 2023.8 but with the latest patch for the MyQ integration and I’m getting 429’d again. was working for a week or more, then stopped around 1030am central time today. I’m very impatiently waiting for my ratgdo boards to show up so I can finally ditch MyQ.

same here.
Home Assistant 2023.10.1
Supervisor 2023.10.0
Operating System 10.5
Frontend 20231005.0 - latest

I just got my ratgdo board! The moment MyQ stops working again at our house, I’m plugging that baby in.

There is a fix in GitHub. You can install it manually now before the next HA point release. To do so, start your terminal add-on (protection mode is not required) and run the following:

wget https://github.com/Python-MyQ/Python-MyQ/archive/refs/tags/v3.1.12.zip
unzip v3.1.12.zip
rm -fr config/pymyq
mv Python-MyQ-3.1.12/pymyq config
rm -fr Python-MyQ-3.1.12 v3.1.12.zip

After, restart Home Assistant. You may still get 429 errors, but once those go away, the integration should start working again.

Once the fix is part of the Home Assistant release, just remove the config/pymyq (rm -fr config/pymyq) and then restart Home Assistant.

2 Likes

Thank you!. One correction to your unzip command “unzip 3.1.12.zip” its missing the ‘v’ in the filename.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up! I’ve corrected my original post.

1 Like

Thank you for the excellent instructions. I ran them, restarted HA and within 10 minutes the MyQ entities were up and running again.

Thanks to the folks on Github for their rapid response too

Is this fix supposed to work if one has not previously installed the fix that resides in the config directory?

I did the USER_AGENT fix originally suggested by @ygris on GitHub back on Sep 8 changing the request.py line 34 to self._useragent = str("anytexthere"). That worked (most of the time) until earlier today. The exception was when the HA integration was slamming the MyQ servers several days ago.

When I executed the [corrected] commands above, the MYQ integration refuses to load. Not sure where it is instructed to use the config/pymyq directory as opposed to the one in the core integration.

Thanks for any tips.

Unfortunately, the fix I linked earlier stopped working. Someone reported the Homebridge integration is still working, so there’s hope the Home Assistant integration can be fixed, but it’s up to the volunteer maintainers (and any other volunteers).

Do we really know the cause ? Is it something deliberate by MyQ to prevent 3rd parties from using the API or is it something else ?

MyQ has been doing this for years, since I’ve used HA (7+ years). It’s them changing things in a (purposely) undocumented API.

TBH, what turned me off from MyQ in the first place was the monthly/yearly charge and the cloudless option. It boggles my mind that many people using HA even went that route because of the cloud reason alone.

1 Like

I am running HA OS 10.5 Core 2023.10.1. and My Q died again… It takes more effort to keep it going then the value it provides

Im using the home bridge and its working good. I blocked internet access for the home bridge to keep them from possibly gimping that also with an update.

Homebridge worked initially but is failing for me now:

[10/11/2023, 3:00:08 PM] [myQ] myQ API error: Invalid myQ credentials given: Check your username and password. If they are correct, the myQ API may be experiencing temporary issues.
[10/11/2023, 3:08:11 PM] [myQ] myQ API error: Temporary myQ API server-side issues encountered: 429 - Too Many Requests.

1 Like

same here. error: Invalid myQ credentials given

Myq mobile app works fine.