Nabu Casa single account to manage multiple instances

Me too. I would like multiple logons for all instances that I manage in nabu casa and preferably also in the companion. I also understand that each account will need a payment. In my case I have my own live instance, a test instance and one I set up for my mother.

+1 Have The main instance in my house and have a second instance in the barn (connected to main instace via ethernet)
This to cover my whole home since zigbee, zwave and other will not reach from main instance.

Second instance have bare minimum but running Zwave and Zigbee2mqtt and it would be really handy to access those via remote. In theory this is “one instance”/one system or one home or whatever it could be called

+1 Have home setup and work, want to start adding 10+ clients.

+3 I have a total of 4 home assistants; would be good to get a license for bulk buy too as I cant quite justify the cost just for Alexa, currently I have a VPN I use and then can manage all 4 on the management vlan. Only reason I just started using Nabu Casa is to test Alexa

2 Likes

+1 as HA gets bigger and even more popular these features are needed for playing customers who will continue to support nabu casa

+1 i would love to see that feature

Yah me too!

I read in the linked GitHub issue that this was beeing worked on, but that was a very old reply (1+ year). Anyone from Nabu Casa that can confirm if this is really being worked on?

I think the demand for it is really there, based on all the threads and reactions…

1 Like

+1 i also would love to see that feature. Have two different HA instances to manage…

+1 as well. I’m going to have two instance running for a year, and need to be able to manage both of them as I migrate systems over to the new one.

What is the status of this ? I have three instances. Home, yacht and cabin and would like to access all of them through my single nabu casa profile

2 Likes

From the Nabu Casa FAQ: Can I use a single account for multiple Home Assistant installations?
“This is not possible. It would require large changes to how the service works and our current focus is on evaluating and improving the stability and scale of a single instance per subscription.”

1 Like

I spoke to Nabu Casa in August 23 as I was automating 300 houses and required this functionality in order to manage the cloud for my clients. They said no so I had to use OpenHab instead as they offer cloud for free. I did not mind paying for HA cloud I just could not expect each client to sign up, pay and manage their own cloud service along with paying my company separately for other services. It would confuse them and be a nightmare for my company to manage.

This being said I doubt this functionality will be added any time soon as even with the potential of hundreds more subscriptions and a lot more in future I received a no.

It’s frustrating as I prefer HA but commercially I only offer OpenHab as account management is a deal breaker for me.

2 Likes

Agreed. The fact that this is not a BASIC function of HA Cloud is ludicrous. Yes, it could result in a major refactoring of code. Yes, it’s a big deal. Should it take (now, almost THREE) YEARS to do this? Absolutely not!

Even Vera can manage this. I was ready to pull the trigger and move to HA and Nabu Casa but now I’m not sure.

I got a home assistant yellow and want to play around with it before using it for my main instance. I wouldn’t even mind setting up multiple accounts and paying for each of them, but the mobile app doesn’t seem to support multiple accounts. This functionality would ~not~ require any refactoring on the cloud side.

1 Like

Hi there is a way to add multiple instances to the app. In the app you have to go to settings->Companion App-> then add a server here , you can add here multiple instances .Switching is a bit clunky because you always have to go to the settings and then select the instance then activate the instance you want to currently use. For testing your new instance that should suffice.

I currently manage 2 instances using Nabu Casa and all works well. I had to use two different email addresses to set them up. Switching in the mobile app is not clean but it does work. I have no issue paying the monthly fee for both accounts. However, I now want to add a third account. Again, no issue paying for it. However, it will now require a 3rd email address to set it up. I am not in the habit of using “burner” email accounts. Any suggestions on how to to be able to manage all 3 accounts with a single email address?

If you are using Gmail, you can just use “+” addressing to the end of your Gmail address ([email protected]) Nabu Casa treats them as separate account ids but they still come back to your main email address.

In at least the Android App you can use a 3 finger swipe to switch between accounts