New Aqara Gateway Hub

Hi all,
is there any problem with the illumination sensors included in the Aqara motion sensors (rtcgq11lm) I can see the motion sensors with the Homekit integration (binary_sensor_XXX) but the illumination sensors are not being showed up.
any idea?
Thanks!

Hi.
Got Aqara hub. Connected automatically to HA via homekit_component, but it doesn’t show the magic cube that is connected to the hub. Aqara app sees it, but HA does not. Any thoughts?

Hi,
i made my integration of the gateway with HomeKit and paired instantly but I can’t find where can I manage the alarm sound… I don’t have any option. Any idea ? thanks Capture d’écran 2020-05-13 à 09.43.58

someone say it can be with a custom components for the HomeKit version ?

can anyone tell me how to activate the alarm sounds? thanks in advance

You have to set it up in the Aqara App first.

Here’s what I did to get things working:

1. Ensure the Aqara app is in “HomeKit” mode.
  2. Press and hold the button the hub until it flashes yellow.
  3. Once it’s flashing, add the hub to the Aqara (or Apple Home) app.
  4. Open the Aqara app and add all of the sensors that you are going to use.
  5. Configure the Hub to behave the way you want (which sensors will trigger the alarm, the volume of the hub, etc). Note, that in HomeKit mode you cannot change the alarm sound.
  6. Once everything is set to your liking, remove the Hub from the Apple HomeKit app. This will leave the device on your network but will unpair it from HomeKit.
  7. Open HomeAssistant and use the “integrations” tab to add a new “HomeKit Controller” integration. It should automatically find the hub. Ensure that you enter your Hub’s HK code with the required dashes between the numbers (xxx-xx-xxx).
  8. Once pairing is complete you should see everything in Home Assistant and be able to arm the alarm from there. Note, that you cannot change which sensors will trigger the alarm on the hub unless you unpair from Home Assistant and add to HomeKit again.

'Having said that, it looks like the Aqara app uses some of the Bonjour strings to determine whether or not it can control the devices on the network…if Home Assistant were to pass those through to the Home Assistant Home Kit Bridge I imagine that the Aqara app might be able to control the Hub through Home Assistant…this is all speculation though it’s based on the fact that up until .110 the Aqara Hub wouldn’t show in the Aqara app when it was added to Home Assistant. After .110 it does. I believe this is related to the change that allows the Home Assistant Bridge to pass manufacturer names through to Home Kit.

3 Likes

thank you so much

After completing these steps, I get the following error message:

Strange, is it possible that HA isn’t seeing the hub? They are on the same network?

You could also try to reset the pairing on the hub by holding the button until the yellow light starts to flash. Once that happens, open your iOS device and go to the wifi settings. Scroll down and you should see your hub listed. You can connect it to your wifi network there. Make sure your phone is on a 2.4 ghz network when you try this.

Hello JJRoss,

I have tried every possible scenarios:

• reset by pressing for 10 seconds / rapidly pressing the button 10 times
  • pair with WIFI network on the phone
  • pair with MiHome app only, and bounding to Home
  • pair with AQARA app, and not with MiHome nor Home
  • pair with Home (iOs)
  • pair with nothing
  • pair, bound and then remove

I am desparate :smiley:

I’m sorry, I wish I could help more. I assume it al works in the Apple home app without Home Assistant?

Ok, interesting turn… I have managed to pull this off, and connect the gateway to home assistant with adding an extra layer, an AP to the network with different SSID. I am not sure why this made the magic, but the important thing is that it is in :smiley: I had issues with devices not being responsive in Home - now this improved a bit, but still there are serious downtimes.

I manage to get it working, just sharing my thought.
Follow @jjross instruction above with the following exception.

With IOS device its seem to force binding with homekit.
Remove it from all apps and homekit
Use ANDROID Mi Home app to add the hub to the wiffi network.
Once you check your router and see the hub Aqara Hub-xxxx
Follow step 7 - 8 to integrate to HA.

Now I got it working on both Mi Home app and HA, I can return to IOS apps.

May be Aqara app work same way, just dont use IOS apps once it bind to homekit its hard to remove.

Cool,

The device is now available in HA:
Capture

Only thing what I would like to know when I enter disarmed, if by any movement of the devices the alarm will go of and if possible to receive an notification on my phone that someone is in the house?

Thanks

What ever sensors that you use to trigger the alarm can be use to trigger a notification.
Also in the mi home app you can set notification when alarm triggered.

Problem is that the Mi Home App doesnt showing up the hub, only the aqara app in Homekit mode.
The only thing what I would like is that when I add the sensors to Home assistant with Conbee, and I left home, I can enable the alarm, so when the sensors detect any motion i get an notification an the alarm will go on…

HA cannot trigger this alarm, it only can ARM or DISARM and view it status. All settings for the alarm have to be done in the App. As for the notification you can write an automation to send notification when the sensor are triggered with a condition when the alarm is ARM, something like this.

- alias: notify movement when armed
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id:
        - binary_sensor.motion_sensor_1
        - binary_sensor.motion_sensor_2
    to: on
  condition:
    - condition: state
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.aqara_hub_xxx
      state: armed
  action:
    - service: notify.[your email notification]
      data:
        title: motion sensors triggered

Thanks!!

Meanwhile I have it worked on a other way also, but your information is really helpul!

Thanks mate

You are on top
I looked for a while how to do until I found your comment !! :smiley: :+1:

So it works … I just have the impression of having given access to all my home automation to the RPC by configuring the app and entering my wifi code … but hey; o (

Thanks again !!

I am now looking for how to add a touchpad :star_struck: for codes:

Does someone know how I can receive notifications from Home Assistant, or Telegram when the alarm goes one?