MYQ not working again

As of a few minutes ago (1/8/2021 8:30a PT) I’m getting this error:

2021-01-08 08:25:44 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.myq] Unexpected error fetching myq devices data: Error requesting data from https://api.myqdevice.com/api/v5.1/Accounts/xxxx/Devices: 400, message=‘Bad Request’, url=URL(‘https://api.myqdevice.com/api/v5.1/Accounts/xxxx/Devices’)

Anyone else seeing this?

Yup, I’m seeing 400/‘Bad Request’ too, since 11:21am ET.

Ditto for me

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this with the community.

I am running into an issue as the current myqservice webpage doesn’t show any options for device management that I am seeing, only subscription maintenance.

Am I missing something of did myq in there usual “wisdom” neuter thing even more since you went through this?

Thanks,
T.

I get three different errors:

Unexpected error fetching myq devices data: Error requesting data from https://api.myqdevice.com/api/v5.1/Accounts/87927721-d545-4f6d-bcfd-effa5762e717/Devices: Server Error
12:04:51 PM – MyQ (ERROR) - message first occurred at 9:52:27 AM and shows up 48 times
Error requesting data from https://api.myqdevice.com/api/v5.1/Accounts/87927721-d545-4f6d-bcfd-effa5762e717/Devices: Server Error
12:04:51 PM – /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py (ERROR) - message first occurred at 9:52:27 AM and shows up 48 times
Device update failed; trying again in 2 seconds
12:04:45 PM – /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py (WARNING) - message first occurred at 9:52:15 AM and shows up 144 times

It basically means what we’ve mentioned above, that Chamberlain is blocking the current user agent and that the new myQ integration is working around that. (This, by the way, is happening when “official integrations” like the myQ app and Amazon Key function without any issues.)

same here
Logger: pymyq.api
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py:118
First occurred: 8:43:37 AM (10 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:53:56 AM

I’m getting really tired of this. I know it’s an unsupported method for MyQ but they just need to let this happen.

I am starting to look for alternatives. This Moross device looks promising. I might order one, for 40.00 bucks its not a huge cost. There is a custom component in HACS

I moved my MyQ to Home Kit (as it’s supported on my device) and that’s actually been a lot better so might be an option for some.

FYI for this thread, seems like root cause is an API change to “V6”, see this issue from the python library’s github:

1 Like

How exactly did you accomplish this?

Yes, mine went down exactly around this time… Grrr…

That’s actually good news. I thought it had to do with somehow blocking user agents. However, since it’s a new API, when we’ve got a method for linking into the new API, these issues should clear up.

1 Like

Same here, went down six hours ago, at about 17:00 UTC.

1 Like

Good to know. I’m new to HA and was about to switch back to HB until I saw this… Although HB probably isn’t working properly anymore if the API changed

Broken for me also, plus my door lock ( lockitron does not show up and never has since chaimberlain bought it ) if someone looks at this can you seen if thats and easy fix to add this lock so, I would think its a matter of list lf controlled devices?

Mine went down around 11:30PM Eastern Standard Time last night.

@MwC-Trexx I seem to recall a while back that MyQ removed the website portal and is now forcing everyone to use their App. The important thing in going to the HomeKit controller through Home Assistant is to make sure to NOT register the hub to HomeKit through your phone/tablet. Since mine is working flawlessly with the HA HomeKit Controller, I’m not in a position to test if it’s possible to avoid this using my iPhone. Of course, users of the Android app won’t have any such problems. :slight_smile:

My instructions are from way back in May – pretty far up in this post. I’m bringing them forward here as this seems to have lit up recently:

Original Instructions (with some hopefully accurate edits):
When mine failed this week, I took the action to change it over to HomeKit Controller integration. It works flawlessly now, but getting it done took a bit of trial and error.

If you used an Apple device at any time with your garage door opener, you need to wipe its association with HomeKit so that HA can see it and take over. If you’re on an Android device, I can’t imagine that you’d have any trouble, but I don’t know that for sure either. If that’s you, try skipping ahead to #7 below.

1. Delete the integration and any stale objects in HA to avoid later confusion.
  2. Delete the device from myqservices.com to also avoid any potential confusion. 09-JAN-21 UPDATE: This site only allows for managing one’s subscription. The other features have been removed.
  3. Reset the MYQ Bridge device – this took a little hunting, but on my 819LMB device, keep it powered on and hold down the GEAR button until the blue light starts blinking. Then release it and hold it down again until all of the lights flash. Real fun looking up at it as it’s mounted on the Garage ceiling, but there you have it.
  4. While you’re at the device, take note of the serial number (XXXX-XXX-XXX) and the HomeKit registration code (###-##-###). You’ll need these later.
  5. Use your smart phone to get it on your home wireless network but DO NOT use the iPhone app to program it as this will register it with HomeKit again.
  6. Once it’s on the wireless network, use the myqservices.com web application to add the device back into your account. You’ll need the device’s serial number and will need to train the bridge to your opener. 09-JAN-21 UPDATE: Using the iOS app, hopefully it’s possible to to associate it with the account without linking it to HomeKit through Apple. Android users should be in the clear here.

THIS IS IMPORTANT: Make sure the garage door is working correctly through the iPhone app before proceeding and DO NOT open up the iPhone MyQ app under any circumstances until you’re done connect it to HomeKit through the phone app. You need the bridge to be free of any association with HomeKit in order for Home Assistant to be able to see it in the next step. If you’re on an Android device, this obviously doesn’t apply to you. :slight_smile:

1. Now you can add the HomeKit Controller registration in HA. You should see the MyQ Bridge listed as a device. Use the PIN and see the HomeKit Controller integration documentation if you need any help.
  2. You’ll get two devices when you’re done – the bridge and the cover itself. Rename the cover to the same name (e.g. cover.garage_door_opener ) you used before and your automations and dashboards should be working.

Congrats and go break open a cold one for all of that ladder work you just did! And I certainly hope the HomeKit integration will be more stable than the MyQ one was. I can say that after like 8 months of using it, it’s pretty stable. Oh yeah, and you can use the iPhone MyQ app now if you really want to.

MyQ was just fixed in 2021.1.1

2 Likes

If you’ve added it to your phone just deleted it from your HomeKit “Home” and then use the Home Assistant HomeKit Controller integration to add it to Home Assistant.

Once that’s done, use Home Assistant to expose the door to Home Kit on your phone using the “HomeKit” integration.

That way you’ll have local control over the door via the HomeKit protocol and can also access it via Home Assistant.