myVAILLANT integration

Can you please help us how you make these and what you make these.
we need litle bit help.
we are Vaillant sellers in Estonia.
[email protected]
we can all so pay money for that.

Hi!

I installed your integration today and so far it works pretty well.
Is it possible to change manually to the “night mode” which is using the “Set_back” temperature?

For “heating operating mode” I can only switch between “auto”,“day” and “off”. “Set_Back” (aka night mode) is only used if I choose that mode directly in the myvaillant app.

KG

EDIT:
Just installed the latest beta → problem is already fixed :wink:

@pdd
Works perfectly with aroTHERM plus, VWZ AI, VRC700 and VR921. Thank you very much!
Smoothly installed 5 devices and 32 entities. Unfortunatelly the Home System Water Pressure entity is missing. Is there any way how to add this entity?

Should I ignore this? Does it offer anything over and above the myVAILLANT integration?

The error that I get when setting away mode is as follows

Failed to call service switch/turn_on. setpoint is
required on this controller

So temperature setpoint is not provided for away mode and a code fix is probably needed.

Hi!

I was wondering if it is possible to add a sensor with the error codes or making it easier to take info from the binary_sensor_x_trouble
_codes.

So far I’ve managed to do something like this in a notify message:
{{ state_attr(‘binary_sensor.xxx_trouble_codes’, ‘diagnostic_trouble_codes’)[1].codes[0] }}

That gives the info

{‘code’: ‘22’, ‘type’: ‘FAILURE’, ‘title’: ‘Heat source freeze protection temperature’, ‘description’: ‘T6 temperature sensor: Temperature falls below -10 °C.’, ‘occurrence_timestamp’: ‘2024-03-09T01:29:47Z’}, so yeah it works but not that clear tbh.

Whole attribute atm is this:

diagnostic_trouble_codes:
  - serial_number: SN
    article_number: "0020262148"
    codes: []
  - serial_number: SN
    article_number: "0010021132"
    codes:
      - code: "22"
        type: FAILURE
        title: Heat source freeze protection temperature
        description: "T6 temperature sensor: Temperature falls below -10 °C."
        occurrence_timestamp: "2024-03-09T01:29:47Z"
  - serial_number: SN number
    article_number: "0020260962"
  - serial_number: SN number
    article_number: "0010023610"
device_class: problem
friendly_name: XXX Trouble Codes

So I think that title, description, occurrence and code could maybe fixed someway. Like:
"F.22 - Heat source freeze protection temperature

Issues with T6 temperature sensor: Temperature falls below -10 °C at 2024-03-09T01:29:47"

If that’d be possible it would great, but I don’t know the best way to go about it.

@Terraframe
I am just facing the same failure with my aroTHERM plus. Unfortunatelly the heatpump is installed in the diferent location and I am not able to verify the status on site.
The title and the description of the failure seemed to me strange, because the outside temperature is high over zero for long time … When googling I found:

An F22 fault happens when there’s too little water pressure for your boiler to fire up . That’s why, if you’re looking at a Vaillant F22 fault code, your boiler is probably ‘locked out’, and there’s no hot water coming from your taps or shower. You’ll also notice that your radiators won’t be warming up as expected.

Unfortunatelly the Home System Water Pressure entity is missing in my HA (my post above) and and I have to travel to check the water pressure. Tomorrow I will know more.

Hello!

Just migrated my VR920 from multimatic to myvaillant app. Almost everything seems to be available like in the previous integration but I cannot find any information about the circulation binary sensor which seems to be missing. In multimatic it was binary_sensor.dhw_circulation. As I used it to control the electric heater it would be great if anybody would be able to advise here.

Thanks!
Lukasz

One more question about holiday/away mode. Using the service set holiday I am able to switch the climates to away mode but still the hot water is running in the previous state. Any advise how to manage it as it was in the previous integration where there was one service to switch of the system during the holiday including the hot water.

I also dont have binary senor shw circulation… i also have gateway VR920 and VRC700/6 controll panel.

Yeah, I was just wondering how I could get the message looking cleaner. We had to up the pressure, and at that time we had the one making the installation on their way so it is fixed for us.

Hope it worked out for you!

@Terraframe
Yes, I fixed the F22 failure (low water pressure), too. However, I did not find the way, how to make visible the Home System Water Pressure entity in my Home Assistant instance to see it remotely.

Hi,

During installation of this integration I get the following error in spanish:
It could not be loaded the confliguration flow: {“message”:“Invalid handler specifier”}

Home Assistant 2023.7.3
Supervisor 2024.03.0
Operating System 11.2
Frontend 20230705.1 - latest

Any tips on this?
Thank you!

You should have something called

[sensor.xxx_system_water_pressure] where you could see the water pressure, hope it helps :smiley:

Thank you!
I have upgraded HA to 2024.3.1 and now it works properly.

@Terraframe
Unfortunatelly, such a sensor is not avalable in my instance.

I experience a lot of timeout on the connection to Vaillant. Do you also experience that? my local interto to sensonet is stabile.

Yes, it has been acting weird last couple days. But it’s same for their stock app it seems to me so probably unrelated to the add-in

1 Like

There’s a new pre-release with preliminary support for Ambisense room thermostats. It’s not well tested, yet, so feedback is welcome in the associated issue on Github!

Recently I am getting some errors in the log when I want to change the set_mode:

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
It happens with v0.7.4b9 and v0.8.0b2.

Does anyone else have same problem?