Need testers for updated Enphase Envoy sensor

That message is normal as Home Assistant updated the integration and has deprecated the YAML configuration style. Nothing to be concerned about (until your system gets updated to D7.0.43 that is…)

I’ve installed the CT’s for more accurate measurement, but it’s still reading the inverters. How to make it read the CT’s instead?

1 Like

Changing to use the CTs instead of the inverters for the primary measurements is a setting on the Envoy that can be controlled through the installer toolkit app on a mobile device.

Just double checked it, it works. My fault.

It would be awesome if we can setup the renew interval in an easy way. I’ve configured it by making the component available via custom_components. But now, im missing software upgrades ofcourse.

@djaust
I’m a complete noob when it come to this kind of stuff but trying to learn.

Thanks to your code for sensor template I have managed to update my configuration file and get this working (after a few formatting issues). I then created a card in lovelace to show Production / Consumption and Net power.

I also like the the way have the icons change when it’s importing or exporting. Nice touch.

After I got it all working I then tried to get the importing from grid to show the absolute value. Using the template checker in HA I managed to get it to work in the result window (always show a positive value) and it also worked live. What i couldn’t figure out is how this effected the import / export icon result because the icon would only display balanced icon so obviously it was not seeing a -ve value anywhere.

So what I would like to happen is that the icon and text change depending on import vs export but the value always show a +ve value (is this possible?)

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I’d probably change the icon, friendly_name and value tempalates to something like

inst_energy_difference:
  friendly_name: Instant Energy Difference
  icon_template: >
    {% set value = ('%0.1f' | format(states('sensor.envoy_current_energy_production') | float - states('sensor.envoy_current_energy_consumption') | float)) | float %}
    {% if value > 0 -%} 
         mdi:solar-panel
    {%- elif value < 0 -%}
         mdi:transmission-tower
    {%- else -%}
         mdi:power-off
    {%- endif %}
  friendly_name_template: >
    {% set value = ('%0.1f' | format(states('sensor.envoy_current_energy_production') | float - states('sensor.envoy_current_energy_consumption') | float)) | float %}
    {% if value > 0 -%} 
        Currently Exporting 
    {%- elif value < 0 -%}
        Currently Importing
    {%- else -%}
        Balanced
    {%- endif %}
  unit_of_measurement: "W"
  device_class: power
  value_template: >
      {% if value  < 0 -%} 
          {{ value * -1 }}
      {%- else -%}
          {{ value }}
      {%- endif %}

Will show like

consumption

1 Like

@djaust

Thanks for providing the code so quickly, much appreciated. Works like a charm

@djaust could you share the code that you use for that card?

Sure, it’s using the custom graph card and some vertical and horizontal stack cards.

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
      - type: custom:mini-graph-card
        name: Current Production
        unit: kW
        decimals: 2
        value_factor: -3
        entities:
          - sensor.envoy_current_energy_production
        name: Current Consumption
        unit: kW
        entities:
          - sensor.envoy_current_energy_consumption
  - type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
        name: Daily Production
        unit: kWh
        hours_to_show: 120
        show:
          graph: bar
        aggregate_func: max
        group_by: date
        entities:
          - sensor.envoy_today_s_energy_production
        name: Daily Consumption
        unit: kWh
        hours_to_show: 120
        show:
          graph: bar
        aggregate_func: max
        group_by: date
        entities:
          - sensor.envoy_today_s_energy_consumption
  - type: entity
    entity: sensor.inst_energy_difference

Good Morning,

I set up this integration new on a new HA instance (2021-6, now updated to 2021-7-4) for two Envoy’s on the same network.
One is an original Envoy, one is the new Envoy IQ.
Both were manually configured through the Add Integration window (not autodiscovered).

The readings work great, and all the inverters show up.
The issue is the global sensors (energy_production, energy_consumption, etc) do not have unique IDs assigned to them. This leads to fun issues with logging when HA is restarted.

I’ve looked through the new sensor configuration and I can’t figure out why this is happening.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Peter

hi,

At the current author of this integration, would it be possible to update the classes of the sensors ?

If this is done, we can use the input from enphase in the new energy balance / monitor tab from the latest release. 2021.8 :slight_smile:

thank you in advance fot the effort. :slight_smile:

The enphase integration was updated as part of beta process. So it will already work with the energy integration. However, there is some additional work required to create the required long term sensors.

1 Like

ah. ok. cool. :slight_smile: I indeed was talking about the long term sensors.
I will give it a go and report back.
Thank you for the reply and effort during the beta period

Yeah, it’d be nice to see them rolled in.

But while they’re not, then you can create them yourself if needed.

Im a bit at a loss.
What kind of sensor data is required to be fed to the Configuration > Energy area.
Would that be only (k)Wh data? or W?
By default, I can only see the first, the Wh sensors from my p1 meters production/consumption and solar (enphase lifetime) production. These are sensors of class energy, not power.
The graph I see after 2 hours is still incorrect.

Hopefully you can help me get my head on straight again :slight_smile:

uodate
looking at the picture in your linked post more closely, I beginning to think I AM doing things correctly… Hope you can confirm that.

Under solar palels I have selected the Enphase_new_lifetime_energy Production (Wh)
Under Electricyti Grid I have the Energy consumption tarrif 1 and 2 and the same with production (2x Wh)

So I think names of sensors created by the envoy integration have been changed slightly from what I used (my integrations been running for almost a year).

So instead of sensor.envoy_current_energy_consumption it is now sensor.envoy_current_power_consumption

And instead of sensor.envoy_current_energy_production it is now sensor.envoy_current_power_production

You need Energy Sensors (i.e. kWh or Wh), not power ones.

So you need to convert the power sensors into an energy sensor using the Reimann Sum integration.

The sensor.envoy_lifetime_energy_production sensor is used for the solar production measures.

1 Like

I am not convinced that this integration necessarily needs to provide all the sensors required for the energy dashboard out of the box. After all, the Envoy device measures your energy consumption and solar production, not the energy you import from the grid or export to the grid.
Using helpers like integration, utility meter or templates may still be required. That’s a bit clunky at the moment, but I’m sure will improve over the next few releases.

1 Like

For any newbies that want their Enphase Envoy to work with the new Energy feature in Home Assistant 2021.8 please see Enhpase Envoy on 2021.8 with new Energy feature

2 Likes

Hello, I have enphase batteries, I would willing to help test.

How did you get the data out of envoy into HA? What config did you use?

yes, used this. thanks mate