myVAILLANT integration

You can delete the integration and re-add it. That’ll get rid of all devices & entities, but not historical values and UI / automations.

Thanks for the reply. Updating the UI, etc. with the entity name changes after upgrading took long enough. I can put up with the deprecated devices until there’s a simpler way to remove them. :crossed_fingers:

Why are the device and entity names changed with each update?
It requires a lot of time to figure out which ones are valid and then addind them to the different dashboards!!!

Someone was kind enough to contribute changes that made this integration work with multiple systems and multiple homes. We looked into a way to migrate entity names, but that’s badly documented and seemed difficult.

I’m open to contributions that add this migration for the old entity names, if someone has done this sort of thing before.

If you’re now using the new names, deleting and readding the integration shouldn’t break anything. I did the same thing in my setup, it worked fine.

1 Like

Thought I would share a Markdown card template I am using to render out the DHW schedule for the week, in case it’s of interest to anyone else. (Or someone wants to teach me a better/simpler way, haha)

type: markdown
content: >-
  {% set tProgDHW = state_attr('water_heater.HOME_domestic_hot_water_0','time_program_dhw') %}
  {% set d = as_timestamp(states('sensor.date')) | timestamp_custom('%A') %}
  {% set days = ['Monday','Tuesday','Wednesday','Thursday','Friday','Saturday','Sunday'] %}
  {% for day in days %}
    {{ day + ":" }}
      {%- for item in tProgDHW[day.lower()] %}
      {%- set st = as_timestamp(today_at(timedelta(minutes=item["start_time"]))) | timestamp_custom('%H:%M') %}
      {%- set et = as_timestamp(today_at(timedelta(minutes=item["end_time"]))) | timestamp_custom('%H:%M') %}
      {{ st }}{{ " - " }}{{ et }}
    {%- endfor %}
  {% endfor %}
title: DHW Schedule

screenshot of the result:

2 Likes

Hi
Does anyone know why after nigrating from sensoApp to myVaillant the Consumed Energy are totaly different from what I can see in Multimatic 720 (wall controler)?
I know it is not 100% related to this integration.
What more betore update to myVaillant in sensoApp values from app and multimatic controler were more less the same :frowning:

I’ve also got the water pressure missing and would also like the flow and return temperatures. They’re all available in the installers version of the MyVaillant App, but only the flow temp in the customer version.
Vaillant Arotherm HP, VR940F internet GW. I’ve turned logs on, but not sure what I’m looking for. Thx

You could try the export service to look for the values and create a ticket with the relevant data.

Thanks - I’ve done the export but it doesn’t seem to even show the entities that I can see in HA let alone the missing ones. Forgive the novice question, but how do I create a ticket?

This looks like a really interesting integration that I might need. I’m having a Vaillant Arotherm Plus installed in March and would like to integrate it’s monitoring and possibly control with the other things I have on HomeAssistant.

I do have one question. I see in your example on github you refer to Zone 1. Does the integration support multiple zones?

I’m coming from a combi boiler controlled by Honeywell Evohome. So I have a zone per room (11 zones) and most things I read about ASHP refer to only one zone. Whilst I can go to that configuration does seem a bit of a backward step. I realise that is not related to the integration, but more the way installers keep telling people what is right. Was interested if you have support for multiple zones (even 2 - eg:living and sleeping)

The “Zones” are limited. My Arotherm Plus could theoretically handle 3 Zones, but I would need control units in those rooms. You have to be careful when you choose components, because the wired controllers need eBus cables in any room you want to use, so if you don’t already have those, maybe go with the wireless setup from Vaillant. The wired and wireless components are not interoperable!

That’s exactly the setup I had - combi and Evohome. The heat pump only has one zone, and I’ve retained a few Evohomes in the bedrooms and other areas that experience solar gain. They’re only used to limit the temperature in the room. They don’t interact with the HP. HP uses external temp and weather compensation curve. (If there’s a way to PM me from here, happy to chat further)

What functions do you want to perform with the VR940f through homekit? Or are you just hoping to run it locally?

The VR940f is a gateway so it is likely to rely on the vaillant servers. I assume it collects data from your system then Vaillant calculate values and make that available back to you via the app.

There is a homekit code on the vr940f box/packaging.

I have multiple zones for heating, most of the time its just upstairs and downstairs with a slight variation for the lounge. I use the vaillant sensocomfort to set the flow temperature and then heatmiser thermostats to control individual room temperatures. I have 5 separate thermostats which I control with automations in certain scenarios. I have also automated changes to the hot water and heating paramters through Vaillant.

You should be able to achieve whatever you’re hoping to. You’ll need an internet gateway from Vaillant (vr940f I’m assuming you’re up for that or you wouldn’t be on this page) if you want to get some statistics without recording them manually from the sensocomfort, or a heat meter, or pcb to plug into the ebus port on the arotherm interface.

I like the arotherm unit, but the fact yiou have to buy the sensocomfort and the gateway then you only get stats on a delayed hourly basis isn’t great IMO. I installed a shelly Energy Monitor to get real time power monitoring. I’d definitely recommend that.

I’ve set up a PM. Very interested in your experience.

Quick question. Does anyone know if Vaillant API allows for more control over ventilation system (VAR260/4 etc.) and would it be possible to add it to this integration?
Looking for a way to automate airing/intensive ventilation somehow.
In VRC720 i have “airing” option, but it’s not available in MyVaillant app as well as in this integration. Don’t know if it’s API limitation, or something that was just not implemented yet in the app (and integration).

1 Like

I have the older Recovair unit which isn’t compatible with the Sensocomfort, so I have it hooked up to a 0-10V input (I use Homematic, but Shelly or others also make the 0-10V controller) and have my ventilation system fully automated with CO2 and tVOC sensors.
I think you would be better off following that route than trying to control the ventilation through myVaillant or ebus.

I can control the ventilation in real time between 0-100%

Does anyone understand how this entity works in the HW tank?

sensor.tank_temperature_domestic_hot_water_255

I have a 250l Vaillant Unistor tank.

I set my HW Temperature to 50C, when its 18C I can still have a hot shower. So I’m now really interpreting this as how much HW do I have left. Rather than expecting the temperature from my taps to match tank temperature. But why? Anyone know why the specifc thermometer reading would behave in this way.

There’s a new pre-release with support for calendar entities, and a few fixes: Release Calendar entities for time programs, made is_active optional · signalkraft/mypyllant-component · GitHub

Sample of the calendar:

@willenic for me it seems to behave differently, I ge close to the water temp of the sensor out of my taps.

1 Like

Hello

Great job!
Thank you for all these developments.