New Aqara Human Presence Sensor FP1

Just ordered 2 from that second link.

18 left , but a bit more expensive than my last link at $50 a pop.

Mine still haven’t even shipped from that last link I sent (anyone get theres from Mi Homes Online Store yet??) and the friggin rep is telling me it’ll probably be July 20th even though they told me June 20th and asked me to extend it since it was due to ship earlier. Ready to cancel at this point…

Edit: More found here too. The links seem to hide when you try to search for the actual product, but more always appears under recommended products. It’s like they don’t want our money.

Here’s some reviews.

I think that’s a review of the Tuya device. The one for this thread is a different device, offered by Aqara.

1 Like

Yes my post is off topic but you can see I’ve replied to a post about Tuya.

I think you have to tolerate a little bit of chat about alternative solutions in these threads…? Often it’s how you discover other things?

Sorry, didn’t realize you were responding to another’s post about Tuya.

No worries…

Hi all,

How awesome are these things, I just bought a couple.

Did the region support get added to HA yet? (New to HA :slight_smile: )

I ordered from your link (Mi Homes Online Store) as soon as you posted it. Today I got a notification that the package has arrived in the destination country, so hopefully I’ll be able to play with it in a few days.

1 Like

Mine arrived today! Seems to work fine via Zigbee2MQTT so far.

I got my hands on one last Wednesday, and the binary motion sensor works fine. Even though the diagnostics show presence, presenceevent, and config options, I do not see them with my device (see screenshot below). Running 2022.7.1, and also tried 2022.8 (:dev). Has anyone been able to access all features of the FP1 with Deconz in Home Assistant?

Dunno if it helps any, but I just got my hands on one today and this Is what I get with ZHA

That looks like what I would expect, but it appears that this only works with ZHA at this time, not Deconz.

1 Like

Are you using it without hub? I’m using the Sonoff zigbee dongle but can’t get it to join. What are you using?

Is there any recommend settings for this to change in Zigbee2Mqtt? It seems to say “home” even when not been in the room for a while.

On a couple of my smart plugs I can change the reporting time to update energy usage quicker I wonder if need to do the same for this? but with the FP1 this seems more complex and needs to select a cluster and not sure what one id need to update.

Cheers

Same here, only one binary entity through deConz, no settings and no additional information like directions and distance

I’m using a Texas Instruments LAUNCHXL-CC1352P-2 as a adapter. No Xiaomi hub. But I think all supported adapters in Z2M should support this device. Have you tried updating Z2M to the latest version?

I’m using 1.26.0-1 for Z2M, and (since 5 minutes ago 1.26.0 for HACS.
I tried it with a second sensor as well, that didn’t work either. :cry:
Also uninstalled and installed Zigbee2MQTT but that also didn’t make a difference. There must be something I haven’t done, I would imagine, but I can’t think of what that would be…
Maybe I should just buy a hub after all? :thinking:

HACS has nothing to do with this.
I agree you must be doing something wrong… you should not require a separate hub. Do you have other zigbee devices already working with your sonoff adapter via Z2M?
What I am wondering however, if all adapters are supported… since some adapters and minimum firmwares for them are named here:
https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/RTCZCGQ11LM.html#adapter-firmware
So perhaps there is an incompatability there.
If that is the case you could also consider switching zigbee adapters rather than getting a xiaomi hub for it. But maybe someone else can confirm whether it works for them via the sonoff.

EDIT: Also, the zigbee channel that your network is using matters:
https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/RTCZCGQ11LM.html#channel

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

I have 3 window/door sensors (Sonoff SNZB-04) working fine with Z2M. The channel I’m using is 11, which was auto configured.

I followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCE5Z43EKpk to flash firmware 20220219 from koenkk. The dongle has chip CC2652P, so that also seems ok, and my firmware is higher than the minimum required.

I’m stumped… :man_shrugging:

When you have enabled pairing on your coordinator, and you try to pair the FP1, do you see anything in the logs in Z2M or in the UI (popups that pairing is happening) ?