myVAILLANT integration

Go to backups, select the backup from the update to home assistant core, select restore

1 Like

Hi there,

using HA 2024.5.5 and myVaillant 0.7.3, upgrading to a higher version gives me

Unable to install package myPyllant==0.8.12: ERROR: Cannot install mypyllant==0.8.12 because these package versions have conflicting dependencies. ERROR: ResolutionImpossible: for help visit https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/topics/dependency-resolution/#dealing-with-dependency-conflicts

any ideas?

HI,

in my case error is:

Unable to install package myPyllant==0.8.9: ERROR: Cannot install mypyllant==0.8.9 because these package versions have conflicting dependencies. ERROR: ResolutionImpossible

any idea and support please!!

This is working for me, however I can’t see the water pressure entity. Please can someone tell me how to update the firmware on my myValliant gateway?

Installation worked like a charm and there’s plenty of information accesible through the sensors. One thing I was missing is a simple sensor providing the state of the heatpump. Something, that allows to quickly scan the active cycles of the pump, no matter if it was warm water or any of the heat circuits. I read that it’s good to monitor these to maximize the lifespan of the areTherm. So a sensor with categorical states like, IDLE, WARM WATER. HEATING etc.

Anyone got this to work? I only could get a proxy by checking the energy consumption.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem/question. I can’t turn on cooling.

Has anybody found a solution?

Maybe you could use the cycle count (On/Off cycles) counter.

1 Like

I measure the power of the heatpump with a Shelly. Further on I use the “sensor.x_circuit_0_state” (x to be replaced by your installation) to decide, if the system is “HEATING” or not. By this I calculate two new template sensors: heating_power and hot_water_power. There you can see exactly, how long the heat pump was running for which purpose and also how the power changes over time.
Hope this helps.

Does this mean that actual power consumption cannot be monitored? Any clue how to get the heat pump into the power flow plus dashboard with corre t value, ideally distinguished between heating and hit water?

You can monitor any power value with “sensor.x_device_0_arotherm_plus_current_power”. As far as I can remember, this power seemed for me not to show the correct power in some situations (only the power for hot water but not for heating??? But not sure about this, too long ago). However, I decided to measure independently with a Shelly, and now the values are plausible.
But you can give this sensor a chance and see, if it works under all circumstances as expected.

Power consumption and other real time statistics (i.e. on off cycle) should work again in the latest release.

There’s also a bunch of new features in the last couple of releases:

• Added switches for manual cooling & ventilation boost
  • Added EEBus and Energy Management data + sensors
  • Added EEBus switch
  • Added options for fetching Ambisense rooms, energy management data, and EEBUS data
  • Hopefully improved energy data fetching - the API calls now match what the app does more closely
  • Added experimental temperature range feature for climate entity, if cooling & heating are both active
  • Added services set_time_controlled_cooling_setpoint, set_cooling_for_days (manual cooling), and set_ventilation_boost
  • Added Datetime entities for manual cooling
  • Renamed some climate presets to match the names in myVAILLANT

If anyone has energy management data or some EEBUS devices hooked up, I’d appreciate if you created an issue and added test data.

Also, I’m not sure if the temperature range controls work on VRC700 controllers - let me know, please!

3 Likes

New services in this update solve the manual cooling problem. Thanks!

Thank you for this excellent integration. I’ve been using it for a few months and it’s been extremely useful.

I’ve noticed a change in behaviour (> 0.8.3) which may or may not be intentional:

In versions 0.8.3 (and below) the “climate target” would track my scheduled temperature (or setback temperature) regardless of whether or not the system had shifted into “eco” mode (when the outdoor temperature exceeds the “OT switch-off threshold” temperature preventing the heating from turning on regardless of indoor temperature). Apologies if I’m using the incorrect terminology, perhaps this is more easily explained via a graph:

After the update you can see that when “eco” mode kicks in (outdoor temp > 17 C) the “climate target temperature” shows 0, whereas before it would show the scheduled/setback temperature.

It’s not a big deal, I was just surprised by the change.

Hello Darscan,
I was the one who asked pdd to modify this info in order to highlight the ECO mode and be consistent with what is displayed on the Android application when the outside temperature exceeds the programmed threshold.

Hi @telenaze,

Ah, thank you, I must have missed (or misunderstood) that request.

Hi,
thanks so much for creating this. I have been waiting for a long time for Vaillant to create something like this but without any luck.
I installed the app successfully and everything is running smoothly.
A few small remarks though with regard to Holiday mode:
When I set my holiday mode on my Thermostat I set the start date and the end date. If the end date is set to July 1st for example it means it INCLUDES that day as part of the holiday mode. So when I return on July 1st I set my thermostat mode to stop a day earlier on June 30th.
With the app you have created it is exactly executing as to what one would expect: to stop the mode on June 30th. However: In HA it clearly shows the number of days in holiday are over and the mode is OFF, BUT the thermostat remains in that holiday mode for one more day (according to the operating mode it was used to). So there seems to be a discrepancy between the app and the thermostat. Is this something that can be fixed.
Another small thing is about the target temperature during holiday mode. When the mode is set, it automatically goes to 10 degrees. However on the thermostat or the Vaillant app you can select the desired temperature during holiday mode. IS this an entity that potentially could be added?
Again, I am so happy you created this app as now I get full flexibility. The Vaillant app only allowed me to program 3 time points per day and then linked to only a Comfort temperature and a set back temperature. With your app I can completely ignore the time program of Vaillant and program everything with some automations in HA with as much timepoints and temperatures as I want. On top of this, it will allow me to switch off the heating once I leave the house, which is not possible with the Vaillant app right now.
Thanks again! I really appreciate your work.
Paul

I think there is something wrong with away mode, when i set the time, it jumps in time and date.

and
when it type in the right time in the app. the atribute on “Home away mode” is 2 hours off.

The right time in the app is on the right side

Hello Radu,
how do start and Stop the circulation pump for hot water? I did Not find a solution.
Thomas

Hi,
I have a Saunier Duval Duomax Condens F34 150C in France and i use the app MiGo with success, but when i try to configure myVaillant i have an issue with this error:
Authentication failed, check your username and password and make sure you selected the right country and device brand.
Any ideas ?
Thank you

Hello
you have to use Migolink.