New Add-on for HomeMatic/homematicIP support - Action Required

1. That’s not unusual. Normally you could have just reloaded the Integration via UI. That should have triggered the Init-Process immediately.
  2. What you install now as a custom component (it’s not an add-on) is the same as what was previously using the domain hahm. We just renamed it from hahm to homematicip_local. Besides from minor issues that have been fixed meanwhile nothing has changed.

Sorry for the addon confusion… I know it is not an addon per se.
Strange that the button configuration changed though…

EDIT: ok. Button issue solved as well. The presets become visible once switching to AUTO. This is not happening in the old integration.

EDIT 2: Don’t know if you have experienced that but switching from MANUAL to AUTO mode (in Lovelace) regularly leads to a connection drop and the TRV becoming unavailable.

Can you open corresponding issues here?

Done

Cheers,
Merc

1 Like

Hi, thanks for this great add-on.

That addon made me to transfer my old FHEM instance to HA.

Now i am struggeling since a few days with my 6-Button Homatic device.
But first some info on my setup.
I have a rasperrymatic with the RPI-RF-MOD installed.
On a other raspberry is HA running with the custom homematic integration.
All devices are created via auto create in HA.

My problem is, that i cannot use the “long_press” button as continuously pressed in order to dimm up or dimm down, or change the volume of my speakers.

I tried to create a programm in my raspberrymatic for the device, but this didn’t help.
I tried to change the min duration for “long press”, didn’t help.

I figured out, while using the listening function on homematic.keypress that the no events arrive if is press the button. The “long_press” and the “press_long_release” arrive at the time, doesn’t matter how long i press the button. I assumed a “long_press” event every seconds to arrive until I release the button.

Here are the two events which arrive:

Event 1 fired 3:49 PM:
{
    "event_type": "homematic.keypress",
    "data": {
        "interface_id": "RaspberryMatic-BidCos-RF",
        "address": "PEQ1590823",
        "type": "press_long_release",
        "subtype": 2,
        "device_id": "254415a1ed493ef48c86f4ed99dd6796"
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2022-04-14T13:49:20.940049+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "8e8637beebf0a129db4d1b5ab5971e89",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}
Event 0 fired 3:49 PM:
{
    "event_type": "homematic.keypress",
    "data": {
        "interface_id": "RaspberryMatic-BidCos-RF",
        "address": "PEQ1590823",
        "type": "press_long",
        "subtype": 2,
        "device_id": "254415a1ed493ef48c86f4ed99dd6796"
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2022-04-14T13:49:20.939567+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "5d433dce586f8fc09d2101c76ed1b6a1",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

I hope someone can help me :slight_smile: I need this function, took me a long time to teach my girlfriend how to use the buttons.

Thanks Lukas

i found my solution. i had to change the communication from secure to standard in my raspberrymatic instance.

Is there a way to adapt the blueprint for 6 button for “continuously pressed”?

alias: SW55_2Press
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: device
    domain: homematicip_local
    device_id: deviceid
    event_type: homematic.keypress
    interface_id: RaspberryMatic-BidCos-RF
    address: address
    type: press_cont
    subtype: 2
condition: []
action:
  - device_id: deviceid
    domain: light
    entity_id: light.badezimmer
    type: brightness_increase
mode: single

Br, Lukas

Want to switch from actual integration to custom_homematic.

When I deinstall there actual one, do I still need to delete all entities (how) or do they get autodeleted?

Delete the config.yaml entries, reboot, go to entity list, put Homematic in search box (or sort by integration or …), select all (double check that only the right ones are selected), delete entities button, done.

Thx. Let’s see when I will go the step of killing all my automations and yaml-sensors by that.
But now I know how to do it. :slight_smile:

You should not kill the automations, etc. Because it is portable, that the entitiy_id will be the same for most of your current entities after the change. And if not, easier to change than to recreate.

That is what I meant: This Update will kill my automations. At least some. And also some of my special sensors.

If I have currently a CCU3 and I want to migrate to HomeAssistant - Can I make a backup of CCU3 and import it into this AddOn? Or Do i need to install RaspberryMatic and completly setup newly my SmartHome?

yes, you can do exactly that. The HA addon is a raspberrymatic docker instance which replaces the CCU. You will then also need to install the homematic integration.

Bear in mind though you will need a radio device connected to your HA machine (eg. through HM-RF-USB / HM-RF-ETH or as a HAT). In addition, up to now it was not possible to use HMIP HAP as a “range extender” in combination with the addon due to multicast implementation (if not mistaken).

Alternatively to changing your hardware you can also use the ccu3 in combination with the HA integration.

Hi team,

when I try to add GitHub - danielperna84/custom_homematic: Custom Home Assistant Component for HomeMatic as repository, I get the error message “Invalid Add-on repository”.

Have I done something wrong?

The one you have linked is the custom component integration. Available e.g. via HACS.

The one from the topic is the add-on for running CCU on HA server. For this read first post above and the links.

@danielperna84 Hi, ist there a plan to add the homematic integration to the offical homeassistant store or to build in into homeassistant, like other integration e.g. Hue

At the moment is only possible to install via HACS…

Thanks and regards
dan

What should be this?

And why do you not use HACS or manual install?

What i mean is, the build in integrations of Homeassistant… You can find many of them by the way… Philips Hue, DLNA, Weather Intergration, etc. Homematic is missing.

You can use the old integration method via configuration.yaml, or the awkward way via HACS.
Would be much easier, if this integration is a standard intergration in Homeassistan, like 100+ other integrations too…

Why not HACS or manual? → error susceptibility, not officially supported, upgrade issues, much more time to install…

Life would be easier, if Homeassistant discover homematic by itself :wink:

BTW: I have installed it via HACS… My question was, if it will find the way to the standard integrations of Homeassistant in the future :wink:

I know all this. I was only wondering about your term “official homeassistant store”. This is not existing. The discussion has been started to renew the existing core integration with the new one, but paused, because of the disadvantages.

And believe me, you have more benefits if it is in HACS, than in Core. The “official support” leads to situations like in Add homematic STATE channel as attribute by sVnsation · Pull Request #56559 · home-assistant/core · GitHub, where a one line PR to support the valve state of some thermostats in HA is now already pending for 9 (!) months. If you have a valuable feature or bug in the new integration, it is most of the time fixed in some days.

Have a look at this discussion: Planung für Integration im HA Core · Discussion #381 · danielperna84/hahomematic · GitHub