myVAILLANT integration

It will be also compatible with Vaillant EcoCompact VSC206 4-5 with controller VRC700/6 and gateway VR920 ? I am waiting when Vaillant upgrade my gateway to new app myVaillant. He has time for upgrade to end march 2024.

There’s an issue for that here:

The VRC700 seems to use a different API endpoint, and since there’s no documentation and I don’t own this controller, someone needs to help me figure out which API is used. Details are on Github.

This integration looks great. I’m not using it yet as I’m waiting for the sensonet install. Can anyone tell me if there’s a control to set the legionella cycle time? I want to change it to match cheap energy times.

Also is it possible to set the temperature on a buffer cylinder on a heating system? Same reason, taking advantage of cheap or pay-to-consume agile rates.

There’s a new pre-release for those of you with a VRC700 controller that got migrated to myVAILLANT recently:

@jamesnunn there’s no dedicated legionella controls, since that’s not available over the API. But you can easily schedule your own with an automation:

I can’t help with the buffer cylinder, since I don’t have one in my setup.

Hello Philip.

Before I start, I want to thank you for the great work you are doing. One of the drawbacks I find with the Vaillant system is that it can only integrate with the Apple universe, it is not ready to integrate with Google Assistant. That was one of the reasons I started with Home Assistant, to use your fantastic Vaillant integration.

The Vaillant system I have in my house is:
Vaillant ECOTEC PLUS boiler + VR940F + sensoCOMFORT

Your integration works perfectly, but one of the data that I miss is the level of modulation of the boiler when it is heating, I can only know if it is heating or standby.

Please, would it be feasible to obtain this data with your integration?

Best regards and thanks.

You can set the hot water to time controlled or cylinder boost. You can’t set a legionella cycle directly but it’s fairly straightforward to set automations up to change the target temperature of the HW based on time, or utility price if you have an integration for your energy supplier.

Thanks Philipp, I’ll check on openenergy monitor and report back…

Thanks yeah I saw an example of someone doing just this, my concern is that the legio cycle still has to be configured to run on the sensocomfort, and will run on the schedule set which will be a waste if it already ran less than 6 days ago.

I have mine turned off and the hotwater schedule too. I literally just run it based on the cheapest time of day on cylinder boost. I’ve got 5 people in my house so we cycle through the tank 99% of the time, plus my wife loves to rinse the sink out with hot water :no_mouth: I could probably do with more than a 250l tank.

This is a good explainer on legionella.

Heat Geek Legionella temp settings

Thanks for the tip, but i don’t know if i want to go that route and if it’s even possible.
According to manual external “speed selector” is disabled in case controller is connected, which is the case for me (i have VRC720).
Besides there should be easier way. I know already that i can set vetilation level using this integration (standard 1-6 level), but haven’t found anything on ventilation boost yet.

1 Like

Hi Philip,
great work! I love the MyVaillant integration and the effort you are putting in here.
Since your last release a functionality was changed which I perhaps can get back in another way.
I used to call a service to set the HVAC mode for my radiator circuit to “off”. This would also switch off the circuit pump.
In your latest release however, this (same) service call now results in falling back to the Set Back temperature (instead of “off”) and this keeps the circuit active (and hence the pump circulating).
How can I call the circuit to be switched off like we had in v0.7.1?

Regards,

JanN.

Hi Philip,
I stand corrected. It seems calling service HVAC > off still switches off the circuit.
But…. The thermostat card now shows the Set Back temperature as opposed to “0” as it did before. Not sure if this was an intentional change in the representation of the “off” mode on the thermostat card.

Regards,

Jann.

So it depends on the position of the thermometer, lower down the tank it behaves as I experience, higher up towards the outlet it is more closely coupled to the temperature at the taps.

Hi, I am new to this / VRC700 user / so thanks for adding support to that to your integration! My question is regarding the update frequency of the infrormation I can get from integration. I have e.g. information for Tank temperature as of Yesterday, yet obviously it has changed since. Understand some metrics here are fine static or with low frequency / e.g. Setpoint. For Options I kept it as it came in Integration as default e.g. 60 seconds between scans and Delay before refreshing data after updates at 5. Thanks!

The change was intentional, but apparently had a bad side-effect. I wanted to more closely match what the app was doing in time control mode at night, where it shows Eco mode and (at least that’s my understanding) heating only below the minimum setback temp. But apparently that broke how the thermostat card displays when it’s off. Could you open an issue for that and post test data after you’ve switched HVAC off?

@standa most sensors refresh at the default 60s interval, only energy & efficiency data is hourly. Please open an issue and post debug logs.

Hi, I have never done that, could somebody advise how to do that? Thanks

Then you can check errors in Link to Logs – My Home Assistant and create an issue in Issues · signalkraft/mypyllant-component · GitHub

I starting to using the integration due to VRC700 Migration to myVaillant App.
Does anyone know how to enable the quick veto for cooling with this integration? I only see the option to switch to “auto” “heating/cooling” and “off” and for quick veto I can only define the duration but not the mode.

With multimatic I had an automation that turns on cooling if inside and outside temperature reaches a threshold. The automatic cooling function of vaillant is totally misfunction as it uses the average temperature of the 24hrs before it starts any cooling. In most case this was not working or way too late e.g. when it’s outside below 20° degrees it starts cooling…

1 Like

Hi folks,

Apologies if this has been answered already (in which case please point me towards it): what would be the recommended way to automate the DHW cycle timing based on Octopus Agile pricing? I have Target Rate Sensors set in BottleCapDave’s Octopus integration, which are selecting a suitable slot overnight and another during the day, which appear to be working.

I can think of two possibilities here, but unsure which is the better route (or if I’m way off track and there’s a better way to approach this):

1. Use the ‘next_time’ attribute of the target rate sensor to set the DHW schedule using the ‘Set Water Heater Time Program’ service (not really sure how to do this yet…);
  2. Use the on/off state of the target rate sensor to trigger a DHW boost cycle.

Am I on the right track here? Any suggestions/pointers much appreciated.

@pdd I just came across this super cool integration… thank you so much for the hard work and input…

I was looking at this and thought it would be possible to take this data and put it in to Azure Machine Learning and get an optimised heat curve based on my properties thermal mass. This would be super cool and hugely improve the heating efficiency especially if you combine it with weather reports to optimise heating based on solar gains on sunny days etc…

Has anyone tried anything like this in this forum?

If so I would love to hear about it?