New Aqara Human Presence Sensor FP1

yes! thank you. i have the exact same issue

How to do you hook up to the approach events? If it’s possible to use it as a ‘turn on’ and then use occupancy, then it would be really great. I didn’t see any way to use it as a trigger in automation…

I just had this issue with FP1 connected through zzh! (newest firmware) to ZHA. The FP1 itself has firmware 0x00000035. I wonder if there’s a newer one that could potentially fix this. Anyway, what I observed was situation when it simply didn’t changed from detected to clear. Pressing Reset Precence State did change it to default state. Behaviour like that renders this device quite useless. :frowning:
Now I’m testing low sensitivity. I also wonder if placing it differently could have some impact on how it detects. I’m using it in bathroom so there are no additional things that could potentially disturb how it works. But currently, for testing, it’s placed at eye level, close to the sink, to the right of the door, facing opposite side of the entry. I could move it above the door, setting it at some angle to point more downwards.

Anyway I had this issue few times already from the moment I started writing this post. Both with sensitivity set to high and low.

I did a response test with the pf1.
The sensor is 2 m from ground level, facing a bit down.
When I enter the room it takes 8 sec before he goes to on.
When I go too the room at 1 m from the sensor or 3 m it is always 8 sec.
From on to off it’s varies, from 20 to 40 sec.
This on default settings.

I’m not sure I was patient long enough to confirm the 40s limit. But if that’s the case then it’s quite bad and yet expensive motion sensor. The only advantage over Philips Hue would be mmWave. And it’s really weird because mmWave sensors are very fast for both detecting and clearing. Which would suggest some bug in the firmware or deliberate decision by Aqara - I already wrote them a message but I don’t expect any response. :frowning: I really hope there’s gonna be some firmware update that will fix this (at least for getting off faster because the on can be easily fired up with PIR)…or I’d have to buy another Hue to have reliable detecting and clearing…

I don’t like doubling posts but I think it’s quite useful info so here it goes:

I put the pf1 and a normal motion sensor in a group input sensor. And put them both in my main room.
So the normal sensor for the response and the pf1 for the occupancy.
This works good.
And put the group sensor in my room presence automation.
I did a test, 2 people in the main room, room-presence-sensor shows main-presence and the group-sensor shows on.
One person is going to the sleep room. Room-presence shows sleep-presence and the group-sensor shows on.

Yeah, I did that as well. I have Hue paired with PF1. It works good enough for getting fast on response. It doesn’t work as good for off I’m afraid - PIR can’t be used for that because of often it fails detecting someone that doesn’t move at the moment - that’s the main reason for getting mmWave sensor. :wink:
What I’m going to also do is to get enter event through automation. So I could set the approach state this way and translate this to on/off for detecting purposes. It’s sad that those events aren’t as reliable as they should be though - they don’t always fire and leave is as slow as occupancy getting cleared.

I just recived the Aqara FP1 , i have paired it with a PIR motion … but the aqara doesnt stop the motion for hours … .its very slow , only when i push the reset_nonpresence_status , it turns of …i have the latest firmware on the conbee II and have it with Z2MQTT , doesnt anyone know whot to make it a little better ???

Thank you

Disabled should be enabled. Last seen N/A there should be a time.
Repair with z2m. Wait for the pop message. It should be green. Red is not good. If it is not good, repair again. Not good, remove the sensor (force) restart HA an repair again.
Twice.

This is only the case when you have Device-Availability functionality enabled within Zigbee2MQTT.

As for my previous post talking about the sensitivity throughout the night I’ve repositioned the FP1 sensor which made a significant difference:

Old position:

New position:

Only one small false positive at the end. So it’s all about the position.

In case of tracking sleeping person, manual suggests to direct sensor at the head of the bed and don’t install it on other side of the bed but rather to the side or above. Just small tip, if you haven’t read it already. :wink:

Definitely did not read the manual completely written in Chinese :sweat_smile:

But great addition indeed, my original position was at the bed end at 1m height, by which the sheets are blocking the view. My new position was still at the bed end but directly in the top corner of the room. So at 2,6m height.

Thank you for all you replys ,

i had the availability and last seen turned off . iv turned that on , but i still see in the map that the aqara is not connected to any other device dispite being very close , but the conbee sees it now

Noob question , is there a option on the frontend to repair the devices i cannot see it , i moved from smarthings hub that had zigbee and zwave , and now i have them on a local ubs sticks , but still learning , can u tell me here to go to repair the devices ??? on the SM it had a button to repair the network …

Well if its the reconfigure button the yellow one , then i already tried it … lets see if it stops motion better now !!

Hopefully this will fix it for you. Possible other things to check are:

• Make sure the coordinator firmware is up to date (I had the same problem before and noticed my Conbee stick wasn’t on the latest / supported firmware).
  • When presence is detected, the FP1 sensor is very sensitive. So even when a rod or a curtain is moving by small wind gusts it keeps reporting presence. Make sure to test the sensor on rooms without ANY movement after you’ve left.

Hi Thanks leon , it was the frist thing i did was to flash the conbee it has the latest :

i have the fp1 pointing from a shelf to the other side of the room , and it has a windows where its pointing , maybe you are right , because the curtains can move … even if i close the window , sometimes the air con can move the curtain a little , im going to try to position it differently

thank you

@LE0N its working better on another place now …but it takes like 3 to 5 min to remove the presence , do you know if its possible to lower this ??

could it be the sensitivy ??? i set it to medium !!!

Thank you all for help and answering

Someone already mentioned this somewhere but first thing to check is to eliminate device failure. Make the FP1 detect presence and then put it on the floor, with sensors directed downwards. Move away and monitor if the presence is cleared. It should take 20-40s to do that (or up to 30s by Aqara’s manual). If it works like that then your issue is simply because of placement.

Yes you are right , i did that test of puting it agains the floor and it worked , iv found a good placing in the room , and now it detects me leaving within 20 to 30s , thank you all for your help

I guess if we could read the manual it could say watch for the placing , but since there is no other language support , that is why there is this awesome forum

Thank you all